Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're playing "Alma matters " on german radio hr1 at the very moment. Something they normally never do. That's emotional, really. What a great song ,what fantastic band what a period to be a Morrissey fan, than.
And the words still ring true today:
It’s my life to ruin my own way :)

They could say, ok these gigs aren’t sold out but there’s 10000 people who have paid to see you, so get out there and make them happy.
Exactly. How tiring can it be to go on stage for an hour and a bit, adored by screaming fans, run through a few songs, flex the mike cable if he's feeling energetic, and drop into a warm bath before the fans have even queued in the freezing cold for a way home. Ffs. Not to mention the money from tickets and merch.

Oh I’m sure they do, but Morrissey is his own person and when he says no he really means no.
so they should just say to hell with it and find a less stressful job...

It was so out-of-this-world then, I never thought he is completely serious.
Oh, he was always serious. I just listened to another ditty from the same year this afternoon:

I started at the top and I worked my way down ;)

Tbh I think his career was at a low point at that moment in time too. It took him 7 years to recover.

I have seen Morrissey over the years many times starting in 1992
So sad he can't consistently pull it together
I saw him in November of 2022 at the Fox in Oakland
It was a perfect night
He sounded phenominal
Dripping Swag
He was fresh off the 30 minute show at the Greek in LA
He played a great setlist
encores and all
But trying to pull off two huge gigs in the Town you most recently screwed over
it was doomed from the start
I bought really good seats for my daughters and I
It was supposed to be a grand time
Disapointed
truly truly truly

Oh, he was always serious. I just listened to another ditty from the same year this afternoon:

I started at the top and I worked my way down ;)

Tbh I think his career was at a low point at that moment in time too. It took him 7 years to recover.
Yes, but people didn't realise that directly back then (before the Internet). Only, that there was no more new music. OYE ESTEBAN still made a big impression on me in 1999.

What absolute idiots are running this show behind the scenes, how can this keep happening? M can take time to post obituaries and other pointless, hobby-horse stuff but he can't explain why he's cancelling and letting down fans again and again? I hope Alain Whyte is laughing his arse off at this mess.
I'd imagine he thinks himself lucky for dodging a bullet

It’s over. Morrissey is done as a live act. I will never, ever travel to see him again.
I planned to travel from Arizona with my mother; flights and hotels were booked, tickets to a nearby theme park were bought. With complete disregard to fans, the show is called off ONE DAY before; no word from M himself, but from the venue. My respect for him as an individual is gone.
“I’ve seen this happen in other people’s lives; now it’s happening in mine”

I genuinely believe he thought these would be the hottest tickets in town. Though it’s quite unlike him to join the nostalgia bandwagon of playing a “classic album”, I think it’s always been “in his back pocket” in case things really went south career wise!
I have to say that I never really liked the idea because it felt desperate and unbecoming. However, he’s played that hand now and it’s not worked and I’m not sure there’s anything left, other than a Smiths reunion. Which, of course, will never happen.
Genuinely sorry for all those looking forward to this weekend, I’ve been there (a few times now) and it’s really dispiriting and hard not to take personally.

Yes, but people didn't realise that directly back then (before the Internet). Only, that there was no more new music. OYE ESTEBAN still made a big impression on me in 1999.
Oh yes, on me too, but they were small places to devoted fans, just like last year’s.

In 2004 and beyond he drew much bigger crowds.

This is sad. And like Amy said, how can this KEEP happening? How can Moz allow this to happen? Why is he this indifferent about his own career?

I wouldn't have expected that, even if the arenas seemed far too big from a distance and the advance booking was obviously disastrous. The concerts must have been connected to an anniversary release of Quarry later in the year and maybe the option to release both LPs from the vaults 24/25. Not having any of the original Quarry musicians on board and relying on the fragile new band didn't really inspire confidence. This has nothing to do with Trump or Melanie. He posts memorials for the dead 2-3 times a week. Things look really bad.
Trump gets blamed for everything, even Morrissey cancellations. It's ridiculous that some people would rather blame Trump and not Morrissey himself.

I am a die hard Moz fan and I usually stand up for him and don't usually criticize him at all but even I cannot find a good word to say about what he is doing to his career and how it is affecting the fans he has left.

It seems he is purposefully throwing what is left of his career into the toilet bowl. All we need is for someone to flush and that will be the end of Morrissey as a current musical entity.

Without a statement from Morrissey himself that explains his recent behavior and gives the fans who are still trying to stick by him a real and valid reason for what has been going on and why, more fans will walk away.

It's like he is sabotaging whatever was left of his career and devestating and disappointing the last of his fans without any reasonable explanation.

"Unforeseen circumstances" is an excuse, not a reason.

I’m a young fan, just 15; this is the first time he’s cancelled on me. The constant cancellations are comical. No competent artist should be allowed to operate like this. Los Angeles, you are too COLD :(

Could this be the moment to hand over the musical directory back to Alain, who brings in the guys, who played even the new songs like the old Moz gang in Ireland? Johnny Marr is no realistic option. Hell will not freeze over!

Back
Top Bottom