IPC should hand Conor his P45 today

It seems to me that Morrissey only ever gave the NME a second chance for romantic reasons. They know how important Morrissey is but they failed to understand Morrissey. They were clouded by jealousy. It was simply a couple of twats trying to take out the dominant male, in a pathetic attempt to gain notoriety and boost sales.

This may work for the short term. After that, what will the knock on effect be of serious artists speaking with them? Why take the risk? The NME ceased to be important many years ago and now Conner is putting the old cow out of it's misery. Time for the knackers yard is long overdue. Artists should be petitioned to not speak to the NME, or at least be warned of the dangers. The NME website is their only hope of staying in business, so I for one will avoid visting it.

I don't feel the need to debate if Morrissey is racist or not. Certainly not on this forum. You already know. We already know where he stands. We have been listening to his songs, his comments at concerts and reading his interviews for however long. At 37 year old. Half of my life has been dedicated to the very subject. It's about time the media picked up on it. I hope they are quick enough to cut and paste from Morrissey's statement in the same manner they have with NME's twisted words. They wont though to any great degree. We know that too. We will have to debate with people who have heard or read the NME spin on Morrissey's views and give them education in reverse.

Tim Jonze has proved over the last few days just what a fanny he is. He isn't worth writing a full paragraph on. He will do well at the NME during its dying days.

I feel 'Love Music Hate Racism' comment on this issue and distance themselves from the NME. They should go further and acknowledge not only is Morrissey not racist but that the NME used racism to sell their magazine. Shame on them. Shame on everybody at NME who remains silent.

It is understandable that IPC would defend writs technically served against them. It is them it will cost and damage. Their lawyers are going to find it harder to prove NME's portrayal of Morrissey was anything like fair or accurate. They'd have more chance proving David Irving should be awarded the nobel peace prize. IPC should hand Conor his P45 today. Pressure should be put on IPC to act quickly and firmly, or some of the shit will stick to them. I suggest we put pressure on them by boycotting their products and Time Warner products until Coner is sacked shortly after making an apology to Morrissey. IPC should donate a huge sum to 'Love Music Hate Racism' as a goodwill gesture. They will also have to redress the balance to the damage their vile article has caused to Morrissey in the various ways. Personally and professionally.

Boycott List:
25 Beautiful Homes
25 Beautiful Kitchens
4x4 Magazine
Aeroplane
Amateur Gardening
Amateur Photographer
Angler's Mail
Cage & Aviary Birds
Caravan
Chat
Chat - It's Fate
Chat Passion
Classic Boat
Country Homes & Interiors
Country Life
Cycle Sport
Cycling Weekly
Decanter
Essentials
European Boatbuilder
Eventing
Golf Monthly
GoodtoKnow
Guitar & Bass
Hair
Hi-Fi News
Homes & Gardens
Horse
Horse & Hound
housetohome.co.uk
IBI
Ideal Home
In Style
Land Rover World
Livingetc
Loaded
Look
Marie Claire
MiniWorld
Model Collector
Motor Boat & Yachting
Motor Boats Monthly
Motor Caravan
Mountain Bike Rider (MBR)
myholidayideas.co.uk
NME
Now
Nuts
Park Home & Holiday Caravan
Pick Me Up
Practical Boat Owner
Practical Parenting
Prediction
Racecar Engineering
Rugby World
Ships Monthly
Shoot
Shooting Times & Country Magazine
Shootinguk.co.uk
Soaplife
Sporting Gun
Stamp Magazine
SuperBike Magazine
The Field
The Railway Magazine
The Shooting Gazette
TrustedReviews.com
TV & Satellite Week
TV easy
TVTimes
Uncut
Volkswagen GOLF+
VolksWorld
Wallpaper*
Web User
Wedding
Wedding Flowers
What Digital Camera
What's on TV
Woman
woman&home
Woman’s Own
Woman’s Weekly
World Soccer
Yachting Monthly
Yachting World
YBW.com

http://www.ipcmedia.com/press/contacts/

Agreed 100%, Conor needs to be summarily dismissed STAT. He crossed the line from Editor-In-Chief to Director-of-Content, and he took on the wrong man in doing so. He's a failure, and he should starve in the streets before being given a job even writing the daily specials on a restaurant's chalkboard sign.

Agreed 100%, Conor needs to be summarily dismissed STAT. He crossed the line from Editor-In-Chief to Director-of-Content, and he took on the wrong man in doing so. He's a failure, and he should starve in the streets before being given a job even writing the daily specials on a restaurant's chalkboard sign.

Please put pressure on IPC to make this decision. I've began by sending this email to Coner and cc'd Rosemary Drynan, communications project manager at The blue fin building.

NME contact details:

Address: The Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU
Reception - Tel: 08704 445000
E-mail: [email protected]
Personal e-mail: [email protected]

Subject: Morrissey v's NME
Date: 04/12/2007
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Hi Coner,

I plan to boycotting all IPC magazines and Time Warner products until you either resign or your contract is terminated, over your attempt to portray Morrissey as racist.

In the meantime I will petition IPC media and Time Warner to terminate your contract and will encourage my peers to do likewise.

This will continue until you fulfil the requirements already made clear to you by Russells solicitors on behalf of Morrissey.

No matter what happens. I will never buy NME ever again.

Regards,
Hugh Clark
West Lothian

does this mean i have to cancel my subscription to Yachting Monthly? :(

Yes, nugzie, no yachting until Morrissey receives a just apology. ;)

Me? I'm going to go without... Jesus, find something on that boring list that an evil old sodomite can give up. (?)

I only saw NUTS after the second post, damn it.

Last edited:
Wait... I won't SHOOT until Morrissey receives hit just due.

(Oh who am I kidding... I just did.)

Hmmm.

*sits back and comfortably flips through current edition of Dwell Magazine*

There's also one called UNCUT, which I suspect has nothing to do with my general interests. FALSE ADVERTISING and DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. Wait... does Morrissey have any character? He claims he's just himself, so I guess...

Oh Lord, I think I've reached the maximum absorption rate for vodka.

Can someone can blood test over here sooner than immediately?

There's also one called UNCUT, which I suspect has nothing to do with my general interests. FALSE ADVERTISING and DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. Wait... does Morrissey have any character? He claims he's just himself, so I guess...

Oh Lord, I think I've reached the maximum absorption rate for vodka.

Can someone can blood test over here sooner than immediately?

your grammar is slipping, you're flagged!!!

hugh i just sent them a very similar email , i think we should all be doing this ...

isnt there a press complains commission as well ?

I checked out their website and it seems magazine must follow a code of practise. Gotcha!

Next we need to make the complaint and as it says on their website, it couldn't be easier.

http://www.pcc.org.uk/index2.html

It is such a pity the NME refused to speak to me each time I called to complain. Right from day one. Well, day two for Londoners. Using their handy mailbox number, where all you need do if they don't answer, is spell the surname of the person that you wish to speak to. Each time I called, right from the first call. When I said I wanted to complain regarding the article on Morrissey in this weeks NME, they'd hang up. I called back to explain we had accidently been cut off, they'd hang up. If I persisted they'd refuse to speak. Just leave the phone on the desk unattended. I heard one guy say, oh just another Morrissey fan. So, I sung The more you ignore me mixed with journalists who lie. His PA did speak to me once when I got through direct using Coner's mail box number. She refused to pass me to him but said her job was to decide what should be done with my issue and that included possibly passing it to him. I told her I had some questions I needed answered and that I wish to complain about the article and front page. She made no comment to question one. I asked several times if she had written it down. Each time she replied, go on. Question 3 to 5 were only even said due to my persistance. By question 3 she just kept repeating I HAD to put my complaint in writing to the letters page and was not an issue she would pass on to anybody before politely telling me she was going to hang up. I didn't want to write to their letters page. I had a very serious complaint and by the way I was being treating when attempting to complain by phone was shocking. My trust in them was near zero before I called. Why would I write a letter for their bin? You can just imagine the letters that will be printed this week. Poor Coner's wrist will be soar.

Anyway. She is right. vivabob is right too. WE ALL NEED TO PUT OUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING to http://www.pcc.org.uk/index2.html

:eek: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow down there, guys! I love me some Moz as much as the next mildly-obsessive fan...but nothing comes between me and the monthly joy that I get from European Boatbuilder! :rolleyes:
I just can't get enough. Good stuff! :D
ebbcov_jul05.jpg

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow down there, guys! I love me some Moz as much as the next mildly-obsessive fan...but nothing comes between me and the monthly joy that I get from European Boatbuilder! :rolleyes:
I just can't get enough. Good stuff! :D
ebbcov_jul05.jpg

Canadian Boatbuilder is SO much better. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom