Low in High School number 2 in 20th Nov. UK album charts

I can't be bothered to read all of your inevitably idiotic reply but well done for writing a mini dissertation. I'm just pretty pleased that I put your f***-witted incredulity at Gallagher selling 100,000 in a week into some kind of intelligent perspective i.e. that Oasis managed to sell 4 times that number in 1 day.
If anything, it's amazing that Gallagher sold so few considering the team of professional songwriters he recruited, and the anticipation for the first solo record from the singer of one of the most commercially successful groups of the last 40 years.
A quick scan and you've mentioned Paloma Faith. Of course, Low in High School won't beat Paloma's album. Her single is getting tons of airplay, and this will power it to well over 30,000 sales. I've tried to explain to you before the relationship between airplay and record sales but even that sadly proved too complex for you to grasp.
As for being a music snob, yep, perhaps that explains why I've spent most of the last week listening to the new Taylor Swift album (it's a big disappointment after 1989) and why Harry Styles' Sign of the Times is one of my favourite songs of the year.
I'm constantly debunking the foolishness of your idiotic ramblings. It's a little exhausting but strangely gratifying. Everyone now knows what a total twat you were for being surprised at Gallagher selling 100,000. Perhaps best if you stick to your two apparent subjects of expertise - cheese and vegan cardigans.

You're replying to a comment you haven't read? O...K....

You're not debunking anything sunshine, just showing yourself up as a twit. More and more excuses without addressing the key point: there's nothing stopping Morrissey getting 'professional songwriters' if he wants to sell shitloads of records. If he doesn't, he needs to STFU about 'crass consumers' refusing to buy his mediocre albums and drop his hilarious 'conspiracy theory' that the music biz is trying to stop him connecting with a larger audience. If he delivered the goods with strong songs and kept his potty mouth in check in interviews he'd sell more to the 'crass consumers' he despises but who he thinks owe him a luxurious living. But he's addicted to his victim script so he'll continue to wallow in his C List pity party.

I don't need a fool like you to explain anything to me. Morrissey got more than enough airplay for STDIB but the British public just went 'meh!'. There's no credible reason why Paloma would beat Morrissey in sales other than the fact that the British public don't think Morrissey's new stuff is any good. Once again you fall into the same delusions as Morrissey: that you can buy commercial success if you have a big enough PR budget from a Major Label. All the evidence is that it isn't that simple. Word of mouth does most of the work. Your desperate attempt to back-track from your snobbery won't work. You claimed the listening public were 'undiscerning masses'. As it turns out, they can discern very well between talent and hype. Paloma is reaping the rewards of her hard work and engaging public persona. Not my cup of tea but I'd never dismiss people who buy her album as 'undiscerning masses'. Not a fan of Ed Sheeran either but, again, wouldn't be such an arrogant prat as to call his fans 'crass consumers'. Face it. Morrissey is just jealous. A jealous C List also-ran has-been. His only hope of mass attention now is by shameless trolling or re-branding himself as part of a reunion of The Smiths. Or he could employ 'professional songwriters'....

Morrissey is currently #99 on the US Amazon 'best seller' list, ahead of the vinyl version of 'divide' by Ed Sheeran but behind '25' by Adele...next you'll be saying that Adele's success was due to PR hype and a big budget rather than word of mouth. Adele's success arrived as the perfect debunking of Morrissey's nonsense. A +size girl from Tottenham rose to the top purely on the basis of her Voice, the very thing that Morrissey claimed was his USP. Karma's a bitch, ain't it Moz?.....:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Amazon Best Sellers  Best Music.png

Beady Eye were a disaster, sales wise, mainly because they were called Beady Eye. You had to be a music geek to have heard of them. At the time I said that Liam G should have just used his own name - they would have done massively better. Makes a world of difference.
The other factor is that Gallagher recruited a team of professional songwriters for his solo album, so the quality of the songs has improved. I'm not convinced, personally. Thought Wall of Glass was awful but I do quite like China Town. Odd to think he didn't write the China Town lyrics. Sounds just like the kind of thing he'd write.

If he'd have changed to 'Liam Gallagher' but kept the same mediocre songwriters his album would've corpsed. Morrissey's name isn't enough to shift duff product but he's so delusional he insists it should then retreats behind absurd 'conspiracy theories' when the British Public ignore him. There's some interesting music on LIHS but the lyrics are appalling and the melodies just aren't strong. If he got some good songwriters and a producer who could call him out on lyrical nonsense then his current band wouldn't be a hindrance.

Tuesday Update

1 Paloma Faith - The Architect * [27,788]
2 Morrissey - Low In High School * [22,910]
3 Sam Smith - The Thrill Of It All [22,260]
4 Tokio Myers - Our Generation * [21,525]
5 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together Again [16,351]

Thanks for sharing. Looks like no 2 would be a good result, by the end of the week.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like no 2 would be a good result, by the end of the week.
Smith and Myers aren't too far behind. Worse case scenario is number 4, which is pretty respectable considering the critical mauling the album got in most columns.

What prediction?

The prediction I made is on-track & Morrissey is on target to miss the target I said he had to match to retain any credibility as a 'British Icon'.

as you were.....

Liam Gallagher has gone straight in at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with his debut solo album As You Were.

Scoring massive combined sales of 103,000 (91% of which were physical purchases and digital downloads), Liam lands at the top spot with ease, outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...lbums-chart-and-sets-new-vinyl-record__20743/
And he's still crap and Moz is still great. Judging people by chart sales is like saying KFC or McD's are the finest eating establishments known to mankind just because knuckle-draggers eat there more than anywhere else.

Internet trolls really are just like schoolyard bullies. They do get ever so annoyed when confronted about their nonsense.

Indeed. But I know you're working hard on your trolling 'issues'. I didn't know you were a recovering schoolyard bully. That explains a lot!

And let's hope Morrissey begins to have counselling for his trolling problem....after all it's not only me who's been calling him out on his bullshit for the last few years, is it?

Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

And he's still crap and Moz is still great. Judging people by chart sales is like saying KFC or McD's are the finest eating establishments known to mankind just because knuckle-draggers eat there more than anywhere else.

I hope that defence strategy keeps working for you! Morrissey judges people by their chart sales. If they sell more than him he bitches and moans that they don't deserve it. Lots of knuckle-draggers eat at Morrissey shows, chowing down on cheezy treats mandated by Moz!! LOL!

Indeed. But I know you're working hard on your trolling 'issues'. I didn't know you were a recovering schoolyard bully. That explains a lot!

Oh dear. How feeble. You really must troll harder in future if you want to keep your Troll #1 status.

The main reason I troll Morrissey is over his bogus stance on animal liberation, but once you start you find so much to mock him for! Now, I must find some more hurtful press to post to annoy his cult! You might think it's easy being a professional troll but there's standards. And competition! Benny The British Butcher is on my heels! My status as Troll #1 here isn't guaranteed!

Oh dear. How feeble. You really must troll harder in future if you want to keep your Troll #1 status.

I have reclaimed the word 'troll' on this forum as it simply has no meaning here. There are so many Moz-Botz who label any views that don't kiss Morrissey's arse as 'troll'. They are such stupid specimens that being labelled a 'troll' by them is a compliment, not an insult. My use of the word 'troll' on this forum is to ironically debunk idiots like you who go around labelling vast swathes of posts as 'troll' with such speed that it's obvious you haven't even read them. I can never be Troll #1 as that spot is claimed by Morrissey! Troll harder, i'm not feeling it, babe. If you want to wind me up think of something that's actually interesting.....silly sod.

I have reclaimed the word 'troll' on this forum as it simply has no meaning here. There are so many Moz-Botz who label any views that don't kiss Morrissey's arse as 'troll'. They are such stupid specimens that being labelled a 'troll' by them is a compliment, not an insult. My use of the word 'troll' on this forum is to ironically debunk idiots like you who go around labelling vast swathes of posts as 'troll' with such speed that it's obvious you haven't even read them.

Utterly delusional nonsense - as usual.

I seriously don't get Brummie's whole 'Morrissey's career is finished' schtick and comparisons to Liam Gallagher and Adele or Tay Tay.

Specifically with Gallagher; Oasis had a huge fanbase from which he could mine and it doesn't surprise me in the least that a massive amount of them came out of the woodwork to see what his first solo album would be like.

I think a fairer comparison for Morrissey would not be with the biggest Britpop star of the 90's nor the powerhouse mainstream stars of today. I think it is fairer to compare his current career with artists who were releasing records in the early to mid-80's, when he 1st started.

How does 'Low In High School' sales compare to latest albums by The Thompson Twins, Duran Duran, Culture Club, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Soft Cell, Spandau Ballet, ABC etc etc? I'd say the answer is 'quite well' as most of these artists can't even get record deals let alone release new albums. Most of them are stuck on some nostalgia circuit whereas Morrissey can still sell out large venues in selected areas where his fanbase is still strong. Case-in-point is Billy Idol serving as his support act at the Hollywood Bowl. Billy back in his prime was a massive massive star, globally selling millions upon millions of records, but the reality is these days he would struggle to sell the Bowl out by himself or any really meaningful sized venue in the UK.

By and large it is mainly the really really big colossal acts from the mid-80's, the U2's, the Madonna's that continue to have rampantly successful careers. The fact that Morrissey, who with The Smiths was every only a strong indie act, continues to have the level of career he has today some 34 years after he first started, and well after many of his contemporaries have fallen by the wayside, is actually rather impressive.

Afterall, there were MANY, many, many, many who said he was finished as early as 1987 when Johnny Marr walked out the door. And at the time it was rare for the lead singer of a band to kick on and have a successful solo career, Mick Jagger had tried several times with no success.

Oh well, just my 2 cents................

P.S Low In High School is ACE!! Thank f*** I don't buy my records based on what metaf***wit says :guitar:

Last edited:

Morrissey's album gets critically mauled, has 90s pop icons tweeting obscenities about him, has SJW's gate crashing his gigs with pamphlets quoting his controversial interview and yet here he sits, occupying second spot to the throne. Is this common for C list pop stars @BrummieBoy ?

Morrissey, the self saboteur, loathed by the media, scrutinised by authority, mocked by Facebook comics, can't stop shifting units no matter how severe the backlash.

Brumms, the last 5 years of your life have all been for nothing. Our Mozzer is officially :gun:bullet proof. Your whole act bombed m8.
:laughing::popcorn::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom