Doodles of Morrissey by me + self introduction

Ashley_TakeABow

IMG_20240109_100923.jpg

Hi! I'm Ashley! I just wanted to post my cute drawing of Morrissey I did two days ago while I was bored at work. Lately I've been obsessed with drawing him.

A small self introduction, my name is Ashley, I am in my 30s living in the Midwest of the USA. I am a new-ish Morrissey & The Smiths fan. I've only discovered him & them around August 2023 when I heard "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" on someone's Instagram story. I fell in love with his voice and the subject matter of the song immediately because I felt the same way that the lyrics portrayed at that point in my life. It was my anthem for a little while. (Still have a job, still miserable, just a little less.) Then I dived head first into the music. I'm still working on Morrissey's discography, right now I'm on Kill Uncle. (King Leer is my favorite Morrissey song at the moment.) The Smiths I am very familiar with at this point. I was in the top 0.05% listeners for The Smiths this year on Spotify, (and have only been listening to them since August lol!)

Anyway.. other than that, I've been so very interested in Morrissey. I bought, read, and finished his Autobiography in the span of a couple weeks, which I enjoyed a lot. I'm working on List of the Lost, nearly finished with it. His way of writing is so very interesting and different than what I'm used to. (I like it.) I watch a ton of his live videos on YouTube and as many interviews as I can find.

What a fascinating creature, he is. ❤️

It's nice having a place I can finally talk to other humans about my current fascination, because I know nobody else in person who knows about him. Then again, I don't have a lot of people I talk to or friends in general, which I like to keep that way.

If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please let me know! :)

Thanks for reading!

View attachment 100382
Hi! I'm Ashley! I just wanted to post my cute drawing of Morrissey I did two days ago while I was bored at work. Lately I've been obsessed with drawing him.

A small self introduction, my name is Ashley, I am in my 30s living in the Midwest of the USA. I am a new-ish Morrissey & The Smiths fan. I've only discovered him & them around August 2023 when I heard "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" on someone's Instagram story. I fell in love with his voice and the subject matter of the song immediately because I felt the same way that the lyrics portrayed at that point in my life. It was my anthem for a little while. (Still have a job, still miserable, just a little less.) Then I dived head first into the music. I'm still working on Morrissey's discography, right now I'm on Kill Uncle. (King Leer is my favorite Morrissey song at the moment.) The Smiths I am very familiar with at this point. I was in the top 0.05% listeners for The Smiths this year on Spotify, (and have only been listening to them since August lol!)

Anyway.. other than that, I've been so very interested in Morrissey. I bought, read, and finished his Autobiography in the span of a couple weeks, which I enjoyed a lot. I'm working on List of the Lost, nearly finished with it. His way of writing is so very interesting and different than what I'm used to. (I like it.) I watch a ton of his live videos on YouTube and as many interviews as I can find.

It's nice having a place I can finally talk to other humans about my current fascination, because I know nobody else in person who knows about him. Then again, I don't have a lot of people I talk to or friends in general, which I like to keep that way.

Thanks for reading!
Nice to have a fan who isn't jaded yet. Welcome.

Nice to have a fan who isn't jaded yet. Welcome.
Thank you! :) I know of things he's done and has *apparently* said, but my love for his music and general self is too strong now for me to feel angry with him. ❤️ I'm sad I haven't known about him sooner because I want to see him live so bad, with all these cancellations and stuff.. it's risky business. And he's.. getting older.. 💔

Thank you! :) I know of things he's done and has *apparently* said, but my love for his music and general self is too strong now for me to feel angry with him. ❤️ I'm sad I haven't known about him sooner because I want to see him live so bad, with all these cancellations and stuff.. it's risky business. And he's.. getting older.. 💔
I've seen him five times, but I never travelled too far......because, yeah...cancellations are a factor.

Thanks for reading!

You are every guy on here’s dream.

Back
Top Bottom