Harvest ends contract with Morrissey - TTY

What a sad piece of news.
Morrissey deserved better things.
What happened in the backstage of this record company meeting?
Did they discover 'Paint A Vulgar Picture' record somewhere?
I hope that Morrissey releases an official statement containing his point of view.

The whole thing looks vicious and wicked.

Rush are hideous shit btw that absolutely no one of sound mind should be proud of appreciating.
I mean ffs!!!

I hope that Morrissey releases an official statement containing his point of view.

The whole thing looks vicious and wicked.

I'm curious to see what he would say ... although he might want to tread lightly if he hopes to ever get a future deal.

Heck, the Cure have had several different drummers throughout their history and everyone still accepts them as the Cure.

Totally different. The entire lineup of the Cure has changed numerous times—it's different on almost every album! Robert Smith is the only constant, and the only original member. Everyone else has come and gone (and come again) over the years. They're a completely different kind of band.

The Smiths were four people, period, and only for a very brief period of time.

Last edited:
Enjoying the different Smiths original line-up thread to this.

How about they reform with Moz on drums, Marr on bass, Rourke on guitar, and Joyce on vocals...

it would be shit, but at least it'd be deliberately shit

OK, I take it all back. I am completely in support of a reunion now, but only if it's exactly like this.

Morrissey seems happy enough--he is conversing with TRB and some others via his Twitter!

https://twitter.com/stillMozsworld

That's tragic, isn't it?
A genuine parody account would be vaguely amusing, but trying to imitate him with a straight face and doing such a dreadful job of it is quite sad. Worse than that though is the fact that virtually every tweet of his is favourited and retweeted. Is that by Morrissey fans with extremely low standards. The mind quite literally boggles!!!!

Totally different. The entire lineup of the Cure has changed numerous times—it's different on almost every album! Robert Smith is the only constant, and the only original member. Everyone else has come and gone (and come again) over the years. They're a completely different kind of band.

The Smiths were four people, period, and only for a very brief period of time.

Not true. Simon Gallup has been in the band the entire time as well, with the exception of a couple of years in the early 80's.

Rush are hideous shit btw that absolutely no one of sound mind should be proud of appreciating.
I mean ffs!!!

Whoa!

Hit a sore spot there?

I suppose next you are going to tell me that Andy Rourke is a better bass player than Geddy Lee.

Last edited:
Whoa!

Hit a sore spot there?

I suppose next you are going to tell me that Andy Rourke is a better bass player.

Not at all, I assumed you were just an admirer of Peart's drumming.
Are you a Rush fan, then??? :/

It's a matter of taste, but to downplay Joyce's contribution to those albums is ridiculous.
I find these kinds of academic muso debates so depressing and almost always undertaken by bedroom musicians. It's a form of self-regard, nothing to do with music.

I think Mike Joyce is a very good drummer.

Read my posts over the past many years and I have never said anything but good things about his drumming. I think he's quite good for the sound and style of The Smiths. Neil Peart would either be very bored as a Smith or destroy the songs.

Now, if I were to go see a Smiths reunion tour I'd find that the best lineup would include Joyce and even Gannon to play rhythm guitar but if The Smiths reformed with Moz, Johnny, Andrew Paresi and Andy Rourke I don't think it would have very much impact on how excited people would be.

I can't imagine going.. Wow, tickets are $200.. I'd pay it if Joyce was there but without him that's a $75 show.

Morrissey and Marr on stage together under ANY name is worth top dollar regardless of who else joins them.

Here's a picture of Rush for visual reference.

rush.jpg

I mean, you could have the best drummer in the world but a band that looks and dresses like that is never going to make great music, are they???

I suppose next you are going to tell me that Andy Rourke is a better bass player than Geddy Lee.

It's a matter of personal taste. Again, it's only bedroom musos who have these sorts of debates.
I can tell you that Andy Rourke made at least four more albums that I would ever want to listen to than Geddy Lee ever did.
Who listens to Rush apart from aging hippies???

Morrissey and Marr on stage together under ANY name is worth top dollar regardless of who else joins them.

That's exactly what the promoters said recently - those were the terms of the deal.
We just need Marr and Morrissey. It doesn't matter who else is with them.

Here's a picture of Rush for visual reference.

rush.jpg

I mean, you could have the best drummer in the world but a band that looks and dresses like that is never going to make great music, are they???

Best drummer in the world? Have you not heard of John Bonham?

Tags
harvestrecords morrissey moz no album viva hate
Back
Top Bottom