"Kristeen Young Makes Amends With Morrissey, Delves Into Film on New EP" - Spinner

"Kristeen Young Makes Amends With Morrissey, Delves Into Film on New EP" - Spinner Canada

Had Kristeen Young written 'It's a Wonderful Life,' hero George Bailey would have wound up with Violet Bick, a character the art-pop songstress hails as a sort of proto-feminist icon on 'V the Volcanic,' the title track from her latest EP.

Comprising seven songs, each written from the perspective of a favorite film character, 'Volcanic' marks the culmination of a decidedly less-than-wonderful stretch in Young's own life. In 2007, an off-color stage remark cost her a job opening for Morrissey, and soon after, she claims, Lady Gaga began copying some of the elaborate costumes she'd designed for her own live shows. (Check out pictures of Young's "bubble dress" and decide for yourself.)

Having emerged from her funk and recently launched a tour that includes residencies in several major cities, Young chatted with Spinner about her love of cinema, repaired relationship with Morrissey and inability to see the sweetness in 'It's a Wonderful Life.'

Excerpt:

Since the incident in 2007, you've made amends with Morrissey right?
Yeah, I'm opening for him in England [on July 8].

His fans tend to be pretty loyal and hold grudges. Are you at all nervous about opening for him again?
People tend to ... I don't even want to get into that. I'm not worried about it. I think the fact that he is having me back on tour makes a statement in itself. I'm not really worried. They've become kinder to me over the past few years. I think time puts things in perspective.

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Kristeen Young Makes Amends With Morrissey, Delves Into Film on New EP"

I agree about the video its Moz by numbers...BUT the songs are good (I think)

You should know, the director of the video is a HUGE Morrissey fan and has been for years.

Re: Article: "Kristeen Young Makes Amends With Morrissey, Delves Into Film on New EP"

Sarebbe davvero "La prima cosa bella" per la tanto bistrattata musica italiana, del resto noi non è che ci impegnamo troppo nel promuovere i nostri gruppi più originali. Comunque non credo che Moz tornerà a cantare in Italia, purtroppo!

I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
... don't lose faith

I couldnt agree more. The new album is awful! Except for the one i think morrissey has written for her. I think morrisseys interest in Kristeen is sexual pure and simple! no one else seems to have picked this up.

She and Tony have parted ways? Admittedly I have been far from the loop, when did the break up?

I couldnt agree more. The new album is awful! Except for the one i think morrissey has written for her. I think morrisseys interest in Kristeen is sexual pure and simple! no one else seems to have picked this up.

She and Tony have parted ways? Admittedly I have been far from the loop, when did they break up?

Can someone tell me, Morrissey Solo changed to MorrisseyLoversUnited yes? Well has it changed back to Morrissey Solo?

Can someone tell me, Morrissey Solo changed to MorrisseyLoversUnited yes? Well has it changed back to Morrissey Solo?

Gotta love the humor! lol

There are certainly Moz styled poses going on in the video, but really this is just an artist borrowing/stealing from an influentual source. Nothing wrong with that, and I'm sure Morrissey and Wilde would both agree.

Kristeen is one of them heavy people. The new EP is next level. I completely worship her.

Kristeen is one of them heavy people. The new EP is next level. I completely worship her.

That's because you're stupid.

I cannot stand her. Seriously, what does Morrissey see in that mess?

so true, she KILLS the mood. I'd skip her because she spends the whole show pouting about empty seats. Actually, why did Morrissey fire her, his friend, for a rude remark, and then let her be rude to his audience night after night?

also headline should be, Kristeen Young facing choice of touring with Morrissey or playing the food court at the local mall, has groveled sufficiently that Morrissey now plans to troll you all with her again!

Dear God, I thought she made Moz upset many years ago making him drop her as support and apparently he is no longer a man who sticks to what he believes in. Had the misfortune of seeing her two nights in a row in Karlstad 2006 and she did give menopains a face and a voice. I know she is supposed to be a singing artist but to me she is a poser who thinks she's an actress. What is it with gay men who needs to be around witches like her?
Fooking faghag get a life!

Urban in Sweden (watching Cheaters and the real americans on Jerry Springer)

Dear God, I thought she made Moz upset many years ago making him drop her as support and apparently he is no longer a man who sticks to what he believes in. Had the misfortune of seeing her two nights in a row in Karlstad 2006 and she did give menopains a face and a voice. I know she is supposed to be a singing artist but to me she is a poser who thinks she's an actress. What is it with gay men who needs to be around witches like her?

Dear God, apparently no longer, sticks to what he believes in, misfortune of, menopains, witches. Det är du som är en poser. Jag ryser.

Dear God, apparently no longer, sticks to what he believes in, misfortune of, menopains, witches. Det är du som är en poser. Jag ryser.

The truth hurts biatch!!!!
Never type in swedish here or you will get banned!
LOL

He should bring out Nancy Sinatra instead but she probably has to get paid up front. lol She gave you "meno"pains? :lbf:

Oh yes, women have always been in desperate need of a bubble dress. Emancipation finally come true.

NOT!

It were not so sad it would be amusing that people who are so backwards think that they are in any way relevant. And apart from the group of self referencers I have not see anybody else wear a bubble dress yet.

I wont go out tonight, but I havent got no bubble dress to wear! It's better a stitch.

I have now gone through her songs and even watched some live clips online in order to give the wee lass a chance and a fair judgement not just based on me seeing her support the big man in 2006 but I have to say it is the worst I have ever seen and heard.
I think the fact she is american makes a big part of the culture elite bang the drums so loud because we all know America has still to provide us with just one truly great artist or band.
She abuses a fooking keyboard and from what I hear she is gay or bi or at least open to suggestions like most young people these days because being gay or bi has never been more trendy and is as important as being somehow jewish is for anyone trying to make it in New York. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours...
I refuse to let myself be convinced that Kristeen has some kind of talent at all and that she is needed in music today. In fact, I see her as one of many that destroyed music and should have stayed at home in front of the mirror in her trailer park hell where the barking dogs should have been enough music instead of what this posing car alarm tries to give to this world.
Give me a call and I will bring the spade so we can finally bury her for the betterment of human kind.

Urban in Sweden ( still not taking shit from the cultural elite wearing ray-ban specs)

I'm glad you gave her a fair chance. I heard she has been replaced by Death Metal Parrot now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom