Frankfurt - Neu-Isenburg Hugenottenhalle (Sep. 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / Reader Meet Author / Oboe Concerto / One Of Our Own / People Are The Same Everywhere / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / Boxers / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Christoph / Konzerttagebuch, link posted by -Christoph-.

Last edited:
So he DID play "Reader Meet Author"? Cool. It was mentioned in an early comment but then not reflected in a later-posted setlist.

Yes, he did. The setlist published at setlist.fm seems to be from another show...

- - - Updated - - -

moz is playing small shopping centers? the venue does look tiny in the posted photographs.
the world peace songs bring out the reserved audiences.

i suspect he will only play non english speaking countries from now on, where portions of the new book cant be hollered at him or the usa where its not been published.

The venue can host 1800 people but it wasn't sold out at all.

What?
To say morrissey says nasty things so it must be okay to say nasty things is insane not smart. Don't use your perception of someone else's behaviour govern your behaviour. Being nasty is nasty you don't need to do it. Follow your own code.

If you read CG post, you'll see that it wasn't justifying angry posts, I believe the point was that Moz wouldn't care about people being negative about him because that is the way he lives his life.

But I'm not speaking for CG, just the way I see the post.

View attachment 34634
I don't get it? It was a great gig with "Reader meet author" as a direct answer to the british book reviews. He spoke only a few words, amongst them: "I am bitter, I am very bitter". The setlist was really fine with the exclusion of "Mama" and "Man" altough I am in peace with the new material now.
The crowd was as always. Some (me) celebarting every single track before 2004 others (younger ones) only smiling when they have the chance to hear "Kiss me a lot". People get older and crowd activity in general slowed down during the last 4 concerts I visited. Remember that "Pregnat" video, filmed in the Berlin Metropol, where hundrets of young devotees and Moz impersonators strechted out their hands? That was way back, 24 years ago. Their quiffs have been gone, their bellies have grown - with some extraordinary exceptions.;)
Anyway, me and my friends had a jolly good time and nothing can beat the moment when you recordnize the first chords from "Boxers", a song that meant so much too me. Listening to a boot from the Bristol Beerkellar right now, it is very clear, that Alain Whyte's backing vocals are surely missing in the new version. I have forgotten how prominet they were on the original and early live versions 1995.
"What she said/Rubber Ring" + "The Mom is dead" brought the house down and everyone around me went completely mad.
"People are the same everywhere" was quite good too, for I haven't listen to it for a while.
I stood f.o.s. because this is the only way to see my favorite artist and all in all it was really one of his better concerts in the last years. Heaven knows where he will rank it when he will be slamming down the hammer in his "Top 10 european concerts" list.
Nevertheless, imho he is in very good stage form but surely moody because of the disaster concerning "List of the lost".

If you have time and if you don't mind and if you have a translater.....
http://www.regioactive.de/review/20...ine-souveraene-performance-ab-3dLynR6qsG.html

Thanks for your nice Review!
Bet your nick is from that time 24 years ago when Phranc was opening the show :)
Had the pleasure to walk out into Berlin bars that night with Phranc and the Morrissey Band - unforgettable...

Looking forward to Cologne in a few hours and Lausanne on sunday, the only shows I'm able to join this time. Hope for Boxers tonight, please!!!

Bet your nick is from that time 24 years ago when Phranc was opening the show :)
Had the pleasure to walk out into Berlin bars that night with Phranc and the Morrissey Band - unforgettable...

Looking forward to Cologne in a few hours and Lausanne on sunday, the only shows I'm able to join this time. Hope for Boxers tonight, please!!!

When Phranc opened for Morrissey in Dublin in '91 someone threw a lit match at her. She was very quick in her response of "Morrissey told me to expect a warm welcome". I heard that her brother died not long after that and she had to drop out of the Kill Uncle tour.

What was the Morrissey band like? Regular blokes out trying different beers?

Thanks, you're welcome. Awesome, you know the support, the old Belin location + it's surroundings and you were there! Congratulations!
I was not able to attend those shows of 1991 but the 91/92 period was something very special.
Latest: our man in Cologne has the news, that the band just rehearsed "Boxers".

When Phranc opened for Morrissey in Dublin in '91 someone threw a lit match at her. She was very quick in her response of "Morrissey told me to expect a warm welcome". I heard that her brother died not long after that and she had to drop out of the Kill Uncle tour.

What was the Morrissey band like? Regular blokes out trying different beers?

You want me to remember how much and which Brand we dran? :) Sorry, Just know that it was a lot, and we were in a few gar bars too (split Group, die to Phranc ;-)). And now i think i have to shut up and Keep details secret...

Didnt know about her brother, sad!

So, order one more beer and waiting for Cologne show to Start.See u later...

All his interviews are positive, I've not yet to read one that was not. Half empty/half full .... fool.

From the last interview:

On fellow musicians...

"You possibly over-rate people who make music! In 2015, they’re not actually very intelligent, which is the reason why the can become successful. Only the dumbo’s are allowed through."

On people who have jobs requiring a uniform...

"Uniforms do terrible things to people, don’t they? This is especially true in America. Once you slip a uniform on you develop immediate bossy interference, and even if you over-step the boundaries of your own position you are exempt from harsh judgment. Even postal workers in America are extremely aggressive, and, of course, the police… by reason of their uniform and nothing else, hate anyone who is not afraid of them."

HIS OWN BAND IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A UNIFORM. :straightface:

He makes these blanket statements that make people feel like shit.

If you read CG post, you'll see that it wasn't justifying angry posts, I believe the point was that Moz wouldn't care about people being negative about him because that is the way he lives his life.

But I'm not speaking for CG, just the way I see the post.

And I'm not speaking for morrissey but about the content of this website which I guess morrissey doesn't even read. The nastiness on this site stops other more intelligent people from posting

Yes, he did. The setlist published at setlist.fm seems to be from another show...

- - - Updated - - -

The venue can host 1800 people but it wasn't sold out at all.

thank for the confirmation. another non sellout of a tiny 1800 seat venue!!
im told close to 800 tickets were sold but security packs them at the front so the clean up crew only has to work the small front area and every one can go home earlier.

new book no 80
shows not sold out in tiny venues
no record contract not even muse is interested.
shiny star trek shirts
stagnant set lists with the odd COUNTRY song thrown in for good measure....

whats going on? can someone please explain? benny?

From the last interview:

On fellow musicians...

"You possibly over-rate people who make music! In 2015, they’re not actually very intelligent, which is the reason why the can become successful. Only the dumbo’s are allowed through."

On people who have jobs requiring a uniform...

"Uniforms do terrible things to people, don’t they? This is especially true in America. Once you slip a uniform on you develop immediate bossy interference, and even if you over-step the boundaries of your own position you are exempt from harsh judgment. Even postal workers in America are extremely aggressive, and, of course, the police… by reason of their uniform and nothing else, hate anyone who is not afraid of them."

HIS OWN BAND IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A UNIFORM. :straightface:

He makes these blanket statements that make people feel like shit.

To be factual...I would offer that his band is made to wear a "costume" as they appear on a stage as part of an entertainment production just as the Rockettes wear matching costumes when they dance across the stage during a performance at Radio City Music Hall. I think it is justifiable to separate the two: costume vs uniform in that his point was that uniforms innately hold power and power has a tendency to corrupt from a soldier to a policeman to even a waitress. Try crossing a waitress and see what happens to your food. :eek:

To be factual...I would offer that his band is made to wear a "costume" as they appear on a stage as part of an entertainment production just as the Rockettes wear matching costumes when they dance across the stage during a performance at Radio City Music Hall. I think it is justifiable to separate the two: costume vs uniform in that his point was that uniforms innately hold power and power has a tendency to corrupt from a soldier to a policeman to even a waitress. Try crossing a waitress and see what happens to your food. :eek:

My sister wears a uniform every day to work at a grocery store. My father wore a uniform to deliver goods to businesses as a truck driver. I wore a uniform when I managed a cafe, nearly every single one of my tenants wears uniforms to work in the service industry, one of them as a mail carrier...are you saying those are costumes?

At FYF he went on a tirade about fat people before a song. THen he started scatting FAT FAT FAT as he sung a different song. WHO THE f*** ARE BUYING HIS RECORDS? Fat people. He needs to self-check his statements if he really wants to be #1. I think he delights on picking on people, he can't be at home in the fetal position crying that people are picking on him, it's his native language. THough I do feel empathy that he exposed a lot of his soul in the book and it's being picked on, that's no fun.

Last edited:
who says there required. maybe they all thought it a neat idea like the ramones continued idea of wearing leather jackets etc

My sister wears a uniform every day to work at a grocery store. My father wore a uniform to deliver goods to businesses as a truck driver. I wore a uniform when I managed a cafe, nearly every single one of my tenants wears uniforms to work in the service industry, one of them as a mail carrier...are you saying those are costumes?

At FYF he went on a tirade about fat people before a song. THen he started scatting FAT FAT FAT as he sung a different song. WHO THE f*** ARE BUYING HIS RECORDS? Fat people. He needs to self-check his statements if he really wants to be #1. I think he delights on picking on people, he can't be at home in the fetal position crying that people are picking on him, it's his native language. THough I do feel empathy that he exposed a lot of his soul in the book and it's being picked on, that's no fun.

Actually, I am saying the exact opposite. All the occupations you describe are those in which a uniform is used to assign employment to a specific company or governmental organization, whereas costuming is done for entertainment purposes. A uniform gives one the ability to exert a power over those they come in contact with whereas a costume does not. On the topic of what comes out of his mouth, especially recently, hardly any of it can be defended.

i can vouch that just about all loyal moz fans are hefty leaning to chubby. cg is correct on that point.

Reader meet author.

Boring crowd.

I can see your point about "Boring crowd" having seen that picture of the front row and the vermin (and parasites) on it. One must really feel for our Moz having to look at those faces on more than one occasion. Poor lad.

Thanks, you're welcome. Awesome, you know the support, the old Belin location + it's surroundings and you were there! Congratulations!
I was not able to attend those shows of 1991 but the 91/92 period was something very special.
Latest: our man in Cologne has the news, that the band just rehearsed "Boxers".

Yes, he played 'Boxers ', unfortunately directly after Meat is murder - really hard to enjoy any song then. Wish he had played 'people are the same...' at that place ;-)
But i won't complain, great gig as always :)

i can vouch that just about all loyal moz fans are hefty leaning to chubby. cg is correct on that point.

sorry but im 35 yo 5'8" and 115 pounds and am a big fan of the man. maybe one day but not now will i be on the chubby side

Back
Top Bottom