Brown must go

MR ENA SHARPLES

Its the last Labour conference before the general election and it looks as though Labour are going to be thrashed by the Tories. Yet despite this Gordon Brown clings on, deluded in his own grandeur, holding onto the trappings of power.
As a Scot (and Fifer) I dont have any of the petty prejudices that have been displayed about GB by middle England exemplified by Jeremy Clarkson. I do think he has worked his socks off for the country, but with the threat of huge defeat on the horizon, I really wish for the sake of the party and country, he would resign. The prospect of a decade or so of Tory rule is frightening. It could spell the break up of the UK, as the Tories cut the Scottish parliament budget playing into the hands of the SNP.
The truth is that it is virtually impossible for Labour to win now, however the scale of the Tory victory could be reduced drastically I think if Labour wrong foot the Conservatives. The last thing they want is a change in leader.
I would like to see a ticket of Alan Johnson and Hilary Benn. Johnson is a charismatic chap and former postie. It would play well at the election I think. A really class battle against a Tory toff from Eton.
Any thoughts?

Its the last Labour conference before the general election and it looks as though Labour are going to be thrashed by the Tories. Yet despite this Gordon Brown clings on, deluded in his own grandeur, holding onto the trappings of power.
As a Scot (and Fifer) I dont have any of the petty prejudices that have been displayed about GB by middle England exemplified by Jeremy Clarkson. I do think he has worked his socks off for the country, but with the threat of huge defeat on the horizon, I really wish for the sake of the party and country, he would resign. The prospect of a decade or so of Tory rule is frightening. It could spell the break up of the UK, as the Tories cut the Scottish parliament budget playing into the hands of the SNP.
The truth is that it is virtually impossible for Labour to win now, however the scale of the Tory victory could be reduced drastically I think if Labour wrong foot the Conservatives. The last thing they want is a change in leader.
I would like to see a ticket of Alan Johnson and Hilary Benn. Johnson is a charismatic chap and former postie. It would play well at the election I think. A really class battle against a Tory toff from Eton.
Any thoughts?

yes, he really, really must go.
what about Harman? significant differences have finally started to reappear between Labour and Conservatives (e.g. the 50% income tax rate for high earners). sadly, though, they've only come about because of the state of the nation's finances rather than an ideological aim to redistribute wealth but this is what Labour should be doing...

prime minister- john craven
dep prime minister- rolf harris
cabinet members- sue johnson-james whale-henry cooper and helen mirren.

I'm waiting till he gives his speech tomorrow before I make my final decsision. The battle between the postie and the toff would be interesting though.

Agreed?

And can he take this guy with him?

Jon-Corzine.jpg

Dropping the avatar. Is that like dropping the kids off at the pool? :p

Well, thanks for dropping it, kinda brought back bad memories for me. :straightface::lbf:

Yes, that was a horrible story. I have one similar that takes place inside a crowded club's bathroom, and sadly I was next inline for the stall.

He is an unelected Prime Minister and must go

How did you work that one out?

Some good announcements today and though a 0.5 percent raise in NI will help I cannot see it paying for half of the promises made, let alone touch the sides of the hole in the governments coffers. It lacked an overall vision, and that is what the British electorate are looking for now - having said that, the worse Labour government has got to be better than any Tory one. And regardless of the above or some of the mistakes of the last 12 years, this is a good government.

Too little, too late I'm afraid for GB. I thought there were some very welcome announcements on e.g. political reform, ID cards and the commitment to International Aid.
I also enjoyed him listing all the things Labour had done over the last 12 years. Labour has made a difference. Remember when the Tories argued against the minimum wage? Pensioners have benefited greatly under this government too.
However this will all be forgotten. I do think Gordon brown should have stepped aside because rightly or wrongly, I believe a change would have put a spanner in the Conservative works.
Just please dont let next year be the start of 18 gruesome Tory years:(

And now The S*n switches to 'Dave'. :mad:
I feel sick just thinking about next election night. If those bastards get in will the last one to leave please turn out the lights.....:(

If those bastards get in will the last one to leave please turn out the lights.....:(

It will make virtually no difference. The two parties are, ideologically, almost inseparable. We have the most right-wing Labour party in the history of politics competing with the most left-wing Conservative party ever.
This is nothing like the politics of the 80's/early 90's when there were genuine ideological differences between the two parties.

Back
Top Bottom