Has Anyone Seen This Fake On Ebay?

mrmorrissey1

COLLECTOR
hello to all just wondering if anyone has seen this auction on ebay. this item is so fake and we all know (well at least i hope most of us know) what the actual promo cd looks like. on the auction the seller clearly states he only sells originals and no cdr copies, hopefully the person who already bidded on this such bootleg reads this and is able to retract their bid before they get ripped off. cheers !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250249935908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hello to all just wondering if anyone has seen this auction on ebay. this item is so fake and we all know (well at least i hope most of us know) what the actual promo cd looks like. on the auction the seller clearly states he only sells originals and no cdr copies, hopefully the person who already bidded on this such bootleg reads this and is able to retract their bid before they get ripped off. cheers !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250249935908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Hmm. I'm not sure what the CD itself looked like but.....

http://passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/moz-dikvw.htm

So maybe we shouldn't rule it out as a fake right away.

I think it looks fake myself though :)

i'm sure there are other collectors on here that can back me on this. thanks for the link but i do own the real 3" cd promo so i do know what it looks like. cheers, MRMORRISSEY1

Total fake and I have reported it...let's see if it's pulled. Those Vini Reilly tracks have been around for a while...

Judging by his other auctions, he has quite a bit of good stuff, but this one is a real lazy attempt to cash in on an easy-to-acquire "rarity."

EDIT: Considering this recording is an outtake from the Viva Hate sessions, why on Earth would this "promo" have a Factory Records serial number? Sure, Vini was on the label, but it was a Moz recording.

Last edited:
It wasn't a promo it was a bonus disc.

This is either an exceptionally rare test pressing of the disc, or a horrible fake, as obviously they didn't have CD-R technology way back when.

Which makes me think of glass masters. Does anyone have a glass master? I've never seen one for sale.

EDIT: Considering this recording is an outtake from the Viva Hate sessions, why on Earth would this "promo" have a Factory Records serial number? Sure, Vini was on the label, but it was a Moz recording.

Because it was given away with the Durutti Column's Vini Reilly album, which was released on the Factory label a year after Viva Hate was released.

I like it how he didn't even try.
He could at least have done this on Word and printed on a deskjet:
1989_iknow7_1.jpg

...Note Wrong CD different versions ?

I've got the 'usual' 3" CD of this cd (pic below) but on ebay there's what seems to be a blatant homemade copy of it yet the description claims it came with Vini Reilly's album -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Vin...oryZ1049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So the question is, is this a bootleg or is there another version of it looking like that one on ebay ?! I think I know the answer but thought I'd see of any of you had such a version of it !

cheers

EDIT: Just seen the thread about this is the marketplace forum so any mod reading, sorry + please delete !

Last edited:
Maybe he actually thinks it's real, seen as he states that it came with Vini Reilly's album plus makes the statement about no copies/cd-r's etc. Although I can confirm that the real CD looks nothing like that anyway !

As the seller does seem to get decent moz/smiths stuff I'm a bit surprised they'd risk their reputation selling that crap !

Re: ...Note Wrong CD different versions ?

The cd on ebay is not a fake.
It's 100% genuine.

These are also genuine:
chelsea_charms_pics03.jpg

That's what it should look like, right?

iknowverywell3cd1ns1.jpg

Btw, Beau, you mentioned in an older thread that you have cases to keep those 3" CDs in. Do you know where I can get them - or do you even have a few spares left that you would sell? ;)

Thanks,
-crisp-

Crisp, the 3" cases I spoke of were for the Japanese 3"s in their oversized packaging, not conducive for this item.

You mean, a 3" case that I could put this in?:
1988_suedeheadcd_japan_1.jpg

yep he does & thankfully he did (for me at least)! :)

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom