'How Soon Is Now' Various Artists Compilation Album

Jukebox Jury

Retired
OK, this is few years old (and I'm sure I'll be Kewpie'd and given a link to check out:D) but I was in Fopp Records, Manchester this morning and they had a few copies of the above album with different artists covering various Smiths songs - at the fab price of £3.

Does anyone have this? Is it worth the 3 quid.... or should I just get a bottle of wine for £2.99 from the local Co-Op instead. Or should I get both?:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Is it the Punkish covers one, with covers by Hundred Reasons, Million Dead etc? If so I'd say I wouldn't really recommend it, the cover of Girlfriend in a Coma is especially awful.

If I was you I'd buy 2 bottles of cheap wine..

This cut 'n' pasted from Passionsjustlikemine:

"How Soon Is Now"
Sorepoint Records 2004 (UK; SORE008CD)
Rykodisc Records 2004 (USA; RCD 10697)

Compilation of covers by emo bands. A 2-track white vinyl 7" single featuring the Walter Walter and Garrison covers from this cd was also released.

"Girlfriend In A Coma" - Million Dead
"How Soon Is now?" - Hundred Reasons
"Frankly, Mr Shankly" - Cursive
"Panic" - Garrison
"Death Of A Disco Dancer" - Yourcodenameis:Milo
"Bigmouth Strikes Again" - Read Yellow
"Ask" - Walter Walter
"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" - My Awesome Compilation
"Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" - Instruction
"Shoplifers Of The World Unite" - This Girl
"Handsome Devil" - Lomax
"Cemetry Gates" - The Beautiful Mistake

Jukebox Jury

yeah i got that one

for £3 i say get it - whenever these songs turn up on a shuffle i tend to listen to them - some of them are alright. Some of them however, are very hard to like. But if there is room on your cd rack / ipod i say get it.

And a bottle of plonk.

yeah i got that one

for £3 i say get it - whenever these songs turn up on a shuffle i tend to listen to them - some of them are alright. Some of them however, are very hard to like. But if there is room on your cd rack / ipod i say get it.

And a bottle of plonk.

Going once, going twice.... SOLD, to the man from Giddy London!

Jukebox Jury

Got it, £3 (that's what I bought mine for:p) is OK but the covers are horrible, I mean even by The Smiths covers' standard!
:)

The Marilyn Manson style cover of 'Handsome Devil' by some lunatics calling themselves Lomax is hilarious. Hundred Reasons' version of 'How Soon is Now' is tolerable. Otherwise, nah.

Back
Top Bottom