Hey Londoners!!!

Bona Drag

whore in retirement
Could you suggest any club/bar in your city where they play this kind of stuff?:

Fugazi+Sonic Youth+Minutemen+The Fall+Liars+GarageRock+The Cramps+ New York Dolls+Iggy Pop+... well... you get the picture. :guitar:

Thanks in advance :)

Bona Drag (Whore In Retirement)

Thanks Kewpie.

It doen't seem to be a club night where they actually play like... Should I say Real-Punk-Music?

Isn't it London like the best place to get that kind of night?
I've lived here for three years now and still I can get no... er..... satisfaction:p

Could you suggest any club/bar in your city where they play this kind of stuff?:

Fugazi+Sonic Youth+Minutemen+The Fall+Liars+GarageRock+The Cramps+ New York Dolls+Iggy Pop+... well... you get the picture. :guitar:

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried The Bar on Hanway Street, or Bardens Boudoir in Hackney?

Hey JukeBox Jury... I've been in Manchester a couple of times. Love it.

I hanged out there the night of Morrissey's come back in the MEN Arena. A night to remember. ;)

Cheers.

May not do it any more but The Bar used to have an alternate/punk type night mid-week. Bardens Boudoir is the sort of venue I imagine might have a night such as this. The Albany Pub at Great Portland Street tube has various nights which aren't very well publicised. Obvious other places could be The Garage at Highbury & Islington (if you're under 20!) or midweek at The Roxy (off Oxford St, big with the after-work crowd).

Excellent!! Thanks a lot ZeldaZonk.

I'm definetely having a go to those places.

Thanks again guys. Appreciated. ;)

May not do it any more but The Bar used to have an alternate/punk type night mid-week. Bardens Boudoir is the sort of venue I imagine might have a night such as this. The Albany Pub at Great Portland Street tube has various nights which aren't very well publicised. Obvious other places could be The Garage at Highbury & Islington (if you're under 20!) or midweek at The Roxy (off Oxford St, big with the after-work crowd).

Metro bar across the road from Roxy (on Oxford street) has been know to knock out a good set list from time to time.

Other than that London is pretty poor nowadays for that kind of music, JJ i right move to Manchester!

Go on.....

What d'you mean? If you like proper punk (not meaning to sound like an elitist) then London punk is great. There's about 3 gigs a week, and there's a lot of London bands who play like, every week.

Moral Dilemma, Active Slaughter, Defcon Zero, Rabies Babies, Bug Central, Headjam, Armed Response Unit, The Kadt, Short Bus Window Lickers, Inner Terrestrials and there's more but that's off the top of my head.

Oh, and our greatest and only export to the mainstream - The King Blues. I have friends who've been to parties and squatted with them and stuff. They're in the process of selling out, though. :(

Oh... I go to gigs all the time. All kind of gigs.

I'm just looking for a bar/club to hang out, dance and meet new people.

I'm actually more into the american hardcore side... But I'll check those band you named.

Cheers.

Oh... I go to gigs all the time. All kind of gigs.

I'm just looking for a bar/club to hang out, dance and meet new people.

I'm actually more into the american hardcore side... But I'll check those band you named.

Cheers.

Fair enough. I love American hardcore too, whenever one of the old school 80s bands comes and plays over here it's mental, we've had MDC, Negative Approach and Adolescents this year. I like supporting the local scene though.

EDIT: As a place to hang out basically everyone who likes punk in London go's to All Ages Records. Obviously not the same as a bar or club, but just for meeting people and stuff it's great. And it's the only punk shop in London. :guitar:

Last edited:
Hi MunchyBrain.

All Ages Records? never heard of this shop but I would definetely check it out. I'm a sort of a vinyl addict myself.

Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom