Little Man What Now

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm new round here.

Does anyone have any theories on who was the inspiration for 'Little Man What Now'? When Jack Wild died three years ago I read his obituary and everything seemed to fit, especially his series on ATV in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wild

Can anyone suggest any alternative candidates for the mysterious 'Little Man'?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm new round here.

Does anyone have any theories on who was the inspiration for 'Little Man What Now'? When Jack Wild died three years ago I read his obituary and everything seemed to fit, especially his series on ATV in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wild

Can anyone suggest any alternative candidates for the mysterious 'Little Man'?

I think Morrissey had a specific person in mind,but I'm f***ed if I can remember who it is/was. Someone round here (Kewpie) will point you in the right direction.

Malcolm McFee - inspiration for "Little Man, What Now?" (not Jack Wild)

posted by davidt on Saturday July 31 2004, @11:00AM

Abigail Lawson writes:

I am a source close to Morrissey.

I feel moved to write to you to correct the post by Miranda Grey that Jack Wild is the inspiration behind "Little Man, What Now".

"Little Man, What Now" is most positively not inspired by the child actor Jack Wild, and in no way refers to him.

The words to the aforementioned song are concerned with a British actor called Malcolm McFee who appeared in two (UK) situation comedies in the early 1970s: "Please, Sir!" and "The Fenn Street Gang". He also appeared briefly in the film "Oh What A Lovely War!" (1969).

He died of cancer in Braintree, Essex in November, 2001.

I hope this lays to rest the Wild misapprehension.

There's a book titled "Little Man - What Now?" by Hans Fallada which was also made into a film in 1934 and 1967. That's where the song title could come from (although the contents of the song have nothing to do with the plot of the book/film).

littleman.jpg

There's a book titled "Little Man - What Now?" by Hans Fallada which was also made into a film in 1934 and 1967. That's where the song title could come from (although the contents of the song have nothing to do with the plot of the book/film).

littleman.jpg

i've read that book.

probably one of the best I've ever read.

Back
Top Bottom