have you guys given up moderating the boards?

Awww, that is what the 2nd time you've posted that exact same message? You really need new material. Is that you UnlceSkinny? No...I'd hope you had more smarts about you than that...hmmm...this must be Paul...are you still pissed that I got you banned?

in the UK you are allowed to 'affirm' when you are offered the oath to tell the truth. It is just the same as the god one except without the god bit, so therefore it's not exactly the same, I'm drifting eh?
I'm suprised that no one in your court appearances every did it tbh, but I like suprises.
OK I'd best get ready for work or there'll be hell to pay, :)
I don't subscribe to heaven nor hell either but I do like their uses in language.
"bloody hell" being one of my favourite curses this week. I recommend we all swear a bit more this week, but not at each other.

love

Grim (done but with errors - not all manmade, unlike my pj's)

in the UK you are allowed to 'affirm' when you are offered the oath to tell the truth. It is just the same as the god one except without the god bit, so therefore it's not exactly the same, I'm drifting eh?
I'm suprised that no one in your court appearances every did it tbh, but I like suprises.
OK I'd best get ready for work or there'll be hell to pay, :)
I don't subscribe to heaven nor hell either but I do like their uses in language.
"bloody hell" being one of my favourite curses this week. I recommend we all swear a bit more this week, but not at each other.

love

Grim (done but with errors - not all manmade, unlike my pj's)

Well here across the pond they always have you swear to God...hmmm...oh well. Lol.

Have a wonderful day at work by the way!

The all-knowing Sir Alec telling everyone how it is yet again. Thank you for putting us in our place. Without your all-knowing, South Park-ian, 'you are all messed up and wrong' attitude, I don't know where we would be. :rolleyes:

;) ;)

I never said I knew the answers, but you guys sure as hell don't either.

And

Kuiper, you don't seem to understand where I'm coming from, so I'm gonna stop arguing with you. Also, (if you haven't already, which you probably haven't) you ought to do extensive research on evolution and microbiology in particular.

I've never sworn to tell the truth in any gods name (male or female) when in court & neither is it law that you have too. So you are correct there is no merit in it.
As it happens, I'm in court (again) in March & once again I will swear to tell the truth but not for father christmas' sake or who ever you want to believe is the dad of Jesus, I'm a believer (as the Monkees once sang) that Joesph was his Dad (& Mary was his Mam) but who knows he could have been adopted (by a homosexual couple even)?

love

Grim
Just how many times have you been in court, Grim? :D

40-1.jpg

stop reading my mind Worm!
:eek:

"And it is funny to have to argue these things in a court of law...evidently the swearing in of witnesses in a case has no merit anymore. Why have to argue about the existence of a God in court when I have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in his name?"

I've never sworn to tell the truth in any gods name (male or female) when in court & neither is it law that you have too. So you are correct there is no merit in it.
As it happens, I'm in court (again) in March & once again I will swear to tell the truth but not for father christmas' sake or who ever you want to believe is the dad of Jesus, I'm a believer (as the Monkees once sang) that Joesph was his Dad (& Mary was his Mam) but who knows he could have been adopted (by a homosexual couple even)?

love

Grim

as a matter of NON-fact
i believe having people swear on the bible
encourages them to lie in court
after all
it is a fairy tale mixed with half truths
therefore
perfect for a courtroom
where justice is rarely dispensed anyways
also
the whole swearing by god thing
makes people forget that actual
PERJURY IS A CRIME
though an often hard one to prove
damn the dead god!

Religion divides bacause it provides "certainties" to which people can attach their hopes and fears.

When you are certainly right, all else must be wrong. When deeply held beliefs are challenged it often provokes an emotional reaction, as the essence of the persons self-identity is under threat.
And so it ends up with insults..

I was raised in a religious environment and it did me no good.

A seeker of spirituality, whatever that means to the listener, disillusioned with humanity but trying to understand and love anyway, anyhow...

I never said I knew the answers, but you guys sure as hell don't either.

And

Kuiper, you don't seem to understand where I'm coming from, so I'm gonna stop arguing with you. Also, (if you haven't already, which you probably haven't) you ought to do extensive research on evolution and microbiology in particular.

I actually have done extensive research on them and opposing views. I am actually open-minded enough to look at both sides of the coin. In fact, I am such a fundamentalist redneck bigot that any arguments evolutionists make or evidence they cite mon't shake me up. I'm so lost in bind faith I can take their points into consideration and not having my world turned upside down.

In all seriouness, since you are so much more civil than the average person of similar opinions to yours, I would like to (maybe in a few days though when I have more time) start a polite and constructive Crevo discussion through PMs to avoid all the close-mindedness, bigotry, and intolerance that plagues "open" discussions.

Religion divides bacause it provides "certainties" to which people can attach their hopes and fears.

When you are certainly right, all else must be wrong. When deeply held beliefs are challenged it often provokes an emotional reaction, as the essence of the persons self-identity is under threat.
And so it ends up with insults..

I was raised in a religious environment and it did me no good.

A seeker of spirituality, whatever that means to the listener, disillusioned with humanity but trying to understand and love anyway, anyhow...

i would agree more if you knew how to spell 'because'
:p

ps: that is one scary lookin old dude in ur avatar/pic

I actually have done extensive research on them and opposing views. I am actually open-minded enough to look at both sides of the coin. In fact, I am such a fundamentalist redneck bigot that any arguments evolutionists make or evidence they cite mon't shake me up. I'm so lost in bind faith I can take their points into consideration and not having my world turned upside down.

In all seriouness, since you are so much more civil than the average person of similar opinions to yours, I would like to (maybe in a few days though when I have more time) start a polite and constructive Crevo discussion through PMs to avoid all the close-mindedness, bigotry, and intolerance that plagues "open" discussions.

i like how the christian right, like most groups on the right, like to frame themselves and their ideas in a certain way by rearranging the meaning of traditional 'liberal' words. they like to take words like close(open)-minded, and intolerant(tolerant) and extend their coverage in this case in order to protect themselves against any debate with the left. What i'm saying is, i think it's pathetic how people who are opposed to intolerance to gays in the Catholic community, are themselves labeled intolerant and close-minded by the Christian right.

"You're intolerant you homophobe!!"

"No, you're intolerant for not being open to my intolerance. I'm open-minded because I am open to being against homosexuality."

like i said, sure you can look the other way to intolerance and homophobia or whatever, but stop trying to frame it in a way that will flip those 'liberal' words on their heads and generally bring chaos to any discussion. You're essentially homophobic even if you subscribe to the "we are loving towards gays" PR. You're intolerant because your bible tells how to live and what to tolerate. Your life is limited. Your beliefs handed to you in neat little package.

Well, I apologize for questioning your knowledge on the subject, but I don't really want to debate anymore. I don't like to argue with someone, I like to argue at someone. I'm a prick really.

:p Just kidding.

Anyways, a personal sharing of opinions is quite fun (especially with a person like you who doesn't freak out when contested), but I don't have enough time or energy. You see, I'm a very lazy (American) person who hasn't bothered to do anything with my life. I shouldn't even spend my time here in the first place. I ought to be exercising or watching the history channel... *stops to think*... or better yet going to a community college.

I guess you understand from the fact that I wrote such a detailed depressing last paragraph, that I am mentally unable to share my view with others without being drained of my little energy, which I must keep for my future wife.

i like how the christian right, like most groups on the right, like to frame themselves and their ideas in a certain way by rearranging the meaning of traditional 'liberal' words. they like to take words like close(open)-minded, and intolerant(tolerant) and extend their coverage in this case in order to protect themselves against any debate with the left. What i'm saying is, i think it's pathetic how people who are opposed to intolerance to gays in the Catholic community, are themselves labeled intolerant and close-minded by the Christian right.

First off, conservative and liberal are attitudes, not full philosophies. "Conservatives" and only conservative socially, economically they are liberal. "Liberals" are only liberal socially, economically they are conservative. But once again "liberals" try to lay claim to words. Science, tolerance, open-mindness, openness, social justice, are now all copyrighted by the left. I will use any word I like, and I will going be the actual meaning of it, not looking for a trademark on it owned by the left.

"You're intolerant you homophobe!!"

"No, you're intolerant for not being open to my intolerance. I'm open-minded because I am open to being against homosexuality."

Well the last paradox is true. People are tolerant of intolerance, except when it comes to Christians. I freely admit they are something I have no tolerance for. You can say you are open-minded to the ideas of other religions (not necessarily you you, just someone "liberal"), but those views are close-minded in someway, they won't accept everything. You can say you are tolerant of all creeds and philosophies, but many of them will be intolerant towards something. So basically, what the left wants is not understanding and mutual acceptance amongst existing religions, but everyone to become a Unitarian Universalist.

like i said, sure you can look the other way to intolerance and homophobia or whatever, but stop trying to frame it in a way that will flip those 'liberal' words on their heads and generally bring chaos to any discussion. You're essentially homophobic even if you subscribe to the "we are loving towards gays" PR. You're intolerant because your bible tells how to live and what to tolerate. Your life is limited. Your beliefs handed to you in neat little package.

Do you except me for who I am? I mean really, will you fully embrace and condone everything about me? No, you don't even really love me and care for me. I do not condone everything about homosexuals, but I still love them and am hardly "phobic" towards them. But you don't care about anything I've said, all you can process in your closed mind is that I am deserving of all these leftist clichés thrown at me (homophobic this, unscientific that, blind faith this, ignorant that).

You are being intolerant of the Bible. Your are a Christophobe. You are close-minded towards Christianity. Your life is limited and your beliefs of not believing the things I believe are handed to you in a neat little package by the leftist propagandists.

Christophobe! That's a good one. that's why I keep checking this series. :p

THIS is where you've been hiding!

i would agree more if you knew how to spell 'because'
:p

ps: that is one scary lookin old dude in ur avatar/pic
Tut, I hate it when I get the spelling wrong, it totally undermines everything I've said...

The avatar- Could be me before my morning cup of coffee
or Morrissey after the cleaner accidentally puts a broom-handle through the painting concealed in the attic.

PS post 114 for me, did you know there are 114 Surahs in the Koran?

Back
Top Bottom