Do you believe in life after death?

lovemorrissey

Now My Heart is Full
I know this is a strange subject to start up on here, but a friend of mine died kind of recenty and someone suggested I read Gordon Smith's books. He is a medium and apparently has been in contact with many people in the afterlife. Ive always thought that once you're dead thats it basically but after reading this book im kind of wondering if there is more to it.

Also sorry to hear about your loss. Grief is a process and things can be confusing while you are going through it. One of the benefits is that it does open up our perspective.

I do believe in life after death. I don't really appreciate mediums that contact the dead as I feel that many of them are manipulating people when they are vulnerable. I don't see the harm in reading about it though.

Our friends and relatives live on in our memories and in the way that they affected us. We are all connected to the past and can affect the future and those around us, and this doesn't end when we die because of the impact we made when we lived.

As far as what happens and where the spirit goes, I don't believe that it hangs around and is connected to the identity it had when living but who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in life after death.

I agree with Dave that it seems mediums are exploiting vulnerable people though, and I would never trust that they had 'communicated' with my dead relative etc etc.

I know this is a strange subject to start up on here, but a friend of mine died kind of recenty and someone suggested I read Gordon Smith's books. He is a medium and apparently has been in contact with many people in the afterlife. Ive always thought that once you're dead thats it basically but after reading this book im kind of wondering if there is more to it.
I'm sorry :( my best friend died late last year, so I know exactly what you're going through.
Yes, I totally believe in life after death. Since my lovely Lexie died, I've felt her in my flat several times. Once, when I was really upset, I was in bed and I felt someone sit down on the end of the bed. I just know it was her :) We're both believers in mediums (well, not all, but some) and I often think of going to see one, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet.

I'm sorry :( my best friend died late last year, so I know exactly what you're going through.
Yes, I totally believe in life after death. Since my lovely Lexie died, I've felt her in my flat several times. Once, when I was really upset, I was in bed and I felt someone sit down on the end of the bed. I just know it was her :) We're both believers in mediums (well, not all, but some) and I often think of going to see one, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet.

If you feel her presence, you don't need a medium.

I do believe in there is an afterlife.

I don't really know for sure, but I'll make a post on here when I make it to the other side (that is if my account is still active).

No, I don't.

Sylvia Browne, Gordon whatshisface... whatever. They are all fakes. Sylvia has been set up before on news shows with fake evidence and she still charged the people fee after fee to follow bogus leads, which she swore were true, and she was in direct contact with the loved ones that didn't even exist!

It's all pure bullshit, until reliable scientific sources prove otherwise.

No, I don't.

Sylvia Browne, Gordon whatshisface... whatever. They are all fakes. Sylvia has been set up before on news shows with fake evidence and she still charged the people fee after fee to follow bogus leads, which she swore were true, and she was in direct contact with the loved ones that didn't even exist!

It's all pure bullshit, until reliable scientific sources prove otherwise.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRc4LkBRjIc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRc4LkBRjIc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

NO, HE WAS IN WATER!

LOL.

She is such a f***ing phony. They did a piece on her for 20/20, or Dateline NBC, I can't recall which, and for the segment, they had their actors go to her and pay money to get readings on relatives and she lead them on for months about them being here, then there, and in the afterlife, blah, blah. And then at the end, the totally exposed her and showed ther the tapes of her telling these members of the crew their 'dead loved ones' were here or there and for X thousand more she could pinpoint it, and she slammed the door in their face and ran away.

She's a f***ing fraud, and if you have an ounce of logic or common sense in your head, you realize this.

Tags
sylivia brown lulz yes i do
Back
Top Bottom