Kig Live: Jakarta now cancelled (November 10, 2023)

Screenshot_20231110-223501.png
Screenshot_20231110-224005.png

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
I just don't think we should assume that this is something to do with ill health. Moz has spent his entire life doing what he wants to do. Simple as.
If he does go out on the town with Noel any time soon though, I think Moz will be the one expected to bring his credit card...

one incident is not a lifestyle choice.

I just don't think we should assume that this is something to do with ill health. Moz has spent his entire life doing what he wants to do. Simple as.
If he does go out on the town with Noel any time soon though, I think Moz will be the one expected to bring his credit card...

I've always assumed the cancellations happen when there's just too much going wrong at a particular time and the vibe gets too dented. Maybe Cammie appearing at his door on crutches was the last straw.

Bit of a coincidence about Noel's settlement holiday. His quip about going out on the lash with a just gig-cancelled Moz will forever cast suspicions. When Cam put up her foot X-ray I was already expecting to see a reflection of Noel in the background waving a six-pack.

I'm out of practice with cancelled Morrissey concerts because of how rarely he comes here. In the scheme of things it's not that big a deal. Plenty of other shit happening in the world that makes this pretty damn small.
Aint that the truth.

I've always assumed the cancellations happen when there's just too much going wrong at a particular time and the vibe gets too dented. Maybe Cammie appearing at his door on crutches was the last straw.

Bit of a coincidence about Noel's settlement holiday. His quip about going out on the lash with a just gig-cancelled Moz will forever cast suspicions. When Cam put up her foot X-ray I was already expecting to see a reflection of Noel in the background waving a six-pack.
“I was already expecting to see a reflection of Noel in the background waving a six-pack.”

Of Smirnoff.

Otherwise, I had a similar image.

Tobias no doubt putting Camilla up to posting overload, so the masses fall for it as is normal. The he can do no wrong brigade are out in force, Collins, Price and the rest, it’s always the same people out to defend him no matter how poor his decisions and comments are. He takes the piss out of his fans. Many have stood by him in-spite of his antics over the year, and his lies, but many are starting to see him for what he’s become.
sad 😵‍💫

Not again. Christ al-f***ing-mighty. This is never ending. Very annoying for those left waiting and wondering whether to book transport and hotels. He simply doesn't give a f***, does he.

I was checking the ticket links to this show a few days ago when the other cancelations were happening and it would go to a page that said there isn't anything here, or something like that. So, it appears they knew a few days ago and stopped selling tickets.
I guess maybe for the other shows, try that and see what happens?
Tokyo show sold out fast...all tokyo shows do for everything

Didn't I predict that Morrissey's untested, inexperienced Teen-Hipster-Band would bring him, and all the rest of us, nothing but grief? Musical director Jesse has failed miserably. It's ultimately Morrissey's fault for not keeping the experienced tour-tested band that he had in place not so long ago. Amazing foolishness. Expect more!
Teen? The youngest is 30 odd and two of them are around 50!

Not again. Christ al-f***ing-mighty. This is never ending. Very annoying for those left waiting and wondering whether to book transport and hotels. He simply doesn't give a f***, does he.

No. He does not.

He seems not to be responsive the medicine (fans increasingly reluctant to take the risk of committing). But perhaps a bit reductive to say he ‘doesn’t give a f***’:

“A sick boy should be treated
So easily defeated
Oh, I just don't understand”.

But yes, let’s say resignation is his response to minor things going wrong. Most people aren’t because we’re more exposed to grave consequences—not for any transcendent reason.

I’m never travelling to see him again. I can live with it, I think. And it’s glaringly obvious that he can. 🤷🏻

On reflection. Your summation works.

gidday (mate)

can I suggest a few songs for consideration when (and if) returning to the lands down under, since it's like a treat for those of us who get these opportunities once in a blue moon to hear the live rendition of some of the 'classics'...

please humour me...

panic!
last of the famous
there is a light
that song from education in reverse.
ask

actually, I think there is a light would be an unexpected delight..

I watched The Killer and it ended credits with that. Didn't do the song justice but anyhow...

hope you're well..bunny says hello
and don't be scared...cos it's all a dream and ya spose to be having fun otherwise you're doing it wrong.

long long live love

Morrissey's songs rely very little on keyboards, so if Camille's foot really was the problem, any professional musician could learn her parts in two days. Plus the setlist could be built so, that keyboards feature on fewer songs than normal. It's exatly not like Chris Lowe being unable to play. But Moz is as Moz does, and it's all going to Hell in a handbasket.

Totally agree. This is nothing to do with Camilla's foot.
If I were a betting man I would put money on the Australian shows going ahead. My guess is the cancellations have been mostly driven by set transport costs, exorbitant post-pandemic, and poor ticket sales that have made the transport costs simply not worthwhile.

I'm thinking along the same lines. It's very possible the way things are done of late that these shows were hastily planned and not properly thought out. Now the reality is they are not profitable and thus the cancelations we're seeing.

If illness were the reason why not say that? He has before. It would certainly garner more understanding and sympathy than these non-reasons.

They'd make big money in Tokyo. Sold out show. 3000 people. But it will be cancelled.

His health was perfectly fine for the US gigs.

I'm thinking along the same lines. It's very possible the way things are done of late that these shows were hastily planned and not properly thought out. Now the reality is they are not profitable and thus the cancelations we're seeing.
If illness were the reason why not say that? He has before. It would certainly garner more understanding and sympathy than these non-reasons.

That's what I thought too. There are certain regions from which offers came. He accepted them because it flattered him and in the end nothing (except the UK & USA) turned out to be lucrative and feasible. As far as I remember, some of the venues on the French-Belgian tour 2023 were also oversized and not well filled. There is a lack of an organising hand, that knows the business and can tell him (if this is even possible) what to do. Don't rent the Mercedes Benz Arena in Berlin with 12,000 seats (as with the cancelled 2018 summer tour)!

Morrissey's songs rely very little on keyboards, so if Camille's foot really was the problem, any professional musician could learn her parts in two days. Plus the setlist could be built so, that keyboards feature on fewer songs than normal. It's exatly not like Chris Lowe being unable to play.

But Moz is as Moz does, and it's all going to Hell in a handbasket.

That’s fine. Damon will carry it. ;)

Totally agree. This is nothing to do with Camilla's foot.
If I were a betting man I would put money on the Australian shows going ahead. My guess is the cancellations have been mostly driven by set transport costs, exorbitant post-pandemic, and poor ticket sales that have made the transport costs simply not worthwhile.
Maybe it's possible that that combination did it this time. But still the dates in Colombia, Argentina and Peru were sold out in September and in Chile there were few places left. There was demand for a 2nd show in Colombia and the re-scheduled date moved to a bigger venue.Probably only in Mexico and Brazil ticket sales were not fantastic, but still lots of people may have purchased them.

Despite all that, he lied about someone catching dengue and brought the whole leg of the tour down.

Back
Top Bottom