Disasterpieces

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
I feel the list is too long and therefore harsh on Moz as we're supposed to be fans having a debate on songs that are perhaps not career highs but the term disasterpiece is a ridiculous tag for several of these tracks. Fair enough fans will have their favs but a lot of the criticism is downright nasty and not subjective, not impressed at all.
Agreed, at the moment this initial list is a collation of majority of comments. Let people stew & mull then we can trim this down.

In reviewing comments from the learned (thanks), on balance, I now think we have an initial list, in no particular order:

1. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  2. People Are The Same Everywhere
  3. All The Young People Must Fall in Love
  4. Journalists Who Lie*
  5. Get Off The Stage*
  6. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  7. At Last I Am Born
  8. Found Found Found
  9. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
  10. The Kid's A Looker*
  11. Scandinavia
  12. Oh phoney
  13. Who will protect us from the police?
  14. I Bury The Living
  15. Children in Pieces*
* I quite like these 4, so personally wouldn't cast them into the 'disasterpiece' pile.
Just goes to show how subjective the whole topic is. I strongly disagree with at least 5 choices on this list.

Just goes to show how subjective the whole topic is. I strongly disagree with at least 5 choices on this list.
For what it's worth, my nominations, without being harsh, & remaining respectful to Moz, my personal list would maybe look like this:

4. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  5. At Last I Am Born
  6. I Bury The Living
but sometimes if you listen in context to the whole album, they are better than if heard in isolation.

Edit: I've removed One day from this. What was I thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we'll get a mini LP or E.P. of Morrissey Lost Songs one day, these tracks added to two or three others (Kit for example) would make a fantastic addition to his discography...we live in hope Gregor ?
That would be beautiful.

Yeah I don’t think anything’s really been a disaster though this song doesn’t end comes close. For the most part the worst morrissey songs are just the bland ones and being bland isn’t a disaster it’s just boring

For what it's worth, my nominations, without being harsh, & remaining respectful to Moz, my personal list would maybe look like this:

4. Neal Cassady Drops Dead
  5. At Last I Am Born
  6. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
  7. I Bury The Living
but sometimes if you listen in context to the whole album, they are better than if heard in isolation.
I'm going to think about it and maybe revisit some songs I rarely listen to. From this list I'd only consider including the first 3.

At Last I Am Born is amazing live and I love both One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell and I Bury The Living (the latter is one of my favourites on LIHS).

Neal Cassady Drops Dead is a bit stupid but it's grown on me.

I'm going to think about it and maybe revisit some songs I rarely listen to. From this list I'd only consider including the first 3.

At Last I Am Born is amazing live and I love both One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell and I Bury The Living (the latter is one of my favourites on LIHS).

Neal Cassidy Drops Dead is a bit stupid but it's grown on me.
I'm listening to One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell; I'm removing it from my list, it's too good.

Me too. Several of these shouldn't be anywhere near a list like this one. The most disturbing choices being One Day Goodbye and Found x3. How anyone would prefer absolute dreck like WPINOYB and The Girl from Tel Aviv to One Day Goodbye, I will never grasp.

I'm listening to One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell; I'm removing it from my list, it's too good.
It would have made a great closing track. It's so dramatic. I love the drums in the intro and the way the whole song builds tension and momentum and then just ends abruptly.

Great vocal delivery, too.

Me too. Several of these shouldn't be anywhere near a list like this one. The most disturbing choices being One Day Goodbye and Found x3. How anyone would prefer absolute dreck like WPINOYB and The Girl from Tel Aviv to One Day Goodbye, I will never grasp.
Found Found Found is a quirky little oddity with a great bass line. I love it.

I'm starting to feel the love for People Are The Same...
That's never going to happen for me because I refuse to listen to it on purpose. It's bad enough that it's been played live so many times. I have to endure it occasionally when listening to bootlegs or watching concerts and I hate it every time. :sweatsmile:

That's never going to happen for me because I refuse to listen to it on purpose. It's bad enough that it's been played live so many times. I have to endure it occasionally when listening to bootlegs or watching concerts and I hate it every time. :sweatsmile:
I guess this is why threads like these are useful to some extent, as you get a preliminary list, you review, filter, then come to a closer conclusion.

I guess this is why threads like these are useful to some extent, as you get a preliminary list, you review, filter, then come to a closer conclusion.
Yes, that's true.
This Song Doesn't End... is not as bad as I remembered.

I still have to go back to those dreaded Maladjusted era tracks that I initially mentioned though.

I for one have nothing against the 2011 three. Far from the Moz most of us fell in love with, but still miles ahead of several tracks off of WPINOYB and LIHS, I think. Two of them are fun, easy going rock n roll songs albeit with not so witty lyrics, and the other is quite a nice ballad with a gorgeous vocal melody, albeit with weird, rapey lyrics.
Nor do I dislike The Song Doesn't End.

I for one have nothing against the 2011 three. Far from the Moz most of us fell in love with, but still miles ahead of several tracks off of WPINOYB and LIHS, I think. Two of them are fun, easy going rock n roll songs albeit with not so witty lyrics, and the other is quite a nice ballad with a gorgeous vocal melody, albeit with weird, rapey lyrics.
Nor do I dislike The Song Doesn't End.
"Rapey"? Now that's a bit harsh. I never thought the "tongue against tongue" action was non-consensual.

'The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye' for me. Moz's voice sounds nice, but it's lyrically slight, and the music is SO boring. That constant plodding, that goes on, and on. Easily the worst song on Kill Uncle.

"Rapey"? Now that's a bit harsh. I never thought the "tongue against tongue" action was non-consensual.
Yeah, I was being flippant. Sorry about that. But the person in the song is very possessive. And isn’t really interested in what the other person wants. It’s obviously tongue in cheek, and Moz is a good guy, so it’s nothing to dwell on.

I quite like Mute Witness and Sing your life, never liked Our Frank.
actually forgot about sing your life,its not that i hate the album its just not a favourite.

Back
Top Bottom