Johnny Marr 2024 UK Tour

Possibly because everyone has their own personal opinion on everything. The Marr Orchestral gig I went to in Manchester was the best gig I have seen for years and I go to a lot of gigs.
I know, I just wish I could see what they are seeing. I see god awful dad rock at its most cringiest. Oh well, Johnny is making $$ so good for him.

We're never going to get the Smiths back. When Johnny plays the Smiths, it is complete for me and a lot of other people. 3,500,000 views strong!

It’s great to hear the music played as it was meant to be. His vocals are getting better too, but Morrissey he’ll never be.

Last edited:
I know, I just wish I could see what they are seeing. I see god awful dad rock at its most cringiest. Oh well, Johnny is making $$ so good for him.

maybe you need to be dad, or aspire to be one?

Someone told me Morrissey was "cheesy", and a few others don't understand how I could like him. But here we are.

Someone told me Morrissey was "cheesy", and a few others don't understand how I could like him. But here we are.
Isn't any pop singer over a certain age slightly 'cheesy'? Pop music ultimately is for the young. Although you are as young, or old, as you feel.

Hence I said 'I wish I could see it.'

"Johnny Marr, the iconic guitarist and founding member of The Smiths, graced the stage of Rock City in Nottingham on Sunday, April 14th, captivating audiences as part of his electrifying “The Spirit of Power” tour. The evening was a celebration of music, brimming with joy, emotion, and radiant energy."

"Four decades after The Smiths' debut album was unleashed onto an eager and receptive Britain and a full decade after he began his solo career in earnest, Johnny Marr is headlining Hammersmith. It's a career highlight for any artist and only serves to complete the guitarist's metamorphosis into an accomplished frontman."

"Four decades after The Smiths' debut album was unleashed onto an eager and receptive Britain and a full decade after he began his solo career in earnest, Johnny Marr is headlining Hammersmith. It's a career highlight for any artist and only serves to complete the guitarist's metamorphosis into an accomplished frontman."

Johnny is one of the most inventive, melodic guitar players and writers of all time. He's my favourite guitarist by a mile.

However, a front man he most certainly isn't. I couldn't think of anything worse that seeing him pub sing Morrissey's melodies and lyrics

Johnny is one of the most inventive, melodic guitar players and writers of all time. He's my favourite guitarist by a mile.

However, a front man he most certainly isn't. I couldn't think of anything worse that seeing him pub sing Morrissey's melodies and lyrics

When did you last see him live? I think he's amazing, very charismatic.

Back
Top Bottom