i met gary day...

Re: hmmmm

Deano had a younger air about him, but at the time I wondered if he actually was.

I laughed because I know this is a clever quip, but could you explain it for my out-of-touch-with-American-culture-brain, por favor?

Oh, god - I can't believe I'm going to explain who Kathy Lee Gifford is on Morrissey-solo. Only for you, Leer, only for you. ;)

Gifford was an American sweetheart-style, smarmy co-host of a morning live program with Regis Philbin (Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?). She had a predilection for telling cloying anecdotes about her wunderkind and belting out show tunes. I guess Dean played on one of her albums which, I would wager, made the Carpenters sound like Norwegian death metal in comparison.

She owned a clothing line that was later found to have utilized Central American sweat shops, apparently unbeknownst to her. Not a surprise, but it was a big blow to her image and she left the limelight shortly after.

No offense intended to any closet Kathy Lee Gifford fans here. :)

Cheers,
Jamie

That's it. I'm outta here. f*** you cruel people. :p

I'm kidding. I'm still here. Besides, I'm a Kelly fan.

Wow, thanks. You'll never get those 5 minutes back, you know.

I do now recall KLG from the 90s but didn't realize Deano had drummed on one of her albums. I understand the concept of session musicians and all, but oi vey...

In fact, that would make a good thread: most embarrassing or oddest projects Moz collaborators have been involved in.

Cheers.

Oh, god - I can't believe I'm going to explain who Kathy Lee Gifford is on Morrissey-solo. Only for you, Leer, only for you. ;)

Gifford was an American sweetheart-style, smarmy co-host of a morning live program with Regis Philbin (Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?). She had a predilection for telling cloying anecdotes about her wunderkind and belting out show tunes. I guess Dean played on one of her albums which, I would wager, made the Carpenters sound like Norwegian death metal in comparison.

She owned a clothing line that was later found to have utilized Central American sweat shops, apparently unbeknownst to her. Not a surprise, but it was a big blow to her image and she left the limelight shortly after.

Cheers,
Jamie

Cheers,
Jamie

I think shes hosts certain segments of the Today Show now! we'll never get rid of her!! :cool::(

Back
Top Bottom