Have you ever written a (fan) letter to morrissey?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date

have you ever written a (fan) letter to morrissey?

• never ever

• yes, once (upon a time)

• yeah, a couple of times

• yo, many times

• yes, sir, every single fuc*kin day

• a few years ago

• not so long ago

• recently

• not yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you ask permission to post an inoffensive fan postcard online, 20 years after the fact? Would you expect modern-era Moz to reply?
Of course not.

PS. Do you think Morrissey asked Johnny Marr for permission to quote his deeply private letters from the mid-90s, reproduced in full in Autobiog?
so s/he, mal, didnt?
to your first question: yes, actually i would. not sure what you mean with your second question. to your third: did he?

so s/he, mal, didnt?
to your first question: yes, actually i would. not sure what you mean with your second question. to your third: did he?

Mal probably didn't ask, no. What real reason would he have, since they discuss nothing more sinister than Smiths CDs and James Dean? My second question refers to the fact that Morrissey stopped responding to all fan mail a long, long time ago - so even if you did ask permission to use some old cards, you'd never hear back from him. Crazy question, really. Like someone saying "I've found buried treasure" and getting a response like, "Ah, but did you have planning permission to dig there?"

Mal probably didn't ask, no. What real reason would he have, since they discuss nothing more sinister than Smiths CDs and James Dean? My second question refers to the fact that Morrissey stopped responding to all fan mail a long, long time ago - so even if you did ask permission to use some old cards, you'd never hear back from him. Crazy question, really. Like someone saying "I've found buried treasure" and responding, "Ah, but did you have planning permission to dig there?"
if i imagine someone, maybe an old classmate or former friend, publishing a postcard with my name on, that i wrote 20 years ago, no matter what the content, and without my consent, i wouldnt like it, because it had originally been sent not to the public but to this one person alone. i would consider it a disrespectful breach of trust.
and then, does not replying to a question automatically mean "yes"? i wouldnt say so. but i think that people are treated differently when they are in the public eye.

that's interesting, evennow. do you think that the lover has already found what the writer is still looking for?

I'm afraid I have a better chance of taking a selfie with Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster than of ever finding love. The search party for love has been called off as the years have proven it a complete exercise in futility. As for writing, I consider myself to be:

The Ponderer

Oh well, I'm the type of guy who never writes things down
They call me the ponderer
Yeah, the ponderer
My thoughts abound, abound, adound

I'm afraid I have a better chance of taking a selfie with Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster than of ever finding love. The search party for love has been called off as the years have proven it a complete exercise in futility. As for writing, I consider myself to be:

The Ponderer

Oh well, I'm the type of guy who never writes things down
They call me the ponderer
Yeah, the ponderer
My thoughts abound, abound, adound
is it because you're largely unlikable?

Last edited:
is it because you're largely unlikable?

Rifke You have a florid personality disorder and this shows in you spiteful comments and general non stop bizarre over sharing. Please reflect on this and if you wish to hook up Urb - anus has given you the only request you're ever going to get.

I sent a letter (rather a song I’d written) to Jimmy Pursey when I was about 12 lol. And I once read a book that touched me, and as for once the author was still alive, so I sent a letter lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom