GIRL DROWNING....(no moz content)

• Thread starter Stoney Hando's leadpipe
  • Start date
S

Stoney Hando's leadpipe

"Yeah, P Neville had a fantastic match and he saved your asses. We outplayed you for at least 80% of the match, even the scum supporters in the pub with me admitted that."

P Neville didn't play until the last 10 minutes....Gary was the Neville I was speaking of, and yes he was fantastic. I can't imagine what United supporter would ever admit to being outplayed 80% of the game unless we lost. Must be from London HahHAhHahA.

I thought other than Ole(played midfield tis game though), strikers on both sides were shite. The midfields were decent on both sides, though Fortune played well. Haaman(sp) looked lethal at times but couldn't produce.
The back four looked great on both sides. Good defending accept for Daisy Dudek with his little shorts and he made the types of mistakes Barthez is famous for.
I wish Arse would have took a beating as to bring the gap closer, but all in all it was a great day for football.

why is everybody fascinated with football? why? 11 men chasing a piece of leather around a pitch...

for an hour and a half...where's the fun? please, someone tell me...

Re: why is everybody fascinated with football? why? 11 men chasing a piece of leather around a pitch

God you are so pretentious. Please come back to this board when you've managed to climb out of your own arse.
And, yeah, a haircut wouldn't do you any harm either...

Re: why is everybody fascinated with football? why? 11 men chasing a piece of leather around a pitch

I'm not pretentious, I just can't stand football. It's surrounded by a yob culture and I can't understand why it incites such public interest. I really can't. People like David Beckham are idolised on a huge scale while people like Sylvia Plath and Richey Edwards, the greatest poets of the 20th century, are overlooked by the general populous. I guarantee you people will be able to quote Ray Parlour over Albert Camus, and I just find that so ridiculous.

Also, I don't appreciate being told to get a haircut, being called pretentious etc. because my opinions are different to yours. Who needs to pull their head out of their arse? Certainly not me.

That's my two cents.

*hums*

People who want to quote Camus or any other writer and poet should be hanged ! Quoting = pretentious

And yet quoting a footballer or a pop singer isn't pretentious. Why? Because they're popular icons.

Thanks for proving my point.

That goes for quoting anyone. Quoting Morrissey is rediculous. And Morrissey is pretentious as well.

anyone can buy a book with quotes of Oscar Wilde and pretend. Really: we are all in the gutter, nothing to declare but my genius...

and I did not even buy the book!

cheers!

Does this include people who quote Shelagh Delany, Elizabeth Smart, Speranza, Nell Dunn ...:)

"I could say more, but you get the general idea"

Oh Christ, of course Morrissey's pretentious

but he's Morrissey so we let him off

Not all football fans are Yobs. Yes there is a Yob culture with it, but why assume all football fans are louts for Ingerland?!?!?!?
I appreciate poetry, I am a Moz fan afterall. Seriosuly, everyone from New Order to Super Furry Animals are fans of the great game. Football is a big part of English culture, and a positive one at that. Think of how many kids have been kept of the street because of football. Yeah there are yobs, but every scene has to have it's pricks.

This football banter is just something to pass the time in between Moz news. me comming on here spouting "Milton! I think thy spirit hath passed away
From these white cliffs and high-embattled towers;
This gorgeous fiery-coloured world of ours..." but that would be boring and not spark much of a response. Hence, the football banter.

p.s.Roll on Arsenal :)

yeah, but why don't we talk about current affairs or summat?

and yes, I realise that football could come under that heading.

*hates arguing against himself*

something's gone horribly wrong somewhere...:S

There is more to life then books you know.....

much and much more. Never understood Morrisey's obsession with boxing. I mean really: two men on the canvas hitting each other in the head? Or is that the poetry in motion?

Boxing

don't get me started on it :p. It infuriates me even more than football. I like Greco-Roman Wrestling but to me boxing is just barbaric and pointless.

My thing is this, yes we could talk about world affairs...we all know the world is f***ed to shite. George and Tony are to thank for that, but that's old hat. Besides, my post did state for GIRL DROWNING and was intended for that individual in response to a previous post. I don't mean to clutter up the board, hence the ATTN GD in the subject so people knew going into it was probably meaningless poop to others but a topic for me and someone else that has been on going for the past few months.

ya heard me?

> yeah, but why don't we talk about current affairs or summat?

> and yes, I realise that football could come under that heading.

> *hates arguing against himself*

> something's gone horribly wrong somewhere...:S

yeah I realise that - I was bored out of my skull :p I should've been revising for mocks but I decided to start an argument instead

*much love*

> yeah, but why don't we talk about current affairs or summat?

Is there a summit (correct spelling) on at the moment somewhere? I haven't seen the news for days but I am interested in current affairs. I suppose it's about the war on terror? Or maybe the financial markets slump? All the usual guys there? Bush, Putin, Blair, Chirac, Schroeder, Duncan-smith, etc etc?

More info about it would be much appreciated.

Oh ok then, G Neville!! Like I care! You know who I meant.... Yeah he was great I admit. I'm not one of these yobs who defend their team against all reason. I'm a real football fan, not an armchair supporter. And no, they weren't from London, they were Mancs living in London. Yes proper Mancs - amazing!

I agree with most of your comments but I think our midfielders were much better. Both defences were fantastic. And yes I did see the irony is Jerzy's Barthez-like error don't worry!

In conclusion, yes a great day for football. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers.

GD

> "Yeah, P Neville had a fantastic match and he saved your asses. We
> outplayed you for at least 80% of the match, even the scum supporters in
> the pub with me admitted that."

> P Neville didn't play until the last 10 minutes....Gary was the Neville I
> was speaking of, and yes he was fantastic. I can't imagine what United
> supporter would ever admit to being outplayed 80% of the game unless we
> lost. Must be from London HahHAhHahA.

> I thought other than Ole(played midfield tis game though), strikers on
> both sides were shite. The midfields were decent on both sides, though
> Fortune played well. Haaman(sp) looked lethal at times but couldn't
> produce.
> The back four looked great on both sides. Good defending accept for Daisy
> Dudek with his little shorts and he made the types of mistakes Barthez is
> famous for.
> I wish Arse would have took a beating as to bring the gap closer, but all
> in all it was a great day for football.