Is the coloured vinyl edition of the Queen is dead rare?

sistasheila

tjekket
or is it commom-avaiáble both in black and grren usually these coloured vinyls are avaiable in limited edition

actually not really rare, you found the green version easily in record stores and on records fairs here in germany, after everyone is registered on ebay, its a little bit more difficult to find it in stores.

I bought a green vinyl when the album came out in 1986.

Last edited:
Last German green vinyl sold on eBay for $27.00. Seems a bit low. I thought it should be more 'round $40.

There were large quantities of all the German colored vinyls pressed, with the exception of the first album promo splattered vinyl, and the colored vinyl Sandie Shaw Hand In Glove 12" which seems the hardest of the commercial colored vinyls to find.

Whats harder to find are the German black vinyl pressings of the releases that were pressed in colored vinyl. Black Panic instead of blue, black Some Girls instead of orange, etc.

i also found online:..
the portugese version who comes in pink colour

stephane, this informations wasnt listed on your site...if you like add it it:)
avaiable as well in black as in pink but how rare the pink vinyl actually is-i dont know...

stephane, this informations wasnt listed on your site...if you like add it it:)
avaiable as well in black as in pink but how rare the pink vinyl actually is-i dont know...

It's not listed because it's a bootleg.

I think I'm going to have to mention that these are bootlegs in the discographies because I keep getting emails about them. But then at the rate these are coming out, i don't know if I want to fill the discographies with that much info of the sort.

I have to admit I'm amazed at how much people are spending for these things. In a few years when the buzz has come down, they are all going to be stuck with records they won't be able to sell back for the money they paid.

Meanwhile there are still great deals to be had on Ebay and elsewhere on the internet, on items that are just not as good on the eye.

Stephane

i actually dont have the queen on lp
only on cd
so sooner or later i would havebought thip any way and 15 euro is not much i think...

stephane one more question
but i make a new thread anyway cause im not sure that you will look up into this thread
but i heard that portugese lp prsseing are of a bad quality soundwise...is that right (accordint to my local record dealer)

if someone else know that ..please help

Last German green vinyl sold on eBay for $27.00. Seems a bit low. I thought it should be more 'round $40.

There were large quantities of all the German colored vinyls pressed, with the exception of the first album promo splattered vinyl, and the colored vinyl Sandie Shaw Hand In Glove 12" which seems the hardest of the commercial colored vinyls to find.

Whats harder to find are the German black vinyl pressings of the releases that were pressed in colored vinyl. Black Panic instead of blue, black Some Girls instead of orange, etc.

Yes, I bought Ask (12" German) in black vinyl more expensive than the clear one and I often see it but rarely the first one.

@ Stephane:

First to say, how much i appreciate your Page for many years! :D
Well, I would ask you at this point for a clear "pressed" Bootlist as you got several years before. (about 2000) The actually list are full of homemade burned stuff (Iam very surprised to find some art of my own, especially a cover I made with a picture of my ex girlfriend ;))

Anyway, back to toppic: I think it would be very helpful to inform about the "colored bootlegs" on your page, to help collectors to tear original stuff apart from boots.

By myself I was very confused to find a bunch of colored "First Albums" at a record store (SisterRay?) in London...

Well, I would ask you at this point for a clear "pressed" Bootlist as you got several years before. The actually list are full of homemade burned stuff

The way the bootleg list is organised now represents the bootleg situation of today. There aren't many factory-pressed bootlegs released anymore, the scene is all fanmade now, and internet trading. I also don't understand why some people are only interested in factory pressed bootlegs. The only difference is in the packaging, and the packaging or even the artwork has nothing to do with Morrissey and the Smiths.

Also nowadays, for most factory pressed bootlegs out there you'll find a better recording of the same concert on fanmade bootlegs or on the internet. And sticking to factory pressed means you miss out on many great recordings in circulation.

For every person who collects bootlegs for the packaging, you'll get 100 or more people collecting for the content, so the way the list is organised now is more helpful to the majority.

Asking me to make a sub-list of only factory pressed bootlegs is like asking me a put together a discography of vinyl and cassettes only. I guess what I could do is add a '*' beside each title that is factory pressed in the bootlegs-by-title lists.

I think it would be very helpful to inform about the "colored bootlegs" on your page, to help collectors to tear original stuff apart from boots.

That's already done. If you check the entries for "The Smiths", "Meat Is Murder" and "The Queen Is Dead" in the discography, you'll find a note mentioning the coloured vinyl. I cannot list those with the live bootlegs because I can't attach these to live dates.

Thanks for the comments!
Stephane

@ Stephane:
Thanx for answering :D
Well, I love your Bootlist from about 2000 or so.There are several informations on there, I miss today... Ok, nowadays there are more fanmade releases, but for me it would be very helpful to be informed about pressed issues (a "*" is a good way), as fanmade, especially mp3 stuff ,confuses me to much for collecting ;). I keep some of them on storage, sure, but without any titles, only the dates...

Several years ago, at a time without sharingplaces in the web, I was also busy in collecting homemade stuff and trade with others. (some of the listed titles in your list are made by myself at that time) Nowadays I collect pressed stuff "for collecting" and video Stuff for pleasure :D

I think some other collectors would be pleased too, to get their eyes on a "pressed" list for information?

THX for all your work!

Mayo

PS: Just visited your page and just want to notice, that the yellow and red "First-Album" where still released in 2006. I went to London at May 2006 and SisterRay was full of this stuff ;)

Last edited:
Mayo (and anyone else interested),

I made a few changes following your suggestions. The factory-pressed bootlegs in the lists by title are now in italic. I did this a bit quickly and off the top of my head, so there might be a few mistakes. If you see anything wrong, please let me know.

thanks,
Stephane

I made a few changes following your suggestions. The factory-pressed bootlegs in the lists by title are now in italic. I did this a bit quickly and off the top of my head, so there might be a few mistakes. If you see anything wrong, please let me know.

thanks,
Stephane

Thanks a lot Stephane!! I really appreciate your work! For years!

thanks,
Stephane

Thanks a lot Stephane!! I really appreciate your work! For years!

PS: Just remembering with a smile some times ago, as I visit your page after a longer time of abstinence and found the "Any Questions" Artwork, which shows my ex-girlfriend. What a fun as she proudly noticed, that she was famous now... :D

Back
Top Bottom