Morrissey Central "DAVID VANCE" (June 17, 2023)

DAVID VANCE

unnamed-2.jpg

A typically asinine and disingenuous piece of propaganda from The Guardian. Indigenous has been code for the longest surviving group in a territory. By that metric the British have been here longer than the Maoris have been in New Zealand (they arrived by boats too) and people trip over themselves to label them indigenous. Likewise the Bantu tribe invaded and wiped out Xhosas in South Africa. So it goes.
Who exactly are The British?

Picts? Celts? Romans? Anglo-Saxons?

I agree that this paragraph could be weaponised by the Open Borders zealots but it does raise an issue that is pertinent to this thread:

When do people stop being migrants?

Salman Abedi was born in Manchester.

Morrissey is 2nd Gen Anglo-Irish. So am I. Are we 'indigenous' yet? Are my children? If not, how many generations does it take to transmogrify ftom 'migrant' to 'indigenous'?

Is David Vance 'indigenous' to Ireland? I know a few AVFC-Celtic afficionados who'd insist he's as much an interloper as the bulk of Israeli citizens. They'd castigate him as 'plantation spawn' whilst waving Palestinian flags around at Roger Waters gigs.

Can you see how 'problematic' this all is? And how casually slipshod and inflammatory the lyrics to 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' might appear to many? Especially executives at global Music corporations?

I wonder if David Vance would accept the legitimacy of Morrissey's parents (and mine) moving to England as economic refugees in the 1950s-60s...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

I don't know what channel this is, but we have a discussion here about Morrissey and Bonfire of Teenagers in reference to the Nottingham Murder
starts at 43:00

Like many people going about their daily business and caring about members of their families, neighbourhood or networks, I think Morrissey's response was one of instinctive alarm that whatever the reason, such shocking brutality could be visited on some of them.

The causes and effects of migration are increasingly obscured, and responsibilities dispersed, maybe on purpose. This makes it easier to blame the victims.

"In March 2020, Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, thanked Greece for acting as the European Union’s ‘shield’. She pledged to work in solidarity with the country to ensure that as a priority ‘order is maintained‘ at Greece’s external border, also an external border of the European Union." - https://www.socialeurope.eu/europes-moral-compass-lost-at-sea

Imagine the reaction if Morrissey or Vance said this. In other words, is it possible that the President of the European Commission has a far-right leaning? And if so, have they more power to act on any such leaning than others at the disadvantage of trying to get on with their lives without the benefit of teams of lawyers and researchers at their beck and call to break it down for them? And would such a person really act on impulses to bring about global apartheid?

For me personally, Morrissey's statements about illegal immigration are not a problem. The problem is that Morrissey connects via Morrissey Central to people like Vance and Watson. Extreme populists who manipulate people in the same way as the mainstream media, but they are " on the other side of the river " . Why the hell didn't Morrissey Central post an interview with Ian Anderson, the legendary and respected musician who spoke highly of Morrissey as a singer and as a personality (yes yes between the lines). Who the hell is David Vance???

The best thing you can do is be yourself .

For me personally, Morrissey's statements about illegal immigration are not a problem. The problem is that Morrissey connects via Morrissey Central to people like Vance and Watson. Extreme populists who manipulate people in the same way as the mainstream media, but they are " on the other side of the river " . Why the hell didn't Morrissey Central post an interview with Ian Anderson, the legendary and respected musician who spoke highly of Morrissey as a singer and as a personality (yes yes between the lines). Who the hell is David Vance???

The best thing you can do is be yourself .

Wasn't he an 80s rock DJ on 1FM?

I don't know what channel this is, but we have a discussion here about Morrissey and Bonfire of Teenagers in reference to the Nottingham Murder
starts at 43:00

I'm excited by the news that LOLiCISsy has agreed to grant an exclusive interview with David Vance which will explore his historical record with regard to commenting on terrorist attacks.

From explaining to Unionist David why the collateral damage of the IRA Brighton bombings wasn't as sad as Margaret Thatcher surviving...

... to the necessity of diminishing the suffering of the Breivik Nazi attacks in Oslo to compassionately highlight the plight of fast-food chickens...

... to the fateful error of not being allowed to eulogise the Bataclan atrocity by reissuing a moribund single of his and...finally...

...to how and why, despite this car-crash comment history, Morrissey is ethically entitled to comment on the Manchester Arena bombing because... he once lived down the road...and it disrupted his birthday jollififications...

All of which will contextualise his apparent endorsement of David Vance's 'hot take' on the Nottingham slaughter...ahem!

I also understand from...'sources'...that a coda is tonight being recorded explaining how the attack on Central Middlesex Hospital should be interpreted: currently delayed as it depends upon whether or not commenting on it will force Capitol Records to release 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

#LeaveMorrisseyAlone!

cc Karen Malarkey c/o @OfficialMoz

Last edited:
I'm bored of this 'discussion' of Morrissey and David Vance so I'll soon be vanishing again as I have a rich life to curate. As a parting gift, here's a quick research project for you all.

Go away and locate the song Morrissey wrote condemning the 1996 IRA bombing of Manchester. Then research whether or not David Vance castigated Irish culture and demanded the closing of the Common Travel Area between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom in response to this attack.

Then write an online Open Letter to Morrissey asking him why he felt motivated to memorialise one recent terrorist attack on Manchester in song but ignored an earlier one of far larger explosive power.

Then ask David Vance to comment on the IRA bombing of Manchester in 1996, comparing and contrasting the ideological motivations of the IRA with those of Islamist jihadists.

Ask him to ponder why Morrissey references his Irish heritage in song yet ignores the topic of historic terrorism emergencies from within his own cultural heritage whilst feeling justified, indeed compelled, to provocatively comment on a terrorist atrocity arising from within another Mancunian cultural diaspora.

When you've finished these tasks you may report back to me with your findings. Until then: zip it...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'The 1996 Manchester bombing was an attack carried out by the Provisional Irish Republican Army on Saturday, 15 June 1996. The IRA detonated a 1,500-kilogram lorry bomb on Corporation Street in the centre of Manchester, England. It was the biggest bomb detonated in Great Britain since the Second World War.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

While I understand the concern about base emotions, is it a base emotion to want justice to be carried out effectively and for acts of terrorism to be prevented?

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I think this is a parallel case. It's the report of the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse in Rotherham. It makes for very hard reading:

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downlo...y-into-child-sexual-exploitation-in-rotherham

This is from page 2:

What I'm suggesting is that some of the same factors, or all of them, hinder the effective prevention of and prosecution of acts of terrorism.
I listen to George Galloway’s MOATs podcast. Some time ago, and in relation to the Manchester Arena bomb, he stated that it was an open secret in Whitehall that MI5 had nurtured a contained Islamic community in Manchester and actively discouraged ‘integration’ and ‘assimilation’ and turned a blind-eye to radicalisation. When he was an MP, Galloway raised this policy as an issue of concern.

According to Galloway MI5’s supposition was (and it would seem to hold true) that members of this actively radicalised community could be readily primed to aggressively ‘intervene’ overseas and particularly in Libya—whenever the state saw it fit. Salman Abedi and his brother were raised in this Manchester community.

The implications seem significant. And they suggest our own government bears some responsibility for the Arena bomb. This isn’t simply a conspiracy theory. This is from a Financial Times article, published after the bomb:

“Britain’s intelligence agencies knew the community well, too, and had longstanding dealings with its Islamist contingent. But the attack raises serious questions over their assessment of it. MI5, the UK’s domestic intelligence agency, facilitated the travel of many Islamist Mancunians back to Libya.”

While the FT didn’t go as far as Galloway (who implied MI5 are active in creating conditions intended to grow terrorists), its journalism accepts that there are significant questions being suppressed—regarding the historical background to that Arena bombing. Moreover, it seems it is the highest ‘white’ echelons of British society—rather than Islamic communities—that should be answering them.

