Help, what Smiths song is this?

For new Morrissey fans, definitely get Your Arsenal and Southpaw Grammar. Southpaw Grammar is a truly underrated album

Southpaw is not the best thing to start with. It's a difficult album to appreciate - I'd leave it for later. Start with compilations - it worked for me. ;)

I always think its best to start at the beginning and digest each album before moving on to the next, avoiding greatest hits along the way. Sort of like experiencing the band correctly, but in expedited time. This shows progression of the bands style as well as allows the listener to form their own opinions/favorites.

I always think its best to start at the beginning and digest each album before moving on to the next, avoiding greatest hits along the way. Sort of like experiencing the band correctly, but in expedited time. This shows progression of the bands style as well as allows the listener to form their own opinions/favorites.

Yes,start at the beginning.Forget The Greatest Hits option!

Southpaw is not the best thing to start with. It's a difficult album to appreciate - I'd leave it for later. Start with compilations - it worked for me. ;)

I started with Viva Hate. I suppose you're right when it comes to Southpaw. I found it difficult to like at first, but now it is just absolutely beautiful. Every song is fantastic. I hope these new fans can appreciate Southpaw Grammar at some point.

I started with Viva Hate. I suppose you're right when it comes to Southpaw. I found it difficult to like at first, but now it is just absolutely beautiful. Every song is fantastic. I hope these new fans can appreciate Southpaw Grammar at some point.

I'm a new fan too and I haven't learned to appreciate Southpaw. :o Viva Hate is a great start, it was one of my first finds (after the dreaded compliations and ROTT).

I'm a new fan too and I haven't learned to appreciate Southpaw. :o Viva Hate is a great start, it was one of my first finds (after the dreaded compliations and ROTT).

I'm probably considered a new fan by most. I got into Morrissey when YATQ was released, but knew who the Smiths were because of me dad. Viva Hate was my first. I picked up a mint vinyl LP copy at Preston market in 2004.

Tags
southpaw=beast the lulz
Back
Top Bottom