Morrissey acquired rights to Bonfire of Teenagers?

I really hope this isn't a glitch and means he has the rights now. But wouldn't they just either take down one of them instead of leaving two up?

Spotify Germany says
IMG_1789.jpeg

Only version I saw credits Morrissey as source rather than the typical record company. Did Capitol ever have the UK rights?
Screenshot 2023-11-13 175250.jpg

So nothing really new then?
No, plus the single carried those varying attributions back in November, 2022.
I went through many purchased versions of Rebels looking for the best bit rate (24-Bit - 48.0 kHz - link still active in Downloads). They all had variations of UMG/Capitol/Morrissey in the copyright and licensing. That included the information in the ID3 tags. Some digital stores later changed to 'Morrissey' (later as in a week or two later - not now).
The UK distribution of Rebels was attributed to Capitol by Central itself:
"Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify, courtesy of Capitol Records."
I highly doubt there'll ever be any clear explanation for the intricacies around all this, but as for how it may relate to a 'shelved' album...
🤷
FWD.

It‘s all very sad. 13 months (video interview with Fiona) ago he said that the Album comes out very soon but there is still no sign of it, instead more pointless posts on Central.
Some weeks ago at the TV interview he said that he will buy the rights back from Capitol, which doesn‘t mean there is a new label which will release BOT and Without music… We can only hope for 2024.

Moreover, if this album is so important to him, why isn’t he playing more tracks from it live? Four NY shows in a row could have yielded Saint In A Stained Glass Window, I Live In Oblivion, or any of the as yet unheard ones.

Instead it’s just “Telephone Rings” and night pop flopped over and over again.

Moreover, if this album is so important to him, why isn’t he playing more tracks from it live? Four NY shows in a row could have yielded Saint In A Stained Glass Window, I Live In Oblivion, or any of the as yet unheard ones.

Instead it’s just “Telephone Rings” and night pop flopped over and over again.
They are good songs but yeah, I was hoping to hear Without Music or Saint, or was hoping he would play Suspicious Minds in Graceland... alas

It‘s all very sad. 13 months (video interview with Fiona) ago he said that the Album comes out very soon but there is still no sign of it, instead more pointless posts on Central.
Some weeks ago at the TV interview he said that he will buy the rights back from Capitol, which doesn‘t mean there is a new label which will release BOT and Without music… We can only hope for 2024.
I've given up on the hope that he'll self-release as a way to release his music without obstacles. So, maybe he'll consider smaller, more independent labels... I don't know what other options there are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom