Courtney Love covers 'suffer little children'

I suspect you stopped posting here because you ran out of anything remotely interesting to post and have been reduced to using words like lame three times in the same post. Don't worry. It happens. A whole world of hobbies awaits you. :)

:guitar:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Courtney is playing these "Hole" gigs with a teleprompter.

A teleprompter.:squiffy:

How can you think this is a great artist?!!?

Um, because I was at that gig! And she STILL got the words wrong with the 'teleprompter'. And her songs STILL had every person in the room singing every word; I've seriously never been to a gig so packed out.

As for your comments about the 'abuse'- I repeat, perhaps Kurt should have stuck around to look after his own daughter and his own millions rather than leaving both in courtney's hands.

Dave, have you heard of people co-writing albums before? Strange concept I know.

ps. Chrissie Hynde- who gives a shit? She should have got Blly Corgan in, she sucks. Shame is the name (blah).

Um, because I was at that gig! And she STILL got the words wrong with the 'teleprompter'. And her songs STILL had every person in the room singing every word; I've seriously never been to a gig so packed out.

As for your comments about the 'abuse'- I repeat, perhaps Kurt should have stuck around to look after his own daughter and his own millions rather than leaving both in courtney's hands.

Dave, have you heard of people co-writing albums before? Strange concept I know.

It's not co-writing albums thats strange. It's saying that all music and lyrics are by you... oh, except almost every single track. It's just her desperation to be in the spotlight. Courtney also claimed she wrote almost all of the lyrics to Pennyroyal Tea, but since then we have found the demo's Kurt made before he met her, proving that to be a gross lie. She's just a liar, what can you do?

The "abuse" that you put in quotes is the physical abuse of Frances that has lost Courtney custody and put a restraining order in place keeping her away from her own daughter. If you want to somehow rationialize that by blaming Kurt, then you should expand on that thought. You just sound crazier and crazier.:crazy:

As for the teleprompter... ok, it's the best rock show you've been to, and the lead singer used a teleprompter. Maybe you should see more shows?
________
cannabis collective

Last edited:
Re: Courtney Love suffering

f*** Billy Corgan.Even writing Disarm doesn't cancel out going out with Jessica Simpson.

Billy Corgan isn't going out with Jessica supposedly. For the most part I like Billy Corgan, so go easy on him.
The only reason people question if Courtney writes her own stuff is because -lalalalala- she's a woman. The only reason people question the band now being called Hole when she's the only original member is because... you guessed it.

Well...I don't think anyone just questions Courtney just because she's woman. Kate Bush has been writing and producing her own records and songs for years and I don't see anyone discrediting her artistry. I just think that Courtney offends people. She is aggressive, self-assured and vulgar, all the attributes that women aren't encouraged to have. And she is admittedly opportunistic and pushy. Not only does this put her at odds with how a women is supposed to act, but the alternative scene she was around as well. In grunge its not cool for you to aggressive or want success (Cobain "shunned" media success) but Courtney reveled in it. Which why people (or Kurt worshiping drones) hate her. I don't though. I love Courtney Love.​

Last edited:
It's not co-writing albums thats strange. It's saying that all music and lyrics are by you... oh, except almost every single track. It's just her desperation to be in the spotlight. Courtney also claimed she wrote almost all of the lyrics to Pennyroyal Tea, but since then we have found the demo's Kurt made before he met her, proving that to be a gross lie. She's just a liar, what can you do?

The "abuse" that you put in quotes is the physical abuse of Frances that has lost Courtney custody and put a restraining order in place keeping her away from her own daughter. If you want to somehow rationialize that by blaming Kurt, then you should expand on that thought. You just sound crazier and crazier.:crazy:

As for the teleprompter... ok, it's the best rock show you've been to, and the lead singer used a teleprompter. Maybe you should see more shows?

I never said it was the best show I've ever been to; I've seen the Killers, Moz and Placebo recently- all put on a fine show.
I knew Frances had gone to live with Wendy and about the restraining order, but I didn't know it was for abuse; do you have a link?
My point about Kurt is totally clear; he is the absent parent, through his own doing. Courtney survives in her own strange way. She's never been a role model; but she's got guts and she's always written songs and lyrics, she was bigger than Kurt when they met. I've read enough books about her (and Kurt) when I was younger.

That's not true. No one said that anyone wrote Chrissie Hynde's songs, to pick one of many examples. There are a lot of women that write their own songs and they are respected for it. I don't think you do anything for equal rights by making such stereotypical statements.

I agree on that.

I'm not trying to champion 'women's rights' (heaven forbid). I just think Courtney has always been a scapegoat, and always will be and it's just another stick to beat her with.

She is used as a scapegoat for Kurt's own self-destruction. People can't bear with the possibility that he killed himself. In in regards to women's rights or feminism, society always use women to link to the destruction of the man. In this case no. Kurt Cobain was not the fragile, blurry-eyed pacifist everyone believes him to be. He had a lot of rage.

(heaven forbid)
Really?:tears:

I knew Frances had gone to live with Wendy and about the restraining order, but I didn't know it was for abuse; do you have a link?

