May 2nd London Mayoral Elections

I am sure BJ will do a much better job than the awful communist that preceded him...

What a silly thing to say Ken as awful communist.
At least he has managed to improve some parts of public transport system in London.

*edit*
10th June 1984 Smiths appeared GLC's (which was Ken in charge) Jobs for change festival which was voted No.8 by Time Out's Best London Live in 2004.

Sensible people know Boris is totally incompetant as a politician.

Last edited:
I think it's very exciting that you're very political, Munchybrain, but I have a couple of questions... How is Ken Livingston a crook? (Excuse my ignorance) And why should we not vote for Boris Johnson just because he's a "toff"?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for Boris nor would I ever. The reason I didn't vote for him is because of his incompetence and his intollerance of other types of people. Are you against him just because he has more money than you?

Lots of people close to Ken have said that if they wanted to spoil his name they could, very easily, and I just generally think he's a fake.

We shouldn't vote for Boris because he's a f***ing ex-Etonian, how can we really expect him to understand normal people? You might also want to Google the Bullingdon Club, which both he and David Cameron used to be in.

I personally don't live in London (though I used to), but it will be very interesting to see how "The Blonde Bombshell" gets on as mayor....

I'm an American though one who is in Britain quite often for family and I have to say both Boring, and Ken were scum. Its remarkable to me how our two nations keep re-electing the same disgusting parties over again and expecting new results. At least Brian Paddick and the Liberal Democrats have a compassionate and reasonable plan for Britain and arent the same sorts of repulsive policies. I just wish that the States would have a party of such qualities...alas that day shall never come. In regards to the BNP and Mr. Barnbrook that is legitimately disturbing and god help the city of London on having that man with a say in its affairs his acceptance speech was like watching the Munich Beer Hall Putsch all over again.

I was talking about the police. I didn't think your parents would be angry with you.

Haha, yeah, my parents literally hate them as much as I do. My mum has been politicised (I'm sure that's not how you spell it but I don't know) by the whole thing in Tibet, because she's a yoga teacher, and semi-Buddhist. My dad used to be really into the left, but he's not active anymore. They're unbelievably liberal compared to all my friends parents, which is nice. :)

I don't like the Tories but i have a tiny bit of admiration for old Boris.He's a complete arse and doesn't care!!Anyone that doesn't take himself too seriously is likeable.

Well, thank God Ken has gone. I loved the part of Boris's acceptance speech where he was saying the shredding machines are working away haha, so true.

I don't like the Tories but i have a tiny bit of admiration for old Boris.He's a complete arse and doesn't care!!Anyone that doesn't take himself too seriously is likeable.

You don't live in London. :(
I just can't wait for some scandals and he'll resign.

You don't live in London. :(
I just can't wait for some scandals and he'll resign.

What has that got to do with it?He's in the news and its everywhere.I'm allowed an opinion!

He is funny though.You've got to laugh at him.He cracks me up ..and well time will tell.If he goofs it all up I can't imagine it will phase him for long.

What has that got to do with it?He's in the news and its everywhere.I'm allowed an opinion!

He is funny though.You've got to laugh at him.He cracks me up ..and well time will tell.If he goofs it all up I can't imagine it will phase him for long.

Of course you're entitled to express your opinion.
However, since you don't live in London, it's not directly affect your life.
Londoners need a competant mayor who does the job properly and delivers the promises, not an inexperienced laughing stock.

Yeah, that'll be a real chortle when he f***s up the management of the nation's capital.:rolleyes: It might be amusing to you looking in from the outside, but please spare a thought for us Londoners who actually have to live under the rule of this incompetant buffoon. I doubt you'd be quite so flippant about it if it actually affected you and your family. There's only so long the Tories can keep shrugging their shoulders with the excuse, "Well, that's Boris for you."

Coiff.

Lots of people close to Ken have said that if they wanted to spoil his name they could, very easily, and I just generally think he's a fake.

We shouldn't vote for Boris because he's a f***ing ex-Etonian, how can we really expect him to understand normal people? You might also want to Google the Bullingdon Club, which both he and David Cameron used to be in.

Sorry, Munchy, but that's just not an answer at all. That's just hearsay and presumption. I really thought you might have a juicy fact or two. And as for not voting for someone because they went to a much better school than you? That's just envy.

GUTTED.
I can't believe that people voted for a f***ing circus clown to run our city.
Say what you like about Ken, but he did a lot for London, people have very short memories.:mad:

Tags
london politics
Back
Top Bottom