Brits - Would we ever have a none white PM?

Jukebox Jury

Retired
With America possibly on the verge of electing a non white President, could the UK follow suit? And if so, how far away are we from doing so?

I think - due to 'selection committees' and other barriers, we would be a long way from doing so and also think it would probably be an Asian candidate rather than a black candidate who would be elected.

Discuss:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Perhaps in next century.

I used to work in an office where the director once stand for Labour Asian candidate in 80s.
He's a friend of Keith Baz MP.
I'd like to speak to Armando Iannucchi to discuss with "Thick of It" type of sitcom project.

Perhaps in next century.

I used to work in an office where the director once stand for Labour Asian candidate in 80s.
He's a friend of Keith Baz MP.
I'd like to speak to Armando Iannucchi to discuss with "Thick of It" type of sitcom project.

I think you mean Keith Vaz.
Do you ever get anything right?
Ps: Armando Iannucci is too busy being a comedy writing genius to speak to you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction, psudo unoriginal celeb inpersonating sad individual.

Glad I fed your massive ego.

I like to think so but sadly there are still a lot of rascists out there.

Thanks for the correction, psudo unoriginal celeb inpersonating sad individual.

Glad I fed your massive ego.

Get over yourself you silly girl.
Perhaps you should go out and get some air instead of spending your life on this website.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.
I don't hate you, believe me, I just find it sad that someone with your intelligence choses to spend her life glued to this forum, responding to every single thread.
IT IS NOT HEALTHY.

I think it should be soon, It might make a difference, but I vote communist anyway, I do believe there are many racists in England/Britain, and a none white PM may be a long way off, but I say again I think it should be soon

I think it should be soon, It might make a difference, but I vote communist anyway, I do believe there are many racists in England/Britain, and a none white PM may be a long way off, but I say again I think it should be soon

Yes but who?
Do we vote for a non white pm simply because they happen to be non white or do we vote for policies?
As it stands right now, I can't see who this could be.

Yes but who?
Do we vote for a non white pm simply because they happen to be non white or do we vote for policies?
As it stands right now, I can't see who this could be.

It's got to be for the policies surely. Mind you I know lots of women who voted for Thatcher just 'cos she was a woman:mad:

What's the % in the general population? Far more Asians than blacks, right? You guys never imported blacks by the boatload the way we did here. :o

I was googling about MPs, the 2% is in the total of Members of parliament that are black/asian.

I think the old 'empire' did.....history isn't my strong point:o

What's the % in the general population? Far more Asians than blacks, right? You guys never imported blacks by the boatload the way we did here. :o

No we didn't, but people from Commonwealth countries were entitled to come here to live and so in the 60's a lot came from Jamaica, Kenya and India to settle and find work here, often to a hostile reception.

I don't know what boatload is but it does sound racist.

Does it?

SlaveShipBrookes.jpg

The shame of our nation.

Here in the South, you can still find existing slave quarters on some former plantations. They're shocking.

I was googling about MPs, the 2% is in the total of Members of parliament that are black/asian.

Yes, but I wondered how that % compared to the % of those ethnicities in the general population.

Back
Top Bottom