collecting Meat Is Murder

Stephane

Pashernate member
"Passions Just Like Mine" (link below)
> 'official releases'
>> 'collectors appendix'
>>> 'Meat Is Murder'

Or take the shortcut

For more info on this series, please read this.

Now your turn...

thanks,
Stephane

PS: you are welcome to revisit the older releases as I've received significant input from other collectors and updated them.

Re: Collecting "Meat Is Murder"

Oh, and if anyone has scans or flat photos of the USA longbox, I would appreciate it. This is for the image gallery.

thanks,
Stephane

UK 12" test pressings [Rough Trade RTT171]
A set of two one-sided test pressings has made it into the hands of collectors. One features the full length version of "Barbarism Begins At Home" and the other features the edit.

>>> Hi Stephane, you mean there is NO two-sided testpressing ?

Both have plain white labels, they are slipped in white custom die-cut sleeves, and are extremely limited.

>>> yep, £75 is nonsens ! Price must be £ 500 +.

Stefan R

Hi Stephane, you mean there is NO two-sided testpressing ?

There may be. I've just never heard of one. At some point I thought there was, but when I went back to the source, it turns out it was the set of two one-sided tps.

yep, £75 is nonsens ! Price must be £ 500 +.

I think we all agree that those Record Collector values are completely out of it.

Stephane

Question for everyone about my MIM cd

I have a MIM cd, thats weird......anyone know what exactly I have here?:

First, it doesnt have "HSIN" on it(which is weird).

Second, it says "Made in Japan", on the right, but "Made in UK" on bottom.

No OBI Stripe, and the only way you'd know it was "made in Japan", is that it's printed on the cd...says it's from '85, "the smiths, MIM/rough 81" on the spine....

It's a "Rough Trade" version.

But, as i said, weird, it clearly states" Made In Japan" on the right side, and "Rough Trade Rough cd 81" on the left.

So, IS it made in Japan, and why the two different markings (Japan/UK)?

Re: Question for everyone about my MIM cd:

You should check out the collector's section of Passions http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/meatismurder-c.htm

"Some initial compact disc editions were supposedly manufactured in Japan. Confirmation is needed. "​

Maybe you can provide the confirmation... photos / scans would be helpful.

Dave

You should check out the collector's section of Passions http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/meatismurder-c.htm

"Some initial compact disc editions were supposedly manufactured in Japan. Confirmation is needed. "​

Dave

If I could...I would believe me.

Here's a pic I found of the cd Im talking about(it doesnt have "Made in Japan" on it though)

http://www.discogs.com/Smiths-Meat-Is-Murder/release/576183

Re: Question for everyone about my MIM cd

How does your copy differ from the discogs.com link you gave?

When you say that it has "Made in Japan" on the right, you mean on the right of what? The cd itself or the back? Does your booklet contain all the same stuff as the one from that discogs link?

thanks,
Stephane

How does your copy differ from the discogs.com link you gave?

Not sure that it does...the same large cover, as the one on DC

When you say that it has "Made in Japan" on the right, you mean on the right of what? The cd itself or the back?

Sorry, the cd itself...on the cd, where it says "Made In England" on the right side of the disc in the photo? on, mine it says "Made In Japan".

Does your booklet contain all the same stuff as the one from that discogs link?

thanks,
Stephane

Same pics.

Last edited:

Thanks Biggoof009,

If you even have a chance to put up a photo of the cd or the back, it'd be very appreciated...

Stephane

If a moderator cared to merge this thread with the "Collecting Meat Is Murder" thread, I think it would make sense...

got it, kind sir.

Dave

If this is one of the cd's that was manufactured in Japan for UK distribution, then I guess it wouldn't have an OBI?

Back
Top Bottom