London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
see skinflint has reared his ugly mug,bet he doesn't listen to the album incase he actually likes it.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of someone doing their very best indeed to warp conventional thinking so it favours a singer.

Whereas you do your very best to warp everything possible so that it paints a singer in a negative light; with an alarming lack of personal insight.

Did you? Did you love that? He snarled, “I don’t care!” and you thought he was talking about his detractors?

He was in a room half-full of fawning fans, playing the same rubbish he always plays, in the midst of a global pandemic.

He’s repeatedly stated that he doesn’t care for this world and will be happy to die. Apparently he’s happy to take every available weak-ass, slug-sycophant with him. ...and apparently you’re all willing participants.

Just get it done. No time like the present. Kindly do your bit to make the world a kinder, gentler, more intelligent place by joining him.

You truly are a detestable individual.

What happened in your life to make you so damaged & full of hate?

If someone has reached the point they hate everything about Morrissey's life & work, then it's definitely time to let the past go & find an artist they love. Genesis are reforming. They're cheerful.

And undervalued.

Yeah, whatever, all I'm hearing is wah, wah, wah. Here is the correct response to a Morrissey show these days

mUUMTWX.jpg
All you're hearing is the sound of yourself. Still, I guess we should be nice. You foolishly worshipped Morrissey as a god and since you found out he isn't, it's caused you to have a mental breakdown. Really you should be seeking professional help rather than being a twat on here.

Have we done politics n racism yet? Normally happens about now then drags on for 10 pages or so then thread dies. I'll check back on the circus tomorrow.

So many highlights... Jim Jim Falls, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, At Amber...but I could have easily added Lady Willpower, Morning Starship and Back On The Chaingang
I enjoyed the whole thing, I loved the new stuff and thought the set was great, I’m so excited to get hold of the new album now.

Morning Starship was wonderful. I stood up and sang with him: what a song.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of someone doing their very best indeed to warp conventional thinking so it favours a singer.

Conventional thinking Skinny? What would that be? Globalism? The kind of thinking that would encourage the migrants on the Greek border to swarm into Europe while the world has a pandemic?

Wind yer neck in Baz, Hovis has jumped ship by sound of it and its beyond boring.

Yeah. There's venue, staging & publicity issues, but those aren't core. The core is his voice, material & pov & they're brilliant.

I loved the new tracks because I haven't heard them live before & I love Jackie because I can relate to the horror of audiences (& voters). He's weirdly at his best working himself in to a frenzy with repetition or yelps. Amber was surprisingly furious. Seasick & plea were lovely And Jack The Ripper is a great ending. There can't be many love ballads seemingly being sung by a serial killer.
There's an interesting review of the concert by Michael Barron in xsnoize where he distinguishes Morrisseys own songs from covers by their "fatalistic" vibe. He does seem to recognise Morrissey as an artist praising his ability to "curate" tracks from all but one of his 13 albums. Maybe that's the problem a few of Morrisseys older fans have - they're expecting Smiths and greatest hits, rather than the artists expression of his own work. Sounds like you had a fantastic night. Thank you for your posts and interesting insights.

Does anyone know the name of the female Latin artist on the screen that was singing before Morrissey came on? Much appreciated.

Benny, the biggest wind up since the wonder bra... can’t wait to get the boot in...oh yesterday man... same old posts, same old drivel, nothing new... same old lists..... please lad give us a new set list, something that just might please a few on here!!!! Dull dull dull

Back
Top Bottom