Get Knitting!

Yeah, I have a few scraps of different funny materials in my sewing box-thingy, so he can have all sorts of shirts. :) I'd need his measurements, inner leg if he's having a pair of denim jeans as well. ;) I should take a photo of my Frankenstein's Mozster, whom I lovingly sewed into a really buggered-up form. :( That'll teach me not to use any templates. :p

I will upload it later, because I can't find the camera.

I love the idea of Frankenstein's Mozster. Maybe there should be a "When Fan Art Goes Bad" thread. ;)

I love the idea of Frankenstein's Mozster. Maybe there should be a "When Fan Art Goes Bad" thread.

Hehe, I'd have so much to post in that thread. :p Behold Franzistein's Mozster, in all his glory!

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

He is not anatomically accurate... That would have been far too controversial for me.
DSC00042.jpg

And this is me modelling the scarf.
DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe, I'd have so much to post in that thread. :p Behold Franzistein's Mozster, in all his glory!

He is not anatomically accurate... That would have been far too controversial for me.

And this is me modelling the scarf.

I couldn't view all the pics because they were too big, but I think FrankenMoz is pretty good, actually - and the underwear made me LOL and scare the cat. :D

That's a very pretty scarf and good, neat work for a first item. :)

I couldn't view all the pics because they were too big, but I think FrankenMoz is pretty good, actually - and the underwear made me LOL and scare the cat. :D

That's a very pretty scarf and good, neat work for a first item. :)

Thanl you. :) Yeah, they are pretty big. :D I could shrink them, I s'pose.

He has mismatching arms - one hand has the thumb facing towards his side, and the other has it facing outwards. And he's wearing the lovely tartan scarf!neckbrace because he has a fragile neck, brought on by turning his body inside out through it. :D

To flatten out the sides, can I just iron it on wool setting?

Thanl you. :) Yeah, they are pretty big. :D I could shrink them, I s'pose.

He has mismatching arms - one hand has the thumb facing towards his side, and the other has it facing outwards. And he's wearing the lovely tartan scarf!neckbrace because he has a fragile neck, brought on by turning his body inside out through it. :D

To flatten out the sides, can I just iron it on wool setting?

Tell people he's the Earl's Court '08 model and the scarf is for his poorly throat. ;)

It's the fate of the plain stocking stitch scarf to curl up; pressing should help a bit but won't actually cure the problem. That's why most scarf kits use fancy eyelash or bobble yarns which behave a little differently when made up. Moss stitch or basket stitch are better choices for scarfing plain yarns. There are some absolute barfains in scarf-friend ly wool in poundstretcher at the moment btw; 150g bobbly/eyelash for £1 or a scarf kit in lovely colours for £2. :)

Tell people he's the Earl's Court '08 model and the scarf is for his poorly throat. ;)

It's the fate of the plain stocking stitch scarf to curl up; pressing should help a bit but won't actually cure the problem. That's why most scarf kits use fancy eyelash or bobble yarns which behave a little differently when made up. Moss stitch or basket stitch are better choices for scarfing plain yarns. There are some absolute barfains in scarf-friend ly wool in poundstretcher at the moment btw; 150g bobbly/eyelash for £1 or a scarf kit in lovely colours for £2. :)

Oooh, wow. *Writes 'Poundland - wool' on hand* :)

I don't know what moss stitch or basket stitch are, but I'll look them up. :)

Moss stitch is K1, P1. Another way to stop it a bit is by knitting a garter stitch (K every row) border. Start with 5 or so rows of K every row, then as you move into the body of the scarf, K the first and last 5 or so stitches on every row, then K or P the center portion of the row as appropriate.

Or, you can knit the whole thing as a K1, P1 rib. It will be thick and cushy and have lots of side-to-side stretch, so you would want to add stitches to achieve the same width you intended.

But the scarf you made looks very cute and the curl works. Great colors!

Moss stitch is K1, P1. Another way to stop it a bit is by knitting a garter stitch (K every row) border. Start with 5 or so rows of K every row, then as you move into the body of the scarf, K the first and last 5 or so stitches on every row, then K or P the center portion of the row as appropriate.

Or, you can knit the whole thing as a K1, P1 rib. It will be thick and cushy and have lots of side-to-side stretch, so you would want to add stitches to achieve the same width you intended.

But the scarf you made looks very cute and the curl works. Great colors!

Ahhh, okay. Thank you, Pregs. :)

Latest feedback on my BusyMitts Knitting page, from a non-plussed Australian (typos amended):

"Don't know what a Morrissey is but these fellas are beaut mate."

Odd, but rather lovely. :)

PM me if you want to be friends on ravelry.

im currently working on my very first pair of socks, its time consuming and a little frustrating but i actually love it

Hello people of the wool! No, I am not taking up knitting. :p BUT, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good shops in London, or websites, which sell pre-made things you use in your knitting? I'm not explaining myself well. What I'm looking for is the bobbles you get on bobble hats, but without the hat, and in hi-visibility/luminous colours...cheers! :D

Hello people of the wool! No, I am not taking up knitting. :p BUT, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good shops in London, or websites, which sell pre-made things you use in your knitting? I'm not explaining myself well. What I'm looking for is the bobbles you get on bobble hats, but without the hat, and in hi-visibility/luminous colours...cheers! :D

Do you mean this sort of thing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POM-POMS-x-10...14&_trkparms=72:1685|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

If you want something more substantial and have a particular colour in mind, buy a ball of yarn ( I think the budget brand Stylecraft do a range of neon colours) and make your own. It's very easy; I think I learned it in Brownies. :)

Here's how:

http://www.kid-craft-central.com/pom-poms.html

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought an old jumper from a vintage shop the other day but I need to make it into a V-neck as it doesn't suit me otherwise...can any expert knitters tell me if using scissors to do this would make it all unravel? And if so, what would be a better way to go about it?

Thanking you :)

I bought an old jumper from a vintage shop the other day but I need to make it into a V-neck as it doesn't suit me otherwise...can any expert knitters tell me if using scissors to do this would make it all unravel? And if so, what would be a better way to go about it?

Thanking you :)

This is a sewing job rather than a knitting job, unless you're contemplating unravelling the existing neckband, dismantling the sweater into parts and then re-knitting the top section of the front.

Yes, knitting will unravel if you start cutting into it, but alterations are possible with care; I suspect a garment knitted with thin yarn on small needles is a better alteration prospect than a chunky knit. This post deals with altering an existing sweater and you might find some tips here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224654.0

*bump*

Because this thread is actually quite exciting compared to the rest of the forum right now.

I'll come back when someone starts another song title pun thread or does some funny t-shirts. :rolleyes:

Tags
balls
Back
Top Bottom