Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on the official management thread has posted that they wonder if the SA gigs have been pulled because the band have had enough and packed in?

The band canceled the shows??!

Well, that’s new.

Let's all be honest with each other without embellishment and without malice. The "For Britain" affair ruined his tarnished career and he hasn't been able to turn things around or ask for forgiveness in any way since. Even well-filled concerts in small halls with enthuastic die-hards don't change that. Nobody wants to release the records anymore, concerts are cancelled, plans are scrapped and even the Simpsons took up the matter. The nerves are obviously frayed and there should actually be a management for something like this.

He did apologise on stage in New York late 2022, which just goes to show, no matter how many times he might say sorry, it would be ignored or misconstrued. Let's be honest about that too.
He doesn’t need to explain; an apology to those out of pocket and out of accommodation would suffice nicely.
When has any explanation ever 'sufficed nicely' around here? Whatever he says, you booyah him out of it, don't you? We have a reason now. Many hearts are heavy. Could we try to make this
a place
With a bit more time
And a few more
Gentler words
?

Surrounded by Donnie, SER and Damon in sophisticated Zürich. What could possibly go wrong with his mental healing process? "Yes, the press accepted "our" statement. All quiet on the solow front, Insta and Meta. Take that blue one for some more sleep".

That 40 years of Morrissey tour was a little… underwhelming.
Let’s hope the 50 years tour will have more manageable dates, albums released and at least half of the shows don’t get cancelled.

Yes, absolute disregard for fans.

Is age an issue? Is mental health an issue? Then he should go and seek help or rest for a while or even retire if all this is unbearable. To keep this charade going is absolutely revolting.

I didn't have tickets for these absurd dates. But I still have them for all South American gigs, as well as air tickets. Just waiting for the new round of cancellation now.
I am sorry, this must be so frustrating for you

Yes, absolute disregard for fans.

Is age an issue? Is mental health an issue? Then he should go and seek help or rest for a while or even retire if all this is unbearable. To keep this charade going is absolutely revolting.

I didn't have tickets for these absurd dates. But I still have them for all South American gigs, as well as air tickets. Just waiting for the new round of cancellation now.
Cancel everything you can now. Even if he does turn up, it’ll be a lacklustre shit-show, you can watch it all on YouTube already.

Sorry to be very blunt, but you sound completely unhinged. The dates were not booked and cancelled “for no reason whatsoever”, and it’s not just “no reason whatsoever” just because you’re angry and typing it.

Also, last time I checked, sorry but you have zero claims on what he does in his free time when he has weeks and weeks in between tours.
Bravo! So many whiners here calling for some kind of contrite and humbled Moz. No thank you! He has always been an unpredictable artistic genius and let's hope he stays that way. I have kept tickets for two different Moz shows from back in the early and mid 90's that were cancelled at the last minute, these aren't new occurrences at all. His initial shows in the US even clocked in under 80 minutes every night. He doesn't owe anyone here anything and hopefully he won't ever change.

Seems I have angered the nutters :lbf:
I am so happy people completely and totally identify with Morrissey and his mental health issues, but I am even happier that I don't. Whatever his issue is this time, there is still no excuse for what he's done. Now all the posts I have seen saying this surprised no one make sense, he is not even in the US. Hope he enjoys his extended vacation while his career is gasping it's last breaths.

This doesn't make sense - He has been ordered to rest for 2 weeks and will remain in Zurich. That implies that he wasn't even in the US so why didn't he notify fans that the gigs were off earlier.
This is something that is really troubling. He had no intention of showing up.

. Could we try to make this
a place
With a bit more time
And a few more
Gentler words
?
No, this is not that place and you trying to make Solo a place that it is not won't work. You don't like the posters here and you don't like the moderators here and you don't like the rules here, so get the F out and go start your own site. David and the others work hard here and they tell us what is acceptable and what is not and you don't get a say in it, so leave. This site is owned and run by a man who is banned from seeing Morrissey live because Morrissey does not like this site. Where are your complaints about free speech there? Why do you find that acceptable? Go away.

I couldn't blame him if he never toured again. He should get some well-earned rest. Take it easy Moz! If ticket sales were a problem, venues were too big and it's tough to play just one album...people want to hear all the best of your solo work and some Smiths songs too. hope you take a year or two and find some peace.

I couldn't blame him if he never toured again. He should get some well-earned rest. Take it easy Moz! If ticket sales were a problem, venues were too big and it's tough to play just one album...people want to hear all the best of your solo work and some Smiths songs too. hope you take a year or two and find some peace.
Rest?

he hasn’t recorded in more than a year, he hasn’t toured for several months and the tours he does do are short with at least two dates between gigs.

he literally lives in 5 star hotel suites and flies first class.

God help him if he ever had a real job.

Didn't the people who insured the tour require a medical check before hand? In view of his history?

I'm trying to understand what you're saying... is it that he's been working too hard and deserves a break? You're aware of how many concerts he's canceled (AKA not performed... AKA didn't work those nights) in just the last few months, right? I agree he should take a break and regroup but not because he's been in any way overworked.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom