Chicago, IL - Riot Fest (Sep. 17, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Irish Blood, English Heart / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said

setlist provided by redod.

Last edited:
I'm torn because on one hand we rarely get Moz in Aus, so I can't really complain when he tours here, let alone suddenly 3 times in 4 years. You take what you can get.

On the other hand, man, this setlist is stagnant. If it keeps it relatively the same this time next month then it's almost a setlist which compiles the last 2 Aus tours together. And not even the best parts of both tour's set lists.

The songs he really loves to see in the setlists now seem to go hand in hand with pretty much every interview he has - needs to be a "statement" of some kind. I think he seems to just really enjoy performing statements at gigs now - police brutality, the monarchy, animal cruelty, terrorism, politics, school etc.
you can argue that he has always released songs throughout his career in that vein, which is true, but never more than the past few years hasn't he seemed to want to cram them all together at the expense of so many other gems. It's no surprise the setlist isn't changing as he seems to fancy himself as a different kind of artist than he has through other stages of his career now.

As I say, it's a conflict because I have no doubt I'll still really enjoy the gig next month. Voice is in cracking form, there are still good songs in there. Really hope Jack the Ripper is there as that's an all time fav and haven't seen it since 2002 in a gig personally. But yeah, would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed there wasn't a bigger set shake up before the start of the last leg of the tour or before this one started.

A very well written post.

Yeah Ween and Morrissey at the same festival is a bit of a dream! Now Ween is a band Morrissey could take some setlist lessons from ~30 songs every night that are constantly changing. Remember seeing them on back to back nights in 2008, they played for over 3hrs each night and only one song featured on both setlists - value!
Yeah it's my third time seeing Ween (and Morrissey). Saw them in 97 on The Mollusk tour and was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I thought Ween were boring last night. Sorry! But the Flaming Lips were awesome. I'm leaving the fest early tomorrow to see Lush at the Vic so I'll be eager to hear how the Misfits were! I do agree about the three hour set lists that are changed every night (see also the Cure) and I kind of wish Morrissey would do that. But what are you gonna do. Not go see him? I'll take whatever I can get from him.

He could do a 30-song setlist and play over 3 hours every night but then chances are huge that most people won't see him at all because he is dead by then.

Hang on aminute ! Isn't this the performance he spat his dummy out at because he wasn't top of the bill ?:rolleyes:

So !
Gets the top spot and then plays film footage for half an hour ? :(
Performs a weak as piss setlist ?
Drops his gimmick song ?
Drops the hilarious " the lamb follows the FARMER " sketch ? :rofl::clap:

I'm sorry but this is not a headline performer/performance in my book. It's also not animal friendly just like Glastonbury ( but that's another story)

I agree with the crowd, all together now 2,3,4
Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit ! Bullshit !

All in all a very piss poor performance from a very piss poor performer ! Wouldn't even make it to boot camp on the X factor " you've got four big fat no's Steven "

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm torn because on one hand we rarely get Moz in Aus, so I can't really complain when he tours here, let alone suddenly 3 times in 4 years. You take what you can get.

On the other hand, man, this setlist is stagnant. If it keeps it relatively the same this time next month then it's almost a setlist which compiles the last 2 Aus tours together. And not even the best parts of both tour's set lists.

The songs he really loves to see in the setlists now seem to go hand in hand with pretty much every interview he has - needs to be a "statement" of some kind. I think he seems to just really enjoy performing statements at gigs now - police brutality, the monarchy, animal cruelty, terrorism, politics, school etc.
you can argue that he has always released songs throughout his career in that vein, which is true, but never more than the past few years hasn't he seemed to want to cram them all together at the expense of so many other gems. It's no surprise the setlist isn't changing as he seems to fancy himself as a different kind of artist than he has through other stages of his career now.

As I say, it's a conflict because I have no doubt I'll still really enjoy the gig next month. Voice is in cracking form, there are still good songs in there. Really hope Jack the Ripper is there as that's an all time fav and haven't seen it since 2002 in a gig personally. But yeah, would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed there wasn't a bigger set shake up before the start of the last leg of the tour or before this one started.
I'm going to take what I can from Moz while I can. I'd love some changes to the setlist too but it's of little consequence when you consider how rare it's been for him to visit here over the past 30 years.

sadly, reports are that by the time moz arrived on stage there were but a couple of hundred people there, with empty area all around them. this is not good.

sadly, reports are that by the time moz arrived on stage there were but a couple of hundred people there, with empty area all around them. this is not good.
Not accurate. Many people left but there were still several thousands of people who stayed for the entire set.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Irish Blood, English Heart / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said

setlist provided by redod.

Riverdance?

Dropping Meat is Murder and the vid shows how commercial he has become. The Morrissey Marketing Group LTD knew that MIM would not go down well in the capital of the Meat Belt and more Mid Westerner lion killers would of left during the start of MIM. He really needs to down size and sell the Malibu house and move to some place like Encino. He just can't afford his lifestyle anymore and add on tuition at USC film school for lil' Sammy and Nancy's spending habits. The sell out outs in CA and the "secret" Corporate gigs with Johnny Maher just aren't cutting it. Well, I did a get a fan video from the Chicago show...

Best set list I have seen in quite some time. I now will kick myself squarely in the buttocks if he plays something similar in Philly. Only three World Peace songs and no MIM...finally! You would think the 30 minute video filler is unnecessary at this type of concert. Imperfect List or something to build up the energy would get a more random crowd into it.

Great idea.
Imperfect List could be used at festivals.
He did it in Tilburg the day the Scouce lady who does the spoken word passed away.

I just like the accent so much and it is a perfect build up.
Maybe Moz would like to make adjustments to the text?
As he does with his songs?

Would it be unrespectful if he found another Scouce lady and asked her to do a recycled version with textual changes. Not all, but some?
Cheers evennow

Back
Top Bottom