Lifeguard On Duty & Happy Lovers United on upcoming bootleg LP

What sort of material is on these promo cd's? Is it anything we haven't seen before?

If that was directed at me, there's nothing new on the promos I have. It was just promo stuff that people were asking me to put on here quite a while before the official release. Someone in the office did me a favour getting them to me, I decided not to screw them over - I can see, frustrating and annoying as it is, exactly where Stephane and others are coming from.
The rushes stuff is quite interesting - nothing amazingly revelatory, but nice to see Moz being himself.

I find it very sad regarding the 'won't share' mentallity. How many of these 'special' people that have a few tracks they are clinging on to didn't ever listen to a bootleg or outtake et al?
Ridiculous. Being precious for the sake of it.
My friend and I recorded W.C.H. '88 and loads of you enjoyed it. I shared and wouldn't not do so.
These people clinging on to things and thinking they are high up in the heirarchy as a result are beyond sad. The music will out - eventually.
If Moz doesn't like it - so what, he's had years to persue 'bad guys' - if he 'allows' people to hear outtakes - enough to transcribe them, well deal with the aftermath!
Sad, sad, sad. Lots of Moz is better than no Moz. He who is without bootleg, cast the first moan....
FWD

Thanks for recording that show! Going to go listen to it now...

oh come on, it's not that hard to get unreleased stuff. And believe me, there is not much of it. i will release soon the rehearsals for Tonight show uk soon. its we hate it and fatty.

oh come on, it's not that hard to get unreleased stuff.

Really? So you have LOD & HLU? GREAT!! Lets have em' then!
Oh... you don't have them? hmm...
I'd love to have those rehearsals you've mentioned though. I'd very much appreciate you sharing them!

Who said I had they or not?
i will transfer the footage from vhs. it's very long so any ideas how and where to upload?

oh come on, it's not that hard to get unreleased stuff. And believe me, there is not much of it. i will release soon the rehearsals for Tonight show uk soon. its we hate it and fatty.

There's lots of people here who'd disagree.
Most people have access to the rare stuff on here (Viva Hate/Vauxhall/Southpaw stuff off the top of my head), but there's know to be a few other bits in circulation that're so far near-impossible to get a hold of. Of course, anyone who wants to share will be welcome :p

There's lots of people here who'd disagree.
Most people have access to the rare stuff on here (Viva Hate/Vauxhall/Southpaw stuff off the top of my head), but there's know to be a few other bits in circulation that're so far near-impossible to get a hold of. Of course, anyone who wants to share will be welcome :p

The rare songs are acess on internet but these songs - titled in this thread - are really rare and who knows when will may we heard theses ones?

Last edited:
Perhaps now that Morrissey is out of a record contract he might accept EMI offers to re-release his back catalogue with bonus material. These songs would surely make it on expanded editions of "Viva Hate" or "Bona Drag". My dream would be for EMI to do with Morrissey what they did with the Radiohead back catalogue: each album a 2cd+DVD boxset. CD1 = regular album, remastered, cd2 = all b-sides and radio sessions etc, DVD = all videos and some tv appearances from the era. Inside the boxset are also cards showing the artwork from the album's single.

I'll be happy if they just do Arsenal and Vauxhall in this way.

"The things are happening so strange lately... It's hard to say what will really happen - maybe Morrissey throws his career out"

I've given that a bit of thought lately but honestly I cant really see it. I think we will at least get one more album that will be built up as his final album

"The things are happening so strange lately... It's hard to say what will really happen - maybe Morrissey throws his career out"

I've given that a bit of thought lately but honestly I cant really see it. I think we will at least get one more album that will be built up as his final album

It'd be good.. but who knows?

I love them both. I think they're among the best unreleased songs now that "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" have been released.

Both are mid-tempo songs. I particularly love "Lifeguard On Duty", it has a Smiths feel to it and a great singalong chorus. As for "Happy Lovers United", when Morrissey sings "Cause she is so kind and he is so clever" it reminds me of another song, I think "Ouija Board..." when Morrissey sings "she has now gone from this unhappy planet".

Perhaps now that Morrissey is out of a record contract he might accept EMI offers to re-release his back catalogue with bonus material. These songs would surely make it on expanded editions of "Viva Hate" or "Bona Drag". My dream would be for EMI to do with Morrissey what they did with the Radiohead back catalogue: each album a 2cd+DVD boxset. CD1 = regular album, remastered, cd2 = all b-sides and radio sessions etc, DVD = all videos and some tv appearances from the era. Inside the boxset are also cards showing the artwork from the album's single.

Stephane

I had thought this was the route Rhino was heading in when it was announced a few years ago that they would be reissuing his HMV/Sire releases. Then Fantastic Bird (a Your Arsenal-era outtake) was tacked onto Southpaw redux, which seemed like a "throw this bit out there because we have no other plans for it" kind of move.

Frankly, I was gutted that the Maladjusted reissue did not include I Know Who I Love and Kit. Based on the information in Goddard's latest, it sounds like these are the only complete pre-YATQ outtakes remaining. (Complete meaning Morrissey laid down at least a working vocal track a la Fantastic Bird.)

Now that the LP has surfaced... The countdown begins for HQ copies of the songs.

so out of curiosity, can we recap the "known" unreleased songs?

I am aware of:
The Viva Hate Demos
Fantastic Bird (from southpaw reissue)
You should Have Been Nice to Me(from southpaw reissue)
honey you know where to find me(from southpaw reissue)
striptease
oh phoney
picadilly palare (extended)
nov the 2nd
Reader Meet Author Demo
Interlude (Moz only)
Why don't you find out for yourself (Alternate)
Sweetie Pie (Alternate)
Born to hang
please help the cause against lonliness

What else am I missing? I just learned about Lifeguard on Duty and Happy Lovers United. I also know of Kit.

so out of curiosity, can we recap the "known" unreleased songs?

I am aware of:
The Viva Hate Demos
Fantastic Bird (from southpaw reissue)
You should Have Been Nice to Me(from southpaw reissue)
honey you know where to find me(from southpaw reissue)
striptease
oh phoney
picadilly palare (extended)
nov the 2nd
Reader Meet Author Demo
Interlude (Moz only)
Why don't you find out for yourself (Alternate)
Sweetie Pie (Alternate)
Born to hang
please help the cause against lonliness

What else am I missing? I just learned about Lifeguard on Duty and Happy Lovers United. I also know of Kit.

http://www.krix-s.de/morrissey_rarities.htm :thumb:

Peter

Back
Top Bottom