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/CourtneyLoveFrancesCobain12-21-09.pdf

Relevant reference is on page ten, but basically it is Frances' lawyers requesting that Frances' medical records be sealed and that all allegations of domestic violence be sealed as well to protect the privacy of a minor during the proceedingd. You don't normally see a restraining order in a typical guardianship case, and as the document says, you don't typically see a guardianship action of this kind while the mother is alive. Compare that with Courtney's story that Frances simply "wants to live with her grandmother". Of course... this is all Kurt's fault. Right.:sick:

My point about Kurt is totally clear; he is the absent parent, through his own doing. Courtney survives in her own strange way. She's never been a role model; but she's got guts and she's always written songs and lyrics, she was bigger than Kurt when they met.
Oh please. No, she was not bigger than Kurt when they met, are you kidding? She was signed to Geffen after Kurt, many would say because of Kurt, and she didn't release LTT until he died, so that's just totally preposterous. She got a 5 album deal with Geffen that was better than Nirvana's deal, which they later had to sue her over because she didn't make the albums.

As others here have pointed out, there are great female artists that can actually play instruments, write lyrics and melodies, and give credit to others when it is due. They are not "hated" for being strong, independent female artists, and Courtney is not disliked for those reasons either. Courtney is disliked because of her own incredibly self destructive and negative actions, her pathological lying, her penchant for using violence towards others.

If only Kurt had lived, I know the (around the corner)divorce would have hurt her more than his death ever did.
________
buy extreme q

Last edited:

She is used as a scapegoat for Kurt's own self-destruction. People can't bear with the possibility that he killed himself. In in regards to women's rights or feminism, society always use women to link to the destruction of the man. In this case no. Kurt Cobain was not the fragile, blurry-eyed pacifist everyone believes him to be. He had a lot of rage.

Really?:tears:

No- not really- I am just always getting bashed for being a feminist on here; although I thought everyone was a feminist, because everyone believes in equal rights, right? (not on here they don't)

I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph.

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/CourtneyLoveFrancesCobain12-21-09.pdf

Relevant reference is on page ten, but basically it is Frances' lawyers requesting that Frances' medical records be sealed and that all allegations of domestic violence be sealed as well to protect the privacy of a minor during the proceedingd. You don't normally see a restraining order in a typical guardianship case, and as the document says, you don't typically see a guardianship action of this kind while the mother is alive. Compare that with Courtney's story that Frances simply "wants to live with her grandmother". Of course... this is all Kurt's fault. Right.:sick:

Oh please. No, she was not bigger than Kurt when they met, are you kidding? She was signed to Geffen after Kurt, many would say because of Kurt, and she didn't release LTT until he died, so that's just totally preposterous. She got a 5 album deal with Geffen that was better than Nirvana's deal, which they later had to sue her over because she didn't make the albums.

As others here have pointed out, there are great female artists that can actually play instruments, write lyrics and melodies, and give credit to others when it is due. They are not "hated" for being strong, independent female artists, and Courtney is not disliked for those reasons either. Courtney is disliked because of her own incredibly self destructive and negative actions, her pathological lying, her penchant for using violence towards others.

If only Kurt had lived, I know the (around the corner)divorce would have hurt her more than his death ever did.

I see the words 'domestic violence' on page 10 but it doesnt exactly say what. I'll have a read tomorrow- it's a bit late in the day now.
She WAS bigger than Kurt when they met. I have read numerous books, interviews, and watched hours of stuff about all this crap, that I couldn't care less about now, but seemed very important at the time.
It's hardly as if she was waiting to release live through this UNTIL he died, that was the release date, his dying was neither here nor there. She went on and toured; I saw her. Don't muddy the waters. So she didn't deliver the albums; she was in no fit state too; she was a heroin addict.
I'm not saying courtney is not self destructive and aggressive; she certainly is both those things. But she is also a huge talent, incredibly intelligent, and yes, a survivor. That is why people like her. I understand why people hate her. Can you not understand why people like her?
You can't KNOW anything about 'had Kurt lived'- it's all speculative. I know he loved her with a passion. And she would have survived the divorce, had they divorced, just like she survives everything else.
Kurt didn't divorce her though, did he? He blew his cowardly head off. So if Frances is getting beat up, then he should take some responsibility. Oh, but he can't, because he opted out, and the rest is pure speculation.
Oh and I can't think of another female singer than I give a shit about like I do about her, because of her pain, because of her self destruction, because of her flaws. I don't want Kurt the angel as my hero. I want something real.

I see the words 'domestic violence' on page 10 but it doesnt exactly say what. I'll have a read tomorrow- it's a bit late in the day now.

I wonder why those words would be in a legal brief requesting privacy in custody proceedings with a restraining order in place against the mother.

She WAS bigger than Kurt when they met. I have read numerous books, interviews, and watched hours of stuff about all this crap, that I couldn't care less about now, but seemed very important at the time.

What are your facts to support this? When they met in Jan 1990, Nirvana was already signed to Geffen and 2 months away from recording Nevermind. Courtney was 14 months from recording Pretty On The Inside, and Hole had been together maybe 4 months. There's no way that it can be construed that she was bigger than Kurt at the time they met, or at any time before or after their marriage.

Oh and I can't think of another female singer than I give a shit about like I do about her, because of her pain, because of her self destruction, because of her flaws. I don't want Kurt the angel as my hero. I want something real.

Kurt obviously had flaws, among them extremely poor judgement when it came to relationships.
________
Yamaha Radian

Last edited:
Let's just hope Peter Andre doesn't now start singing "Stretch Out And Wait" haha

I blame Russell Brand for this.
Next Katy Perry will be covering 'heaven knows I'm miserable now'.Well maybe this time next year.*cough*

Tags
hear hear love courtney
Back
Top Bottom