Identification of Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net

TTY: Identification

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140803_01

3 August 2014

3 August 2014 / identification

It is understood that the music venue security officer who is harassing Morrissey also uses the name Brad HawkSteyn, and is known online as Springy.

I don't even know where to begin in addressing why this update is problematic. I can't see how it won't end up backfiring horribly.

Well indeed, and tens, nay hundreds of thousands of people would have been none the wiser had not Moz posted that info. What on earth do you think HE was thinking? Moz is in deep, deep, trouble.

He's not in any trouble -- he just doesn't give a shit.

Well indeed, and tens, nay hundreds of thousands of people would have been none the wiser had not Moz posted that info. What on earth do you think HE was thinking? Moz is in deep, deep, trouble.

Oh f*** off. The minute homie walked into an attorney's office and decided to SUE A PUBLIC FIGURE is the moment Steyn sold his facebook soul to the devil. Get over your gossipy self.

No, my point is that many, many, many people would have been none the wiser had not Moz posted the info. Why should we care? We shouldn't. Unless you want to do Moz's bdding.

I don't know. Maybe the logic makes sense to you but I'm just not seeing it. No one can post anything to the page. No one can see his personal details. Other than read a public web page what "bidding" is there to do?

Yes, his security settings are his fault.

Thousands or millions of people who didn't just accuse a celebrity of wanting to harm a fan. Do you not see a difference there?

Yeah, Steyn has probably f***ed up. If the story is complete fantasy (which it most likely is, IMO) then he's obviously greedy and selfish and a liar. This isn't about whether Moz's posting is illegal, or whether it was justified (you mention Steyn's 'crimes' presumably in order to demonstrate that this is much worse than simply posting a link to someone's Facebook on a fan site). That's not the point; It could harm Moz and looks a bit desperate to me!

And this could certainly lead to an assassination of Morrissey's character if there was ever some sort of court case. How are people expected to believe that the story is fantasy if he's very prepared to post links to personal Facebook pages with titles like 'Identity'. Steyn would probably milk that all the way to the bank!

Last edited:
I only worry because there are some absolute crazies out there who could see this link and then go for blood. I'm thinking about people who are obsessed with celebs to the point of insanity (like the guy who stalked Sandra Bullock and was found inside her house!). I am hoping this doesn't bite anyone on the butt because I can see a "larger picture" here. Personally, if I was involved in any kind of legal ordeal with a celeb and I found that she/he had linked my FB account (public or private) on a fansite, I'd be thoroughly confused and slightly worried.

I love Moz. I don't want anyone to make the wrong move here.

Yeah, Steyn has probably f***ed up. If the story is complete fantasy (which it most likely is, IMO) then he's obviously greedy and selfish and a liar. This isn't about whether Moz's posting is illegal, or whether it was justified (you mention Steyn's 'crimes' presumably in order to demonstrate that this is much worse than simply posting a link to his Facebook on a fan site. That's not the point; It could harm Moz and looks a bit desperate to me!

I didn't mention any crime. I mentioned he accused a celebrity of wanting to hurt a fan. There's no crime in that. Even if it's a money grab on his part (as I personally believe), that's not a crime. It may be something that he could be sued for for damages or whatever but this is all civil stuff not criminal. Making a police claim someone did something is technically a crime (providing false statements to the police) but nothing ever happens with that stuff.

Oh f*** off. The minute homie walked into an attorney's office and decided to SUE A PUBLIC FIGURE is the moment Steyn sold his facebook soul to the devil. Get over your gossipy self.

Security is what he does for a living and he didn't have the foresight to change his settings? Bradley isn't very well-versed in his very own line of work.

I only worry because there are some absolute crazies out there who could see this link and then go for blood. I'm thinking about people who are obsessed with celebs to the point of insanity (like the guy who stalked Sandra Bullock and was found inside her house!). I am hoping this doesn't bite anyone on the butt because I can see a "larger picture" here. Personally, if I was involved in any kind of legal ordeal with a celeb and I found that she/he had linked my FB account (public or private) on a fansite, I'd be thoroughly confused and slightly worried.

I didn't see much concern for David's safety when Morrissey called him out in his statement. But yes, your concern is the same I have. Crazy people doing crazy thing in some celebrities name.

I didn't mention any crime. I mentioned he accused a celebrity of wanting to hurt a fan. There's no crime in that. Even if it's a money grab on his part (as I personally believe), that's not a crime. It may be something that he could be sued for for damages or whatever but this is all civil stuff not criminal. Making a police claim someone did something is technically a crime (providing false statements to the police) but nothing ever happens with that stuff.

I put 'crimes' in inverted commas, I didn't literally mean crimes. 'Acts' would probably have been a better word.

mountain-molehill.jpg

He just said "It is understood," there's nothing incriminating here or suggesting we go get him. He's saying this is the full name and nick name of the guy who attacked me in case you want to check out the credibility of my attacker. He probably wants us to note the bacon pics and cartoons of Donald Duck festively slicing turkey to show, "Yeah, this guy has a history of being a Morrissey Camp Troll."

Yeah, he just had this information posted so people could send him a Christmas card much easier...totally innocent.

When something like this happens, the first thing that any good lawyer will tell you, is to, "not say or do anything" because what you say or do can be used against you. Posting statements or sharing information is just foolish. Let your lawyers handle this Morrissey!

So wouldn't you think since "Celebrity Security" is his line of work, Steyn would have known better than to keep a profile public after accusing Morrissey of criminal solicitation?

So wouldn't you think since "Celebrity Security" is his line of work, Steyn would have known better than to keep a profile public after accusing Morrissey of criminal solicitation?

What is WRONG with you? You are trying to give justification to Morrissey pointing out someone to his fans who otherwise wouldn't have had the faintest idea where to go to give someone a load of shit who Morrissey doesn't like. Why are you even trying to justify this?

What is WRONG with you? You are trying to give justification to Morrissey pointing out someone to his fans who otherwise wouldn't have had the faintest idea where to go to give someone a load of shit who Morrissey doesn't like. Why are you even trying to justify this?

Once again, I haven't justified what Moz did. I said it wasn't actionable and I said considering he does security for a living, Steyn was stupid for keeping his profile public.

Here's the deal Uncle, if you'd read the posts right the first time we wouldn't have to communicate because I wouldn't have to explain them to you. I'm starting to think you have a crush on me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom