Morrissey Central "BOOYAH !" (July 31, 2023)

unnamed-1.png
unnamed-4.png

ARGENTINA - SOLD OUT (Movistar Arena)

MEXICO CITY - 15,000 tickets sold (Sports Palace Arena)

LIMA, PERU - SOLD OUT (AP Exposicion)

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA - SOLD OUT (TR Center)

SANTIAGO, CHILE - 14,000 tickets sold (Movistar Arena)

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL - almost sold out (Espaco Unimed)

Funky Samoans not pictured.
FWD.

Here's what I need:

Get Off The Stage/Papa Jack/Tony The Pony/He Cried/Asian Rut/Who Will Protect Us From The Police?/Journalists Who Lie/Kick The Bride Down The Aisle/All The Lazy Dykes/Lady Willpower/The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye/Found Found Found/Satellite Of Love/Golden Lights/Redondo Beach/That's How People Grow Up/Rebels Without Applause (played exactly as recorded)
BRILLIANT! HAHAHA!

Here’s the setlist I’m anticipating for the 40 years tour:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway
It certainly won’t be far off!

My guess.

Still Ill/That Joke isn’t funny anymore/Frankly Mr Shankly/Stop me/Please Please Please/London

EDILS/Suedehead/Our Frank/Speedway/You’re The One for me Fatty/Alma Matters/Let Me Kiss You/Paris/Istanbul/You have killed me/I wish you lonely/Bonfire of Teenagers/Without Music the World Dies./

not in order

This is false advertising!
Moz current touring guitar players can't even play the greatest hits!
Who wants to hear "Chug Rock" power chord strumming versions of the classics?

If Alain's current band was backing Moz then it would for sure be a true greatest hits tour.

This whole "40 Years of Morrissey" thing has got me thinking, since they're using album titles on the tour images... Given that we're lucky these days to get a setlist of 20 songs in one evening, and there are 20 studio albums to choose from (I'm including Hatful and the two unreleased ones, whatever), and there's a rule of one song from each album, what would be your personal setlist?

I don't necessarily mean the best song from each record, but 20 songs that would make up, for you, a great Morrissey show?

The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat Is Murder
The Queen Is Dead
Strangeways Here We Come
Viva Hate
Kill Uncle
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall and I
Southpaw Grammar
Maladjusted
You Are the Quarry
Ringleader of the Tormentors
Years of Refusal
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Low in High School
California Son
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain
Bonfire of Teenagers
Without Music the World Dies
That would definately make a great show Bookish, or the playing of one whole classic album, would be bloody great.
But can you imagine the stoney silence met with whoever was brave enough to suggest it to M? 🤣

This whole "40 Years of Morrissey" thing has got me thinking, since they're using album titles on the tour images... Given that we're lucky these days to get a setlist of 20 songs in one evening, and there are 20 studio albums to choose from (I'm including Hatful and the two unreleased ones, whatever), and there's a rule of one song from each album, what would be your personal setlist?

I don't necessarily mean the best song from each record, but 20 songs that would make up, for you, a great Morrissey show?

The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat Is Murder
The Queen Is Dead
Strangeways Here We Come
Viva Hate
Kill Uncle
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall and I
Southpaw Grammar
Maladjusted
You Are the Quarry
Years of Refusal
Low in High School
California Son
Bonfire of Teenagers
Reel Around
Still Ill
Rusholme
Some Girls
I won’t share u
Alsatian
Tony the Pony
NF Disco
Spring Heeled
Southpaw
Ammunition
Come Back to Camden
Dear God
Carol
Julie in the Weeds
Israel
Sorrow
What Kind of People
Oblivion
Pop Dropped

You’ve got everything now / What difference does it make / I want the one I can’t have / There is a light that never goes out / I started something I couldn’t finish / late night, maudlin street / lucky lisp / mute witness / I know it’s gonna happen someday / now my heart is full / nobody loves us / lost / I like you / life is a pigsty / something is squeezing my skull / art hounds / spent the day in bed / morning starship / once I saw the river clean / rebels without applause

I think Mozzy could get record deal soon
His UK tour was a success. His Sinead post scored him untold public praise. Praple have had enough of Dave Hazlam and Billy Bragg riding his coat tails.
All he needs to do is keep on keeping on
get a documentary made to go with this tour
Mix footage through the years and a good interview. Get a good director, not Sammy
Get that played on Netflix, Showtime or whatever. Release live lp on download only
Get a buzz going, by this time next year he will have a label

It would be a f*cking great tour and setlist if Alain and Boz were there, picking for sure beautiful songs not played in years. BUT with the current guitars, oh boy, dear god please me!, they can't really play the songs the right way. How they dare to improvise over tunes of The Smiths or Alain? Shame is the name.
Hope M can pick the songs anyway.

