DVD making

patten

I really don't know very much about computers.
Whenever I download something from here, ( like the Pinkpop concert ) I just store it in my documents and watch it now and then.
I have Windows media player, Realplayer and Nero-Burning Rom.
Do these help me to make my own dvd's?
This must have been asked a lot but can anybody help me in a not too complicated way please.

i used ulead video studio, which is excellent. you can download a free trial from the website.

use it to create a dvd (you can put in chapters etc) then burn using a dvd recorder. it is dead easy to use even for total newbies.

(nero hated burning dvds for me)

i know this is a bit vague, but seriously, ulead is so easy! try it! :)

If it is a downloaded file - mostly it is in mpeg format.

Just burn a vcd or svcd on an cd-r very cheap / or make a divx/avi cd.

Most dvd's today take svcd/vcd's or even play :

mp's, mpeg's, avi ... Just when You lay them on cd

Yeah, Nero hates burnings dvds :). Is there a totally free program to convert easily video files (avi, wmv and so on) and burn a dvd?Ulead is only a free-trial...

This is what I use:

If you already have DVD video files on your computer (VIDEO_TS folder with IFO and VOB files)

Then I just use Nero Express 6 with the DVD Video Files option, then it's just a matter of dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into the window and hitting burn.

I've also used DVD SHRINK for this purpose. You can copy existing burned DVDs and also DVD files on your computer onto a disc. You must have Nero installed, but it uses it's own interface.

If I want to convert certain video files like AVI, or MPG and create my own DVD

Then I use NeroVision Express. I simply choose the video files, create chapters and a menu if I want, and select burn.
It will encode the DVD then put it on a disc.

Back
Top Bottom