Do you really love Morrissey?

That's highly offensive, but i'll overlook it. just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean you know more or understand more. You old bat.:)
There there, I'm particularly sorry now.....
Far be it for me to understand any less or more
than someone of my age would normally
understand......
Look really I was just talking relatively speaking that one's experience
of love and/or romantic type situations is different at different
ages, and appreciations, and fluctuations, and how little or large in seriousness
you take things....
All I wanted to say, and not at all unkindly, is that when you are younger
perhaps you don't take things quite as seriously because you really do have
your whole life ahead of you.....
please don't be offended. I'm off to the belfry where all good bats belong!:guitar:

All I wanted to say, and not at all unkindly, is that when you are younger
perhaps you don't take things quite as seriously because you really do have
your whole life ahead of you.....
please don't be offended. I'm off to the belfry where all good bats belong!:guitar:

That's funny, when I was younger I took many things (well, mostly myself) more seriously. It's only now, in the midst of life, that I don't feel absurd driving eight hours to stand in line, jump around like an idiot and fight over a man's shirt. I would never have done this 10 years ago.

I love Morrissey for making a fool out of me. :D

Ever since I saw him live I'd have to say that I fell in love with the man. Not only does he know how to carry himself on stage, but he also looks hella smoking for being 47!!!! I'd marry that man if I could. Srsly

he was my first crush when i was fourteen/fifteen my room was covered in his pictures and i would scribble his name in my school it was strange,i felt like a boyzone fan.

Last edited:
my parents found it worrying that was obsessed with a forty odd year old.i think it was because i admired him greatly and he is unatainable. yes thats my rambling on morrissey love done.

he is my everything.
well,no,but he is very important,he has got me through many a thing in my life,he is there through thick and thin,something i really cant say about anything or anyone else.

i have hugged him many a time,shaked his hand numerous times and i can say that everytime i am as giddy as i could ever be.

some of the posts by people in this thread saying they actually love Morrissey (like, genuinely believe they love him) really do concern me. i'm not trying to insult people, but... seriously. it's not normal. you can't possibly love him. admire and respect him, love the music, yes. but to actually love a man you have never met (and most likely never will) is terribly sad. i'm not even going to mock them, because i genuinely do feel sadness for them.

"Try living in the real world,
Instead of a shell..."

Oh you are so serious. If you feel sad you've perhaps not realised that there
are all different types of love besides being in love with and being with
someone in real time. There is nothing wrong with admiration and being positively influenced by someone. Maybe you are just too young to understand......

That's right. I love Morrissey. Truly. Is it the same love I feel for my husband or daughter? No. It's for entirely different reasons. There are WAY more kinds of love than just romantic love and the love of friends and family. Morrissey has done so much for me that I'd be an asshole if I didn't love him. No, he didn't mean to help me, but he did. Art is important. Morrissey's art reaches out to people. Out of his brain and heart comes this very important thing. I love him for it.

I feel sorry for YOU for not understanding that. Branch out a little.

Love is simply a word people overuse to explain the feeling created by a chemical reaction in the brain. I do not 'love', morrissey or anyone else. I enjoy his messages, his writings and his songs. That is all.

Love is simply a word people overuse to explain the feeling created by a chemical reaction in the brain. I do not 'love', morrissey or anyone else. I enjoy his messages, his writings and his songs. That is all.

Awww, someone needs a huggie hug!

You're like a Vulcan! Vulcans require hugs to dispel the RELENTLESS EMOTIONLESS LOGIC!

It's more common sense. People are far too easily controlled by emotions. I simply have no such disabilities. I recognize that 'love', is not a concrete term, and one that is drastically overused to describe anything from a preference in ice cream flavour to a sports team. It has no real concrete meaning and so I refuse to use it to describe my feelings towards another person. I simply enjoy Morrissey's writings and songs a great deal, and that is that.

It's more common sense. People are far too easily controlled by emotions. I simply have no such disabilities. I recognize that 'love', is not a concrete term, and one that is drastically overused to describe anything from a preference in ice cream flavour to a sports team. It has no real concrete meaning and so I refuse to use it to describe my feelings towards another person. I simply enjoy Morrissey's writings and songs a great deal, and that is that.

Lame semantics.

Lame semantics.

I don't think so at all. The word is highly overused, meaning anything from a feeling of support for a local (or international) sports team, to preference for mustard, ice cream, car manufacturer, or even preference for items in one's house. I fail to see the meaning of the word due to how society (over)uses it. When one says "I love you", it is supposed to be "special", yet the word is used to describe a car, a coffee brand, a watch, a cat, a dog, a carpet, or a a feeling you get from skiing, driving, walking ("I love my daily walks!"), etc.

I cannot determine the meaning of the word when it's basically used to describe everything under the sun. Therefore, I do not 'love', Morrissey, I simply enjoy his artwork. I don't see how that is 'lame', it makes perfect sense to me.

I don't think so at all. The word is highly overused, meaning anything from a feeling of support for a local (or international) sports team, to preference for mustard, ice cream, car manufacturer, or even preference for items in one's house. I fail to see the meaning of the word due to how society (over)uses it. When one says "I love you", it is supposed to be "special", yet the word is used to describe a car, a coffee brand, a watch, a cat, a dog, a carpet, or a a feeling you get from skiing, driving, walking ("I love my daily walks!"), etc.

I cannot determine the meaning of the word when it's basically used to describe everything under the sun. Therefore, I do not 'love', Morrissey, I simply enjoy his artwork. I don't see how that is 'lame', it makes perfect sense to me.

D:

There are lots of words that have several different meanings. Why would you choose to define your own feelings of love by the meanings that others give it? Real love is a very sacred thing. You don't have that feeling inside of you? Did you ever?

When I say that I love lima beans it's a very different thing from when I say I love Morrissey or my mom or even my cat. You don't feel that difference?

That makes me feel sad inside.

D:
There are lots of words that have several different meanings. Why would you choose to define your own feelings of love by the meanings that others give it?

That is exactly my point. There are hundreds, if not thousands of meanings for the word. It is used to describe anything from tooth paste brand to a feeling you may get while jogging. How can I define it when it has thousands of usages, each different? That is far too broad for me.

Real love is a very sacred thing. You don't have that feeling inside of you? Did you ever?

And what exactly is 'real love'? Do you really 'love' that brand of ice cream yo always eat? Do you really 'love' your bed? Do you really 'love' that park bench that gives you a great view? Again, the word is used for everything and anything, so how exactly are we to tell which of these situations are 'true?'

And no, I do not to the best of my knowledge have 'that feeling inside me'. The word is simply a formality used for thousands of different descriptions in our society and a formality (and a over-used one at that) is all it is to me.

When I say that I love lima beans it's a very different thing from when I say I love Morrissey or my mom or even my cat. You don't feel that difference?

No, I don't see a difference, and again, that is exactly my point. You love lima beans, your mom and Morrissey. How can we possibly compare these three things? We cannot. Which only makes the usage of the word all the more confusing.

That makes me feel sad inside.

Looking at a situation objectively instead of with only blind emotion saddens you? I'm sorry to hear that.

Tags
emo love sycophancy your own personal jesus
Back
Top Bottom