I'm bored of this 'discussion' of Morrissey and David Vance so I'll soon be vanishing again as I have a rich life to curate. As a parting gift, here's a quick research project for you all.

Go away and locate the song Morrissey wrote condemning the 1996 IRA bombing of Manchester. Then research whether or not David Vance castigated Irish culture and demanded the closing of the Common Travel Area between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom in response to this attack.

Then write an online Open Letter to Morrissey asking him why he felt motivated to memorialise one recent terrorist attack on Manchester in song but ignored an earlier one of far larger explosive power.

Then ask David Vance to comment on the IRA bombing of Manchester in 1996, comparing and contrasting the ideological motivations of the IRA with those of Islamist jihadists.

Ask him to ponder why Morrissey references his Irish heritage in song yet ignores the topic of historic terrorism emergencies from within his own cultural heritage whilst feeling justified, indeed compelled, to provocatively comment on a terrorist atrocity arising from within another Mancunian cultural diaspora.

When you've finished these tasks you may report back to me with your findings. Until then: zip it...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'The 1996 Manchester bombing was an attack carried out by the Provisional Irish Republican Army on Saturday, 15 June 1996. The IRA detonated a 1,500-kilogram lorry bomb on Corporation Street in the centre of Manchester, England. It was the biggest bomb detonated in Great Britain since the Second World War.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing
The difference is that attacks like these targeted infrastructure (from what I can see this attack didn’t have any casualties?) whereas what happened at the arena was an attack solely designed to kill children. I think we can agree that there is a gulf between groups like the IRA and Islamists. (Although neither I support or condone in any way)

The difference is that attacks like these targeted infrastructure (from what I can see this attack didn’t have any casualties?) whereas what happened at the arena was an attack solely designed to kill children. I think we can agree that there is a gulf between groups like the IRA and Islamists. (Although neither I support or condone in any way)

The IRA have targeted and killed civilians. One of those was the Warrington bombings, which was actually two attacks, and resulted in the deaths of 2 children. It also injured 54 other people.

During the Troubles, around 250 children were killed (by both republican and loyalist sides), 90 of which are attributed to the republicans.

The IRA have targeted and killed civilians. One of those was the Warrington bombings, which was actually two attacks, and resulted in the deaths of 2 children. It also injured 54 other people.

During the Troubles, around 250 children were killed (by both republican and loyalist sides), 90 of which are attributed to the republicans.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the history lesson 😆

The difference is that attacks like these targeted infrastructure (from what I can see this attack didn’t have any casualties?) whereas what happened at the arena was an attack solely designed to kill children. I think we can agree that there is a gulf between groups like the IRA and Islamists.(Although neither I support or condone in any way)
The 1996 Manchester bomb was targeted at a city centre with absolutely no certainty that all present could be evacuated in time to prevent mass slaughter. Members of Morrissey's family could have been shopping at the time.

There was supposed to be a warning from the IRA before the Omagh bombing but 'something went wrong'...

'Telephoned warnings which did not specify the actual location had been sent almost forty minutes beforehand but police inadvertently moved people toward the bomb.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombinghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

Only the credulous would minimise the gravity of this attack by reference to the fact IRA terrorists in Manchester managed to communicate a warning and the emergency services managed to evacuate tens of thousands of Mancunians.

You wrote:

'what happened at the arena was an attack solely designed to kill children. I think we can agree that there is a gulf between groups like the IRA and Islamists.'

Given Omagh and the slaughter of teenagers in the Birmingham Pub Bombings of 1974 I do not accept any meaningful moral difference between the terrorists of the IRA (and UDF) and Islamists. But perhaps Morrissey would agree with you on this given his shameless publicity seeking comment on the Brighton Bombing of 1984:

'The sorrow of the IRA Brighton bombing is that Thatcher escaped unscathed.'

It intrigues me how David Vance, as a Unionist, is content to expediently ignore this grotesque trolling of a UK terror attack by Morrissey. I'd also be interested in hearing David Vance's views on Morrissey's equally tendentious 'terror trolling' of the Oslo terrorist attack by Breivik.

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/jul/28/morrissey-norway-attacks-mcdonalds-kfc

Therefore it is both illogical and immoral to afford any credibility whatsoever to Morrissey's supposed 'anger' with regard to the Manchester Arena bombing unless we accept the startling proposition that the slaughter of children in Oslo is 'nothing' compared to the deaths of chickens bred for fast-food restaurants and requires no response beyond a flippant remark onstage; yet the slaughter of children in Manchester requires commemoration in mawkish lyrics, maudlin song and a 'terror trolling' album title.

One could perhaps speculate that the decisions of Miley Cyrus and Capitol Records to quarantine this moral monstrosity may have been in response to private and public protests from other artists, appalled at the nerve of Morrissey to even attempt this transparently insincere eulogy.

Or, who knows, maybe a member of Morrissey's audience with access to Miley Cyrus lit the blue touchpaper by alerting her to the facts of Morrissey's 'terror trolling' and thus forced Capitol Records to make a strategic decision to protect both her and their reputation brand going forward...🤔

It took a long time for the 'clueless consumers' to reject Morrissey due to their 'sunk investment' in his supposed 'genius' but he finally pushed it too far.

'Bonfire Of Teenagers', when finally released or leaked, will act as a fitting epitaph: not for the slain children and adults of the Manchester Arena bombing but for the career prospects, and most importantly, will result in the posthumous reputational evisceration of this deeply silly C-list crank-fraud 'pop singer'.

He will remain angry till the day he dies. Not about the Manchester Arena bombing but engulfed by anger at the fact that his previously supine audience finally found him insufferable and simply stopped listening or caring about his nonsense.. 🙄

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

Last edited:
I'm excited by the news that LOLiCISsy has agreed to grant an exclusive interview with David Vance which will explore his historical record with regard to commenting on terrorist attacks.

From explaining to Unionist David why the collateral damage of the IRA Brighton bombings wasn't as sad as Margaret Thatcher surviving...

... to the necessity of diminishing the suffering of the Breivik Nazi attacks in Oslo to compassionately highlight the plight of fast-food chickens...

... to the fateful error of not being allowed to eulogise the Bataclan atrocity by reissuing a moribund single of his and...finally...

...to how and why, despite this car-crash comment history, Morrissey is ethically entitled to comment on the Manchester Arena bombing because... he once lived down the road...and it disrupted his birthday jollififications...

All of which will contextualise his apparent endorsement of David Vance's 'hot take' on the Nottingham slaughter...ahem!

I also understand from...'sources'...that a coda is tonight being recorded explaining how the attack on Central Middlesex Hospital should be interpreted: currently delayed as it depends upon whether or not commenting on it will force Capitol Records to release 'Bonfire Of Teenagers'...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

#LeaveMorrisseyAlone!

cc Karen Malarkey c/o @OfficialMoz

Yes there is some irony to be had in pondering how David Vance is probably receiving similar feedback from his fanbase: why are you posting anything complimentary about that Fenian-loving, IRA supporting, anti-royalist, vegetarian poof? Oh, how I miss the streets of Belfast...

his previously supine audience finally found him insufferable and simply stopped listening or caring about his nonsense.. 🙄
Fewer hardcore fans these days on the main fan website doesn't necessarily reflect fewer fans in real life. It could just mean people get tired of loafing oafs spouting incontinent poison. Certainly, you have the capacity to be charming and informative, but sooner or later the belligerent glibness unfailingly resurfaces, mowing down all around because of some old grievance held, but also, it's plain, for the pleasure you take at making others feel uncomfortable and depriving them of harmless pleasure. You will not change and you will not be nice.

Too funny then, to be pushing ethics on anyone when, if one came up and shook your hand, you'd give it a kick in the arse, shove it in the gutter and walk away howling with demonic laughter. Don't hurt Morrissey, and don't hurt Malarkey.
or else.

TidyBiodegradableGoitered-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom