More UK Dates - Band line up - from TTY

See, I do partly agree with this. I think the band line-up does need a re-shuffle to keep it fresh and advance Morrissey's musical direction; a musician (or any kind of artist, actually) can and should never stop developing and changing in my opinion.

Far from it. I don't mind polite disagreement and criticisms at all, as you would see if you bothered to read my other posts and the reply above. What I do mind is the pervading unconstructive and unpleasant negativity of your posts in particular, and frankly I'm rather irked that no-one has commented on it before. Why so much anger? The forum doesn't need dragging down even more. I would quite like to know why you bother coming here at all- seriously, I'm all ears.

And as for implying that anyone who dares to actually like what Morrissey does (or even respond to overtly negative and pointless slagging-offs) is a sycophant or an arse-kisser- well, that's the oldest troll trick in the book, and terribly predictable. Grow up.

tbf to Viva, there's a lot of negative people on this site, but when Morrissey cancels gigs like he does, people earn the right to be negative, I believe.

& I don't think Viva's trying to be a troll (& I would know!! :D) also, people are allowed their own opinion, if everyone agreed on here, it'd be a pretty boring place to visit!

Should we expect the tickets to go on sale tomorow?

The boro box office is open at 10. But the site has no news of a gig there as of yet.

Reckon its going to be like the last dates, no one knows when to sell the tickets lol.

Carnt wait.

Matt.

I assume tickets on sale either 13th or 20th May.

tbf to Viva, there's a lot of negative people on this site, but when Morrissey cancels gigs like he does, people earn the right to be negative, I believe.

& I don't think Viva's trying to be a troll (& I would know!! :D) also, people are allowed their own opinion, if everyone agreed on here, it'd be a pretty boring place to visit!

True, I was probably a bit harsh with the troll thing.

Last edited:
twas.It looked like mayhem standing.Were you down there?

yeah I was second row from the front at the start of the gig, the crowd surges were ridiculous! Made for a fantastic atmosphere though and once I'd managed to get out of the surge I enjoyed his performance completely.

I hope York (and Boro if I get tickets) are going to have great atmospheres =)

Far from it. I don't mind polite disagreement and criticisms at all. What I do mind is the pervading unconstructive & unpleasant negativity of your posts in particular, and frankly I'm rather irked that no-one has commented on it before.
I forgot this site had a strict politeness policy. My fault. How much more constructive can you be other than suggesting he write better lyrics, hire better musicians, work with new songwriters, and actually put an effort into promoting his albums? Did you even read the posts or did you just see they weren't 'polite' and decided to bitch?
And as for implying that anyone who dares to actually like what Morrissey does (or even respond to overtly negative and pointless slagging-offs) is a sycophant or an arse-kisser- well, that's the oldest troll trick in the book, and terribly predictable. Grow up.
That doesn't make it any less true.

Realistically, anyone who has ever put even a dollar of their hard earned cash into Morrissey's pocket has the right to complain.

It would be one thing if all this recent ridiculousness was the first time...but it isn't. He's been sabotaging his career and alienating even more fans in the past 5 years than ever before.

You can't sit at home and eat only white foods while ignoring your fans and the betterment of your career forever...eventually it is going to start costing you money...and if YoR is any indication, that time is now...and this is written by someone who bought 3 different versions of that album!

You are a very angry person. It's a Morrissey show. Show up and enjoy it, or stay home in your mum's basement. Your choice.

I don't have a mother or a basement. Fail.

Let's compromise.

How 'bout I come over to your mum's while you're at a Morrissey concert? Do you have rubbers?

Gustavo was on the for the whole Swords tour, right? How was he? Was he more in the league of Mikey V.?

The Jesse hating gets a bit tiresome, but as he is probably my least favourite Morrissey collaborator I too was hoping for at least a change in lead guitarist. A younger, virtuoso with more range.

From what I've heard from bootleg recordings from the Swords tour, he is quite exceptional. Mikey was one in a million, but Gustavo at least seems to be more virtuosic than Kris Pooley. His addition of flamenco guitar to the solo in "Carol" was a welcome replacement to the cheesy synth that Pooley used on the song, although it's a tragedy that we never got to hear it live with Mikey playing trumpet. That would've been GOLDEN.
I'll be interested in seeing how long Gustavo sticks around with the band. He seems to be on good terms with Morrissey if he has been sighted with Moz and Jesse at the Cat & Fiddle.

Personally, I'd be interested in Morrissey writing an album with most if not all of the songs co-written by a keyboardist. This isn't to say an electronic album (of course there'd be guitars) but certainly something new.

As I said at 2011 Tour thread... I'm very glad to see Hartbreaks as opening act at Leeds. They're my fav band post-2000's. I've known them last year by chance and now I'm a big fan.

A keyboard-based album would dovetail nicely with Street producing.
Good to hear an opinion on Gustavo, thanks.
I just went and compared two versions of Carol, from the Refusal tour in April 2009 and then Swords in November. Really nice flamenco guitar from Gustavo, and while not as good as the trumpet, some very nice picking for the bridge. He's talented.
Agree about Mikey on trumpet, though. An instrument he learned only days before the studio session!?

Personally, I'd be interested in Morrissey writing an album with most if not all of the songs co-written by a keyboardist. This isn't to say an electronic album (of course there'd be guitars) but certainly something new.

On-sale Friday the 13th?! :squiffy: :(

According to the press release the three extra dates were added "due to phenomenal demand."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom