Dexys - Glasgow, Cottiers Theatre

Esme Lennox

A friend of mine attended the Dexys gig in Glasgow last night. To say he was impressed is a massive understatement. I'll be there for the London show and after his review I am beyond excited. I've never been able to separate Morrissey and Rowland. But as the years have gone on Rowland and his music have, increasingly, come to mean more and more to me. All three of Dexys albums are masterpieces...without flaw. Kevins "The Wanderer" was flawed but beautiful and "My Beauty" was one of the best albums of the nineties. The new album promises to be the best of the year. What has struck me about the current Dexys shows is the willingness of Rowland to go back to basics...small venues, less than 300 people in Glasgow, intimacy, all 11 songs from the new album being played and a genuine show being delivered. A certain someone we all know could learn much from Kevin...and the tickets only cost half of what Morrissey is charging!!

Rowlands voice is terrible.I can hardly understand what he's singing about

I agree! His voice is absolutely f***ed! His voice was great in the 80s, but now it's completely wrecked and he's lost the magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom