Question Maladjusted favourite lyrics

Including bonus tracks, which lines from Maladjusted do you enjoy hearing the most? My anxiety is bad today so it's all negative stuff for me.

For me:
Maladjusted - With my hands on my head, I flop on your bed, with a head full of dread, for all I've ever said

Wide to Receive: I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - And the looks you gave, so meaningful, they are all so suddenly meaningless

It's quite a gentle album, which is nice. Instrumentally it actually reminds me a bit of The Pretenders in places. I like it here in this forum. Everyone's funny and mainly kind.

I haven't heard Maladjusted yet, unfortunately, I am still working on Your Arsenal! I still read through this whole thread though, and took it all in. I'm very, very excited to listen to it now. Cheers!
The most underrated and misunderstood album in the entire Morrissey canon, maybe in all of British indie. Absolutely magnificent album and one of his most personal.

Closely followed by

I started at the top
And I worked my way down

Or:

Me - with a preference for
Making things worse

Love the b-sides from this era. The only album where the expanded edition is actually the better one.

Good to hear from you again pal 👍🏻 Go out and find the album you love and that loves you.
Kill Uncle is my love and it loves me so very much, too!

The most underrated and misunderstood album in the entire Morrissey canon, maybe in all of British indie. Absolutely magnificent album and one of his most personal.
I can't wait to hear it! I heard the song Maladjusted on one of my Morrissey live DVDs and I LOVED it. The depth of it somewhat even surprised me, idk why, and the instrumentals were just simply amazing.

I'm nearly done analyzing Your Arsenal, it's taking me a while because I keep falling back into the comforting arms of Kill Uncle -- My favorite still, so far.

Has Morrissey ever written anything more prophetic than -

It's my life to wreck my own way...
I think of that lyric everytime I hear any one judging / mocking / criticizing him.
A lyric from the Smiths comes to mind, too: I don't owe you anything...

Yeah, it can be seen that way, but I don’t think it’s that prophetic. He seems to have always lived by that motto. Not wanting to work, desiring to be a singer in a band. I’m sure many around him at the time thought he was crazy and ruining his life by dreaming of such things that they thought would never, could never happen.

And there may be some truth when people say he likes to play the victim card, and some of his (natural?) behavior can be seen as self sabotage. But I wonder if he looks at his current situation as a ‘wreck’ or merely as another signifier that he’s doing the right thing. ‘Hoist me from the herd’ and all that.

I can't wait to hear it! I heard the song Maladjusted on one of my Morrissey live DVDs and I LOVED it. The depth of it somewhat even surprised me, idk why, and the instrumentals were just simply amazing.

I'm nearly done analyzing Your Arsenal, it's taking me a while because I keep falling back into the comforting arms of Kill Uncle -- My favorite still, so far.

Sing Your Life was the first Morrissey song I fell in love with, hence my username, so I do like Kill Uncle. The track inspired me to be more outspoken, I'm very shy. I think Mute Witness is a sweet idea lyrically and King Leer is making me laugh at the moment.

... Because you never do 🎹🎶

Sing Your Life was the first Morrissey song I fell in love with, hence my username, so I do like Kill Uncle. The track inspired me to be more outspoken, I'm very shy. I think Mute Witness is a sweet idea lyrically and King Leer is making me laugh at the moment.

... Because you never do 🎹🎶
King Leer is my favorite, #1 Moz Solo song, to me! I think everyone here on Solo knows this about me by now, LOL.

Sing Your Life has also inspired me so much to sing more loudly and clearly, even if my husband can hear me; trying not to care anymore. I'm awfully shy, too, even though I wish I wasn't.
I was singing The Headmasters Ritual the other day while blow drying my hair, and later in the day him and I were briefly talking about Morrissey, my husband says, "it sounds like Morrissey had really bad experiences in school and was sexual abused and hurt by his teachers." I knew at that moment he was listening to me sing it because I've never told him that before. Unless he's secretly getting into the Smiths without me knowing. 😂

Anyway.. 🥴

Oops, this conversation isn't about Maladjusted, I have a feeling it'll be moved to "Off Topic". 🥺 Bye.

...Off the rails I was and off the rails I was happy to stay!!!

Ready with ready-wit
Still running 'round
On the flesh rampage
- At your age !
Go to Soho, oh
Go to waste in
The wrong arms.

You stalk the house
In a low-cut blouse:
"Oh Christ, [just] another stifled
Friday night!"

King Leer is my favorite, #1 Moz Solo song, to me! I think everyone here on Solo knows this about me by now, LOL.

Sing Your Life has also inspired me so much to sing more loudly and clearly, even if my husband can hear me; trying not to care anymore. I'm awfully shy, too, even though I wish I wasn't.
I was singing The Headmasters Ritual the other day while blow drying my hair, and later in the day him and I were briefly talking about Morrissey, my husband says, "it sounds like Morrissey had really bad experiences in school and was sexual abused and hurt by his teachers." I knew at that moment he was listening to me sing it because I've never told him that before. Unless he's secretly getting into the Smiths without me knowing. 😂

Anyway.. 🥴

Oops, this conversation isn't about Maladjusted, I have a feeling it'll be moved to "Off Topic". 🥺 Bye.

...Off the rails I was and off the rails I was happy to stay!!!

always thought those lines would make a great tattoo.

I haven't heard Maladjusted yet, unfortunately, I am still working on Your Arsenal! I still read through this whole thread though, and took it all in. I'm very, very excited to listen to it now. Cheers!
Maladjusted is gonna blow your mind (in a good way.) One of the most underrated Morrissey solo albums that gets better and better with repeated listening's.

I agree. I want a Smiths/Morrissey lyric tattoo so badly but I feel like I'll never decide what to get.

lol, there is a b-side from Maladjusted just for this predicament.

Staring in the window of the shop that never opens
Planning my selection from all the treats inside
Should I take as I desire - oh shall I, oh shall I ?
Or should I hang around to be enticed inside ?

I'm trying to explain to myself
I can have both
I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
I can have both
I can have both
There's nobody around to say no
Who've brain-washed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know he can have both

Smiling through the window to the one who never serves you
I've not been feeling myself tonight
Should I take as I feel like it - well shall I, oh shall I ?
Or should I wait and hope to be dragged inside ?
Oh...

I'm trying to explain to myself
I can have both
I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
I can have both
I can have both
There's nobody around to say no
Who've brain-washed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know he can have both

I can have both
There's no need to choose
Because