Girls Aloud; are they actually quite good?

Maurice E

I know they've been around for a few years but I've only really heard their last two or three singles and I've been pleasantly surprised.
Just been into HMV and there was a great song being played which I'd not heard before. I asked and, apparently, it's off the new GA album which is picking up some great reviews.
Anyone got any of their stuff?

I really like them...They have some excellent songs which haven't been released as singles, so it's well worth checking them out beyond what you hear of their's in the top 40

Cool. Thanks for the replies.
I think I will be brave and buy the new album.
It got 5 stars in Heat so it must be good!

I know they've been around for a few years but I've only really heard their last two or three singles and I've been pleasantly surprised.
Just been into HMV and there was a great song being played which I'd not heard before. I asked and, apparently, it's off the new GA album which is picking up some great reviews.
Anyone got any of their stuff?
I really like them. I don't own any of their stuff, but I think they're good (although far too thin)

I like their latest one.In a begrudging way.

I wrote a zine article a couple of years about how Girls Aloud were more honest than the current crop of NME bands - that they revel in the spectacle of pop, not illusions of authenticity. 'Biology' and 'No Good Advice' are bangin' anthems round my joint!

It was ok but now it won't leave my head so it's very irritating.
Also, what on earth does 'walking primrose' mean?! :p and I don't like the key change at the end.:sick::p
Still it's better than most of their stuff.

I do not like their image or music to be honest and that new Nintendo DS advert with them proper irritates me. To be fair though they must have some appeal as they wouldn't have carried on so strongly and they must be hiding some 'talent' as, if I recall correctly, they won a television contest and are still known and aren't singing at Butlins whilst trying to keep their gas bills paid. That just doesn't usually happen...does it?

Love PTxx.

Regurgitated pap for children with no sense of musical taste or for men and lesbian's to masturbate over. Cheryl Cole is still a vile little rascist ned/chav who needs to stop speaking/singing and eat a meal now and again.
Whoever writes there crap steals like magpie's other parts of songs from other artists. I had the misfortune to hear 2 tracks from their album in Zavvi yesterday and one of them is totally a stolen song from Sebastian Tellier with their crappy singing on it.
The person who is buying this should be thoroughly ashamed of himself!

Back
Top Bottom