Collecting "Interesting Drug"

Stephane

Pashernate member
This one, with the limited editions, mispressings, alternate artwork, etc, was fun to work on.

"Passions Just Like Mine" (link below)
> 'official releases'
>> 'collectors appendix'
>>> 'Morrissey'
>>>> 'Interesting Drug'

Or take the shortcut

For more info on this series, please read this.

thanks,
Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Another brilliant job!

I have a Japanese cd promo as well as a standard release so will e-mail you the differences hopefully tonight (when Scarlett has finally fallen asleep :p)

On the Japanese release, I have noticed an awful lot of the Japanese cd release without the OBI. Now obviously these could have been simply removed but the large numbers I have seen compared to all other Japanese releases is making me wonder? Any views?

Excellent job as allways! A german "Unverkäufliche Musterplatte" of Interesting Drug was sold on ebay not long ago. It was the same seller, who sold the Last of the famous .... Unverkäufliche Musterplatte you mentioned in your collectors appendix. It came with a sheet with technical and release information just like its counterpart. I thought someone on Solo bought it, maybe he/she can provide you with more information

I have a Japanese cd promo as well as a standard release so will e-mail you the differences hopefully tonight (when Scarlett has finally fallen asleep :p)

Looking forward to it!

On the Japanese release, I have noticed an awful lot of the Japanese cd release without the OBI. Now obviously these could have been simply removed but the large numbers I have seen compared to all other Japanese releases is making me wonder? Any views?

I've observed this for singles in general as opposed to albums. Perhaps singles are more of a disposable format and people just don't care for the obi once they've opened the cd.

Stephane

Around the time these Japanese singles were sold in Holland they used to store the CD’s separate from the boxes. For some reason most record shops didn’t care about the obi’s and simply threw them away. Later they realized that they really belong to the CD’s and stored the obi’s around the stapled side of the booklets.

Take care, Marcel

Back
Top Bottom