Kig Live: Jakarta now cancelled (November 10, 2023)

Screenshot_20231110-223501.png
Screenshot_20231110-224005.png

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
I think the Australian tour could still go ahead. He has done Australia only tours before, without zigzagging through Asia on his way to Australia. It’s my guess though for nobody knows what’s really happening inside the gated community that we call « camp Morrissey ».

I'm thinking along the same lines. It's very possible the way things are done of late that these shows were hastily planned and not properly thought out. Now the reality is they are not profitable and thus the cancelations we're seeing.

If illness were the reason why not say that? He has before. It would certainly garner more understanding and sympathy than these non-reasons.
Whether he gives a reason or not, outcry like this ensues. Remember the riots over Dengue fever news in Mexico? I'd like to appeal for some 'humanitarian pauses' here too. Photographic evidence of injuries at least has been seen. I feel very sorry for disappointment felt, but if marred, with a ticket for Moz in Oz, can manage a sense of proportion, let the rest of us try too.

I think the Australian tour could still go ahead. He has done Australia only tours before, without zigzagging through Asia on his way to Australia. It’s my guess though for nobody knows what’s really happening inside the gated community that we call « camp Morrissey ».
It feels like Moz himself doesn't know what's going on half the time, let alone the toadies. He's had such a spate of bad luck in recent years that nothing is off the table when it comes to reasons. Have key band members quit (again)? Is it some insurance / travel problem? It is money? Has Damon done a runner? It could be anything but choosing to say nothing makes 'Camp M' look like they couldn't care less.

It feels like Moz himself doesn't know what's going on half the time, let alone the toadies. He's had such a spate of bad luck in recent years that nothing is off the table when it comes to reasons. Have key band members quit (again)? Is it some insurance / travel problem? It is money? Has Damon done a runner? It could be anything but choosing to say nothing makes 'Camp M' look like they couldn't care less.
Yes, cancellations and silence leaves us all to speculate and we know where that gets us don't we? Camilla's now infamous foot pic did not help things one bit. As a current 4 x ticket holder I'll be relieved to hear news either way, good or bad. It's the waiting that's more annoying than the actual answer. Now having said that I realise we may never get an answer.

Gallar🤣

Was is all this ‘M’ about? It’s usually the same peeps referring to him as that. The same peeps who only post positive things or agree with everything ‘M’ says or does. The same ones who give the thumbs up to all SER’s posts as well.
I call him that because it's easier than keep writing his full surname, and I can be highly critical of him and don't interact with SER's posts. But yeh, it seems to be mostly used by those people.

He seems not to be responsive the medicine (fans increasingly reluctant to take the risk of committing). But perhaps a bit reductive to say he ‘doesn’t give a f***’:

“A sick boy should be treated
So easily defeated
Oh, I just don't understand”.

But yes, let’s say resignation is his response to minor things going wrong. Most people aren’t because we’re more exposed to grave consequences—not for any transcendent reason.

I’m never travelling to see him again. I can live with it, I think. And it’s glaringly obvious that he can. 🤷🏻

On reflection. Your summation works.
Unfortunately, I think it does, too. It might sound harsh, but I'm pissed he's shot himself in the foot again. I don't enjoy seeing and hearing all of this like some people who are critical, but it's increasingly obvious he just doesn't care enough anymore despite the fact that we are keeping him in the lifestyle he's accustomed to.

I adore the guy, but he's very troubled, and we all knew that deep down. You can't write songs that are so emotional or deep without being emotionally engaged yourself.

I can appreciate why you wouldn't travel. It's logical after seeing this happening. My reality is that I would still travel within the UK to see multiple shows. I'm aware that makes me idiotic, and I agree with that. Emotion over logic. That might change, however.

Yes, cancellations and silence leaves us all to speculate and we know where that gets us don't we? Camilla's now infamous foot pic did not help things one bit. As a current 4 x ticket holder I'll be relieved to hear news either way, good or bad. It's the waiting that's more annoying than the actual answer. Now having said that I realise we may never get an answer.
Definitely. Like others have said, Camila's injury may have nothing to do with the cancellations but in the absence of any alternative explanation, fans will try to put 2+2 together and that inevitably means some blame lands on her. The fact that the M camp knows that and allows a new band member to become a public scapegoat reflects so poorly and tells you a hell of a lot about the real dynamics behind the 'band of brothers' guff. It's like the CEO of a company blaming the new office temp.

Last edited:
Definitely. Like others have said, Camila's injury may have nothing to do with the cancellations but in the absence of any alternative explanation, fans will try to put 2+2 together and that inevitably means some blame lands on her. The fact that the M camp knows that and allows a new band member to become a public scapegoat reflects so poorly and tells you a hell of a lot about the real dynamics behind the 'band of brothers' guff. It's like the CEO of a company blaming the new office temp.
They do seem to be quite disorganised to say the least.

It's very true. I absolutely support you. People can't waste their time. Morrissey must respect his fans. You're right, uncertainty is what bothers you the most People need to know what to do Moz think about the people who love you because they pay, and I include myself, to see your show!! Moz: Don't let me down, I believe in you

The refund process is a hassle.

Imagine we have to get refunds from the Ticket Organizers from each country of the Asia tour.

Now, I have to visit these countries for holiday instead. Thank you, Morrissey.

mbr.

Last edited:
Morrissey's voice is better than ever. Announce a change to 'all acoustic' and offer refund for fans not happy with that. Then go ahead with the concerts. It's not rocket science. Where there's a will there's a way. Obviously there is no will.
I remember when Nigel Kennedy was injured in Melbourne and couldn't play Vivaldi's Four Seasons as scheduled, only announcing it once he was on stage. Instead he spent the evening playing jazz etc. Some musical snobs walked out but the rest of us just appreciated that he made the effort to turn up and he's passionate about jazz anyway so it was an excellent concert. I mean it's Nigel - who cares what he was playing!

The fact that the M camp knows that and allows a new band member to become a public scapegoat reflects so poorly and tells you a hell of a lot about the real dynamics behind the 'band of brothers' guff.
Do you really think, that such contexts or discussions reach him at all? That is below his radar. All that counts now, is "tickets sold" with which he can produce an "I'm still important" headline on Central. Cancellations, possible logistical troubles, dubious tour managers, popular musicians who simply leave
or personal health problems of younger
musicians in his glorious gang of outsiders are of secondary importance, if at all.

Last edited:
I don't know what importance is placed on the comments on solo in his team - but he has mentioned the fallout from cancellations a few times. He doesn't like it.

… The worst was in June in Boston when I was hospitalised with acute fever. I was delirious for six hours… talking absolute nonsense and unable to stop. I’ve never been so frightened in my life. Then of course you get bitchy comments for having to cancel shows. The hospital actually gave me a heroin-based medication to calm me down. But, so what? I’ve been in so many hospitals lately that there’s hardly any point in me leaving. (Morrissey, Hot Press, 20 August 2014)

I don't know what importance is placed on the comments on solo in his team - but he has mentioned the fallout from cancellations a few times. He doesn't like it.

… The worst was in June in Boston when I was hospitalised with acute fever. I was delirious for six hours… talking absolute nonsense and unable to stop. I’ve never been so frightened in my life. Then of course you get bitchy comments for having to cancel shows. The hospital actually gave me a heroin-based medication to calm me down. But, so what? I’ve been in so many hospitals lately that there’s hardly any point in me leaving. (Morrissey, Hot Press, 20 August 2014)
Which year?

Having continually checked, the same person on X pointing out the venue has removed the Morrissey listing in Japan has posted another 'countdown' to said event - which doesn't really evidence certainty.
So, again, will wait for Live Nation or similar to confirm.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom