Morrissey’s cancellation prompts on-air Live 105 pranking

Morrissey’s cancellation prompts on-air Live 105 pranking - SFGate Culture blog

Excerpt:

When, with alarming predictability, Morrissey cancelled a concert in Oakland at the very last minute on Thursday (just like he did two years ago) our friends at Live 105 couldn’t help but give the sad sack singer of the Smiths a good ribbing. “Eye on the Bay” host Liam Mayclem — a fellow expat with the requisite Irish blood, English heart — was happy to serve as an accomplice.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you know who I'm hoping loses his radio job next- that really wasn't funny.

Moz deserved it & more from everyone holding a ticket for the show.

Exactly how is Morrissey to blame for the cancellation?

Boy who cried wolf.

Trick me once, shame on me.

Trick me 127 times, definition of insanity. The band member is just a scapegoat.

Exactly how is Morrissey to blame for the cancellation?
Good Point. Morrissey isn't responsible for this cancellation. For any cancellation for that matter. What's the matter with these things? Anyway, I just would like to say you're right. Goodnight.

I was a good fan, through hail and snow, I'd go, just to moon you... I find no worth in responding, but it's slightly, only slightly less than what it should be. Morrissey has previously cancelled shows in SF/No Cal/Bay Area and it will most likely happen again. MOZ, have you become the egotistical prat that we believed you to despise? Have you finally realized now that from your perch you can be complacent and aloof, embracing the attitude of those who vacuum the lull of Los Angeles, instilled with it's mentality, engulfed in it's clueless and self glorified bubble, seemingly happy to perform in what's considered lesser cities, to shamefully slight San Francisco fans. Perhaps it's all an effort to build the epic ending of an untold master plan, perhaps a final concert at Cow Palace like the Beatles or even latter day Elvis, to capture a final moment in a vain attempt to emulate the greatness of others, the pleasure of superimposed narcissistic self gratification, or maybe just as a reason for us all to continue to pay jacked up prices so he can laugh in the faces of a discerning Bay Area audience who wants nothing more but to relish in our love for greatness... I can appreciate exploiting fellow band members for the scapegoat excuse, hey I get it, it's tough out there doing half the shows other bands do for five to ten times the pay, I really feel for MOZ, as we've all been programmed to do. I have an idea, lets all sensitively focus our efforts on helping all the furry little animals, but make sure we do not support people, who really cares about the riff-raff human beings? One more time Stephen and I'm putting my albums in a box (along with all the bootlegs) and flinging them off my yacht in plain view of your ocean front mansion whilst finally eating a Big Mac and realizing the fact that Johnny Marr was and always will be a better musician than you could every try to be. Thanks for ruining our night, again. Need something to hold on to? Try holding on to your schedule as well as your words. Here's a song you've inspired me to write, inspired by MOZ for MOZ, please enjoy.
"Fleeting Stephen"
You must run boy
You better hurry and hide away
Not just from everyone
But from the heart
And the hand
Of the pissed off fan
To have seen you would have been grand
But not for us
Because you're never there
And you don't really care
You've ruined the night of yet another pair
Perhaps the night of their lives
And now you've broken all the hope
Of confused and little people
You were the last of those who cared
Not anymore though
So if you don't mind
We no longer mind
You've backed out of facing us all over again
Not anymore though
It doesn't mean anything to us old friend
We don't mind, if you don't mind
We're better off home in bed
As if you really meant to face us again
You don't mind, so we won't mind
Don't let Fleeting Stephen get in your head
You never mind, well never mind
Fleeting Stephen has happened again

"Stroking your hair as the patriots are shot. Fighting for your freedom on the television."

MOZ, have you become the egotistical prat that we believed you to despise? Have you finally realized now that from your perch you can be complacent and aloof, embracing the attitude of those who vacuum the lull of Los Angeles, instilled with it's mentality, engulfed in it's clueless and self glorified bubble, seemingly happy to perform in what's considered lesser cities, to shamefully slight San Francisco fans.

Why are you dragging LA into this? I'm sorry that he likes playing in So Cal and played 4 shows there this past tour (even adding a rare intimate venue show) while cancelling the past two SF Bay Area shows. Maybe you should leave your No Cal perch and go to LA to see him. How is MOZ ANGELES a "lesser city"?

troll

You can't even spell Steven. I'll be back f*****.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can appreciate exploiting fellow band members for the scapegoat excuse, hey I get it, it's tough out there doing half the shows other bands do for five to ten times the pay,

Erm, he's playing in small theatres. Not stadiums.

I was a good fan, through hail and snow, I'd go, just to moon you... I find no worth in responding, but it's slightly, only slightly less than what it should be. Morrissey has previously cancelled shows in SF/No Cal/Bay Area and it will most likely happen again. MOZ, have you become the egotistical prat that we believed you to despise? Have you finally realized now that from your perch you can be complacent and aloof, embracing the attitude of those who vacuum the lull of Los Angeles, instilled with it's mentality, engulfed in it's clueless and self glorified bubble, seemingly happy to perform in what's considered lesser cities, to shamefully slight San Francisco fans. Perhaps it's all an effort to build the epic ending of an untold master plan, perhaps a final concert at Cow Palace like the Beatles or even latter day Elvis, to capture a final moment in a vain attempt to emulate the greatness of others, the pleasure of superimposed narcissistic self gratification, or maybe just as a reason for us all to continue to pay jacked up prices so he can laugh in the faces of a discerning Bay Area audience who wants nothing more but to relish in our love for greatness... I can appreciate exploiting fellow band members for the scapegoat excuse, hey I get it, it's tough out there doing half the shows other bands do for five to ten times the pay, I really feel for MOZ, as we've all been programmed to do. I have an idea, lets all sensitively focus our efforts on helping all the furry little animals, but make sure we do not support people, who really cares about the riff-raff human beings? One more time Stephen and I'm putting my albums in a box (along with all the bootlegs) and flinging them off my yacht in plain view of your ocean front mansion whilst finally eating a Big Mac and realizing the fact that Johnny Marr was and always will be a better musician than you could every try to be. Thanks for ruining our night, again. Need something to hold on to? Try holding on to your schedule as well as your words. Here's a song you've inspired me to write, inspired by MOZ for MOZ, please enjoy.
"Fleeting Stephen"
You must run boy
You better hurry and hide away
Not just from everyone
But from the heart
And the hand
Of the pissed off fan
To have seen you would have been grand
But not for us
Because you're never there
And you don't really care
You've ruined the night of yet another pair
Perhaps the night of their lives
And now you've broken all the hope
Of confused and little people
You were the last of those who cared
Not anymore though
So if you don't mind
We no longer mind
You've backed out of facing us all over again
Not anymore though
It doesn't mean anything to us old friend
We're better off home in bed
As if you really meant to face us again
You don't mind, so we won't mind
Don't let Fleeting Stephen get in your head
You never mind, well never mind
Fleeting Stephen has happened again

I don’t mind if you forget me. I don’t mind if you forget me. No, no, no, no, no. If you don’t understand Morrissey and why he cancelled then he doesn’t want you as a fan. Don’t be representing and do not speak for anybody else except yourself. You are mentioning things we don’t care about. Regarding Morrissey, if you don’t like him then don’t look at him. Learn the lyrics.
If you can’t understand him by now, after all this time, after all these years … Fine but then please don’t cry, whine on here because really nobody cares. I don’t give a f*** about your all ruined night. Morrissey did the right thing because that’s what he does. Especially when it really matters. He’s had it with you fans. Correct yourselves, please eject yourselves from any future gigs. If you can’t respect Morrissey, then find somewhere else to go. You claim that you are so allegedly shattered over a cancelled Morrissey show then go choke on your own vomit.
Then take this tit for tat bullshit along with your Morrissey did this or that crap to the playground in the your mind and stop wasting my time. Morrissey is hot, you’re not. Don’t form opinions about Morrissey, I have visions about him. You Goddamn spaz, I don’t mind if you forget me.

Oh no don't criticize Morrissey, it's like reaching out and daring to touch God. LOL. Geez.

Back
Top Bottom