Malcolm McLaren dies aged 64

What sad news, almost unbelievable. And almost eery with the recent re-birth of PiL just spoken about on another thread, it seems like a trip back in time.

R.I.P.

Re: R.I.P Malcolm McLaren

Let's not forget BOW WOW WOW, his other band.

"For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and i will miss him, and so should you"

Johnny Rotten (via Twitter)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to sound insensitive but I can agree the he was important to 70's punk, no responsible.

The Ramones were responsible for it. Not Malcolm, neither the Sex Pistols.

Flax right, Malcolm wasn't responsible for Punk, he just threw some petrol onto the flames.

He's dead... we're not supposed to piss on his grave... we're supposed to say 'jolly nice chap' and all that kind of flattering stuff... 'didn't he invent sliced bread', 'wasn't he the best looking man in England at one point' - you know, lies and shit!!:thumb:

:thumb:

youve changed,your language is appalling!:thumb:

I apologise profusely for the use of absolutely vile language:blushing:... I'm stressing over homework right now and suppose i was just wanting to let off steam (at my professors) and directed it at poor old Malky and his dissenters instead. Nothing but flowers and kittens will emerge from this eerrr computer anymore.:p

PS: swearing = all part of the vernacular, as i always say!!!:thumb: bum, erse, bahookie!!!!!

i wonder if there will be such an outpouring of condolence when this guy dies?

loupearlmanglamourshots.jpg

listen, the Ramones may have been there before the Sex Pistols, but so were LOTS of other bands that were "punk". The Ramones were on their third album when the Sex Pistols BLEW UP and were actually seen as a threat to the government. The government being the UK, land of the hyperventilating tabloids, this may not be a supreme achievement, but still...

any argument that the Ramones were better or more important than the Sex Pistols is ridiculous. Utter fabrication. Did not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom