Boz Solo Album

mishima

Banned
Channel 4's Planet Sound page, has an article today stating that , inbetween touring, Boz is recording a solo album using the tunes rejuected for ROTT, with My Life Story's Jake Shillingworth as his co-writer.

Nice one, great move Boz. I will buy it in suport of the great man.

Good info, cheers.

Jake said something like "They didn't sound like rejects" regarding Boz's songs. I'm convinced he's right and that many, if not all, of those songs will be better than Jesse's meagre offerings. Really looking forward to the album.

dazzak said:
Jake said something like "They didn't sound like rejects" regarding Boz's songs. I'm convinced he's right and that many, if not all, of those songs will be better than Jesse's meagre offerings. Really looking forward to the album.

Who's Jake?!

And yes, I would be shocked if they are not better.

Boz must be a bit miffed, one of the best tracks from the Quarry sessions, in my opinion, was Mexico, it was clear that Boz was proud of that one yet it gets put on a B side when to me it was so much better than a lot of the main album.

mjp said:
Who's Jake?!

And yes, I would be shocked if they are not better.

Boz must be a bit miffed, one of the best tracks from the Quarry sessions, in my opinion, was Mexico, it was clear that Boz was proud of that one yet it gets put on a B side when to me it was so much better than a lot of the main album.
Shillingford, not Walters. He's the guy doing the album with Boz (and former/kind of present lead singer of the wonderfully dramatic My Life Story).

WhyteGrrrl said:
There is also a Boz album called "Dress in Deadmens' Suits" that Boz did with Steve Hooker. Great stuff!

Not to mention the great album "Inbetween The Polecats" which features Lyn Boorer and Alain Whyte on the album as well...

My Life Story were a criminally underrated band. But using Moz cast-offs? Its hardly a great career move for Jake.

Int'l Playboy said:
Not to mention the great album "Inbetween The Polecats" which features Lyn Boorer and Alain Whyte on the album as well...

14 year old Alain on drums with the Rugcutters. Wish there were more tracks by them!

Back
Top Bottom