Mike Joyce DJ residency in Manchester

Yes, you beat me to posting this:guitar:

If he plays the kind of music he played on his radio show on the sadly missed Revolution, then it will be a great night indeed.
Dont expect all the ''Manc Indie Classics'' (if you do, go straight to 42nd Street or 5th Avenue).
This is a show for those strictly in need of some Alternative Therapy:):cool:

Jukebox Jury

Brickhouse is good if it fills up, been in a couple of times at 12 with about 5 others and that's it. Expensive too, £6/£8 entry and £2.99 for a can of Breaker?!? But enough of the negativities, for me it plays the best music in Manchester and the djs cater for a lot of requests.

What can we expect to hear from him JJ?

The real question is will he - like the former Friday night DJ there - respond to my Morrissey requests by asking if I'm in the mood for Nobody Loves Us, Have A Go Merchant or Daddy's Voice rather than just playing Charming Man/First of the Gang like most record spinners?

If the answer is 'no' then this is a step down.

The real question is will he - like the former Friday night DJ there - respond to my Morrissey requests by asking if I'm in the mood for Nobody Loves Us, Have A Go Merchant or Daddy's Voice rather than just playing Charming Man/First of the Gang like most record spinners?

If the answer is 'no' then this is a step down.

Mike The Tory
It's an Alternative Therapy night, not an obscure Morrissey solo b-sides night:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
AND!

Were Therapy? really popular enough for weekly club night dedicated to alternative takes and demo's of their songs?

Because they believe in individual responsibilty, low taxes and small government.

...massive unemployment, exploitation, starvation wages, whole generations on the dole and left to rot, homelessness, removal of meals on wheels for elderly, pensioners freezing to death, using police to crack working class heads who were only fighting for survival...tory scum.

Milk snatcher

...massive unemployment, exploitation, starvation wages, whole generations on the dole and left to rot, homelessness, removal of meals on wheels for elderly, pensioners freezing to death, using police to crack working class heads who were only fighting for survival...tory scum.

Because non of these issues are a problem under Labour. Oh, if only we lived in the heaven on earth that was the USSR. OMG, Stalin was so awsum. Russell Brand has a pic of him on his wall. Wow he's so cool!

Last edited:
Milk snatcher

As someone who did not have free milk at school I'd just like to confirm that because of that all my teeth have fallen out and I'm very brittled boned. So much that I broke all my fingers typing this.

If people can't afford to buy their own f***ing milk then frankly they can't afford to have kids and shouldn't.

Friday 21st November at the Brickhouse in Manchester is launch night for Mike's new Friday residency "Alternative Therapy."

I'm told that details are on www.brickhouse-nightclub.com

You couldnt pay me enough $$$ to go see this monstrosity dj. If his djing is any indication of his past musical career(or lack thereof), I'd stay clear of giving this asshole a dime of my cash. He doesn't have Johnny Marr around this time to program stuff for him, like he did w/the Smiths, when Johnny would have to program/teach him all of his drum patterns for him.

You couldnt pay me enough $$$ to go see this monstrosity dj. If his djing is any indication of his past musical career(or lack thereof), I'd stay clear of giving this asshole a dime of my cash. He doesn't have Johnny Marr around this time to program stuff for him, like he did w/the Smiths, when Johnny would have to program/teach him all of his drum patterns for him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Is the Shithouse still going? I havent had one of their flyers flung into my hands in a good few years. I must look too old nowadays?

Is the Shithouse still going? I havent had one of their flyers flung into my hands in a good few years. I must look too old nowadays?

Hahaha, you never be seen wearing a Smiths Tshirt, they don't bother handing one to you. :D

Back
Top Bottom