P.S. bring the boys back

The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat Is Murder
The Queen Is Dead
Strangeways Here We Come
Viva Hate
Kill Uncle
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall and I
Southpaw Grammar
Maladjusted
You Are the Quarry
Years of Refusal
Low in High School
California Son
Bonfire of Teenagers
what difference does it make
heaven knows im miserable now
well i wonder
there is a light
stop me
break up the family
southpaw
trouble loves me
first of the gang to die
to me you are a work of art
i'm ok by myself
one of our own
back on the chain gang
some say i got devil
my hurling days
monsters of pig alley

It would be a f*cking great tour and setlist if Alain and Boz were there, picking for sure beautiful songs not played in years. BUT with the current guitars, oh boy, dear god please me!, they can't really play the songs the right way. How they dare to improvise over tunes of The Smiths or Alain? Shame is the name.
Hope M can pick the songs anyway.

P.S. bring the boys back

duuuude! Why stop there?! Forget the Lads! Hell! Forget Street! forget even Marr! Mozzy needs to get back with Billy Duffy and give us those amazing Nosebleeds unheard classics! :guitar: :rock::rolleyes:

His UK tour was a success. His Sinead post scored him untold public praise. Praple have had enough of Dave Hazlam and Billy Bragg riding his coat tails.
Mix footage through the years and a good interview. Get a good director, not Sammy
Get that played on Netflix, Showtime or whatever. Release live lp on download only
That's the problem other than playing shows and commenting on deaths, he doesn't seem to want to do anything to promote himself. But yeah, there's a ton more he could do to raise his profile or at least connect with his fans.

duuuude! Why stop there?! Forget the Lads! Hell! Forget Street! forget even Marr! Mozzy needs to get back with Billy Duffy and give us those amazing Nosebleeds unheard classics! :guitar: :rock::rolleyes:
Oh phoney
You must be new about M, but nice try. Good luck for the next time.

I really am curious and excited to see what he’s going to do with the set list. Since this is a big deal, an anniversary, will he play a longer show, I wonder. These are my choices. Throw them around and shake them up to form an amazing show, but by the looks of it, the concert my be at least three hours long!

Hand In Glove
Rusholme Ruffians
Bigmouth Strikes Again
I Won’t Share You
Late Night, Maudlin Street (!)
Sing Your Life
Tomorrow
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
The Operation
Maladjusted
Come Back To Camden
Life Is A Pigsty
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
Mountjoy
I Wish You Lonely
Some Say I Got Devil
Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?

And from compilations
This Night Has Opened My Eyes
Rubber Ring
Unlovable
Disappointed
Billy Budd
Piccadilly Palare
Nobody Loves Us
Michael’s Bones
November Spawned A Monster
That’s How People Grow Up
Ganglord
I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty

So you’re asking him to do some things that he should have done years ago?

My list would include the following.

1. Still Ill
2. Back to The Old House
3.Well I Wonder
4. I Know It`s Over
5.I Won`t Share You
6.Late Night, Maudlin Street
7. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
8.Seasick Yet Still Docked
9.Now My Heart is Full
10.Southpaw
11.Lost
12.Let Me Kiss You
13. To Me You Are a Work of Art
14.Something is Squeezing My Skull
15.Julie in The Weeds
16.Days of Decision
17.My Hurling Days Are Done
18. Saint in A Stained-Glass Window

Terminé con dos boletos adicionales para Colombia, buenos asientos cerca del frente. si alguien quiere comprarlos mandeme un mensaje :)

This is false advertising!
Moz current touring guitar players can't even play the greatest hits!
Who wants to hear "Chug Rock" power chord strumming versions of the classics?

If Alain's current band was backing Moz then it would for sure be a true greatest hits tour.
Hell yeah! Tobias and the rest of girls in the band couldn’t dream of playing those classics. Alain and his band right now would stomp the shit out this current lineup.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom