London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
The NME article notes the same themes as the articles I previously linked to.

"Morrissey hits out at the Royal Family and former record label during London gig. Singer also criticised meat eaters at O2 Arena gig
Morrissey made a speech about his new album ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’, "which was immediately deleted by a very clever record label". When the crowd booed, he urged them to "let them know".

I estimate the Arena was 85-90% full. There were blocks of seats available on the o2 site before the show in all prices ranges except the 'cult' floor/standing area. There were also hundreds of tickets available on re-seller sites like Viagogo for as little as £21. This doesn't happen when a gig is sold out.

The Dublin Corporate '3' Arena Show has also not Sold Out. Tickets are available now for those who enjoyed last night so much they want to repeat the Saturday Night In London Docklands experience with Monday Night in Dublin Port. From Canary Wharf to Canary Dwarf, the corporate rock whore-dom "Bread & Circuses" show of *anti-Establishment* Morrissey Inc rolls on....

best wishes
BB

You can estimate all you want you simple c***, look at the pictures and read the posts from people who were there.

What a waste of a skin you are.

Does anybody else find it odd that when Morrissey has a highly successful evening, all the people who claim he is finished, Brummie Boy, Benny The Butcher and Johnny Barleycorn, spend an incredible amount of time posting complete lies or spend time digging around on the internet to desperately try an find something to knock him with?

Anyways, looks like 20 thousand people disagree with the 3 losers.

Sour grapes or something like it. They were dumb enough to miss out even though they maybe kind of wanted to go (false superior principles or whatever), afterwards heard it had been awesome/epic, wish they had gone, convinced themselves it wasn't that good anyway, now here/nowhere trying to convince others that it sucked balls. Poor coping skills. Pity them.

A ticket on a reseller site, any reseller site the day of a gig, means that ticket has already been paid for at full face value and someone (or some shady company) is selling it on to make more money. There were none available through official means on concert day, or even weeks before that.
It would also be an odd gathering of 20,000 people if everyone sat or stood exactly where they were supposed to. No toilet visits? No-one going to the bar for a drink?

And now my heart is full....thank you Morrissey....it is , and will always be, you....

Love Alma xxx

Does anybody else find it odd that when Morrissey has a highly successful evening, all the people who claim he is finished, Brummie Boy, Benny The Butcher and Johnny Barleycorn, spend an incredible amount of time posting complete lies or spend time digging around on the internet to desperately try an find something to knock him with?

Anyways, looks like 20 thousand people disagree with the 3 losers.

It doesn't take long to type "Morrissey" into Google News & read the results. I have merely linked to the Mainstream Opinion/Consensual Reality analysis of last night as a counter-weight to the insipid vapour of the Cult Fan-atics here and on Twitter.

I am not posting "complete lies" with regard to this concert. I have merely noted other peoples opinions then listed the likely costs of attending this "anti-Establishment" event. I have very positive feelings towards the music on WPINOYB but think playing the o2 Corporate Arena is preposterous. All it did is put the audience from 3 nights at Brixton Academy along with the cult from 'Old Trafford' into an enormodome with an extra few thousand curious suburbanites who probably gorged at Nando's before going in to see "the guy from The Smiths" to tick off their Boomer bucket-lists. This concert appears to be a repeat of the Manchester Arena show in 2012 with the main purpose being to make out that Morrissey is a huge star deserving of another record contract to shift the sadly still-born WPINOYB. But he isn't. And he hardly puts on a performance that's suitable for such an enormodome.

What's really interesting is how limited the response to last night's show is both here and in the wider media. Enrique Iglesias played the o2 on Friday night & got glowing reviews. I saw his show at Brum NIA on Thurs. It was *epic* for those who love his music (like me) but a matter of supreme indifference to those untouched by his Latin moves. The same applies to Morrissey & any other Cororate Rock Whore who plays these aircraft hangers. Mind you, Enrique had a MAD OTT stage show with a separate mini-acoustic set on a smaller stage at the back of the venue for those in *the cheap seats*. AND Demi Lovato was the support!!!!! I mean......WOW!!!! 273,756,141 people have watched "Let It Go" on YouTube yet Demi just wanted to be there with Enrique and BrummieBoy!

Not hating on Moz at all, love WPINOYB, but he's just not capable of an arena show. He tried it in Brum a decade ago and it was also ....a dire epicFAIL!!

best wishes
BB

Last edited by a moderator:
The NME article notes the same themes as the articles I previously linked to.

"Morrissey hits out at the Royal Family and former record label during London gig. Singer also criticised meat eaters at O2 Arena gig
Morrissey made a speech about his new album ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’, "which was immediately deleted by a very clever record label". When the crowd booed, he urged them to "let them know".

I estimate the Arena was 85-90% full. There were blocks of seats available on the o2 site before the show in all prices ranges except the 'cult' floor/standing area. There were also hundreds of tickets available on re-seller sites like Viagogo for as little as £21. This doesn't happen when a gig is sold out.

The Dublin Corporate '3' Arena Show has also not Sold Out. Tickets are available now for those who enjoyed last night so much they want to repeat the Saturday Night In London Docklands experience with Monday Night in Dublin Port. From Canary Wharf to Canary Dwarf, the corporate rock whore-dom "Bread & Circuses" show of *anti-Establishment* Morrissey Inc rolls on....

best wishes
BB

Would it have been more acceptable if he'd played Brixton or Hammersmith Apollo? Unfortunately most venues nowadays have some sort of sponsorship deal with corporate behemoths. Hence your point is fairly redundant.

I

A ticket on a reseller site, any reseller site the day of a gig, means that ticket has already been paid for at full face value and someone (or some shady company) is selling it on to make more money. There were none available through official means on concert day, or even weeks before that.
It would also be an odd gathering of 20,000 people if everyone sat or stood exactly where they were supposed to. No toilet visits? No-one going to the bar for a drink?

This is simply not true. There were loads of tickets availabe on the official axs.com o2 site in the days leading up to the show. I really don't see how it is helpful or meaningful to claim a show was 100% Sold Out 'weeks before' when all the evidence shows that it was not. However, if it comforts you to think that Morrissey is a global super-star rather than a niche cult act who can barely fill a single arena show in London after a 2+ years absence, then please remain thus comforted. I deal with reality.

I have absolutely no idea what your remark about bars/toilet breaks are, but think it unlikely that whole rows of patrons would suddenly decide to take a piss/get pissed at the same time.

best wishes
BB

They always react the same way to morrissey good news stories, they're predictable sad little pricks, anyway just arrived at Dublin airport buzzing for tmorrow nights gig, it's gonna be a great experience

I can't wait. Arrive approx midday. Sink some Guinness or Five and go and watch Morrissey in his ancestral hometown.

Would it have been more acceptable if he'd played Brixton or Hammersmith Apollo? Unfortunately most venues nowadays have some sort of sponsorship deal with corporate behemoths. Hence your point is fairly redundant.

I

"World Corporate Rock Whores Are None Of Your Business" ? He played Hope Farm Festival so is clearly aware of the debate around Corporate Rock Whore Rip-Off events.

I trust this reply is helpful to you.

best wishes
BB

"The Hop Farm Music Festival came about after a survey was taken and the feeling amongst fans buying festival tickets, was that they ended up feeling the lowest on the pecking order. So we felt it was time to go back to basics and let it be about the punter and the music.

• No Sponsorship / No Branding
  • No VIP’S"

http://hopfarmfestival.com/info/general

BB is correct, a google search reveals uniformly negative mainstream reviews, contradicting much of what has been posted. from the independent:

" For the majority of his 90-minute set, he admirably appeared as if his dog had been run over."

"World Corporate Rock Whores Are None Of Your Business" ? He played Hope Farm Festival so is clearly aware of the debate around Corporate Rock Whore Rip-Off events.

I trust this reply is helpful to you.

best wishes
BB

"The Hop Farm Music Festival came about after a survey was taken and the feeling amongst fans buying festival tickets, was that they ended up feeling the lowest on the pecking order. So we felt it was time to go back to basics and let it be about the punter and the music.

• No Sponsorship / No Branding
  • No VIP’S"

http://hopfarmfestival.com/info/general

Weren't you at The Barclaycard NIA to see Enrique? All decent sized venues have some sort of sponsorship nowadays all the Academy venues are also O2 arnt they? Tell me where you expect him to play to get away from Corporate Rock Whore Rip-Off events.

Re: THE VIEW FROM THE *CHEAP* SEATS....*rollseyes*

the London tour merch is being remaindered at a discount less that 12 hours after the concert?

Yes, indeed. I thought that was a *fascinating* thing to notice. After years of vicious Austerity & *Gig Ticket Inflation* it would seem that the average UK Morrissey punter/cultist is unable to afford a Vandal's Stencil as well as all the other *clueless consumer* swag. So, the Santa Strategy comes into play, try & get the left-overs sold as stocking fillers before the full-on January Sale starts on Dec 24th.

As a comparison, the "Before The Dawn" merchandise has retained it's original price-points in the run-up to Xmas, though perhaps Kate Bush will also have to haggle:

http://shop.katebush.com/

best wishes
BB

The show was tremendous. The group huddle before TQID got a rousing response, it added to a big match feel. The crowd were very responsive, and the band, particularly Boz, were engaging the audience as well. Smiler and MIM were challenging, my other half couldn't watch most of the backdrop video. But he is out there and sticking to as many principles as he can. I don't know why he played the o2, but I'm glad I was there. If he'd played a residency at Brixton or the Roundhouse and it had all gone wrong, well you could imagine the negativity here....oh wait, we're getting that anyway despite a fabulous show! The people around me near front left hand side were certainly appreciative, not all struck me as so-called "Morrissey appeasers".

Yes, there was a feeling that this might have been the last hurrah, but on the other hand...we've been there before after the 'farewell' comment at Earls Court in 2004. The mporium sale makes me think another tour might not be in the immediate future, but at least tonight has shown that there enough people with appetite for his new music. A great night.

Daft question but how many people roughly were in attendance?

People who were there say it was full, pictures indicate it was full. People who don't like the modern day Morrissey say it wasn't full. it holds 20,000 but obviously there would be no shows, so not sure.

Daft question but how many people roughly were in attendance?

i would estimate 10 000 to 12 000.
he could have evaded the corporate snare easily be renting out al hangar or club, as he has for most of the current tour.

I just got back home.
A hugely enjoyable gig, great to see Moz on stage again after two and a half years.
Relieved to see the evening pass without incident, no heckling, no drama.
The undisputed highlight was Asleep, worth the admission price just to experience this moment itself.
"Remember me but forget my fate" could have some meaning this time around, although we have been there so many times before...
Needless to say, I sincerely hope this is not the case.

Here are some of my better photos...

zjjf37.jpg

33udhk5.jpg

2u74yv4.jpg

15ga0d1.jpg

28ktr12.jpg

2r5rihs.jpg

2r7va0x.jpg

PS: Quarry night was fantastic too, a big thank you to the organisers.
Beautiful pictures and great review. Thanks for sharing.

Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london
Back
Top Bottom