Morrissey And His Britishness

skinheads were the last real british subculture,coming from jamacian roots in the late sixties and a mixture of the mod rude boy style they became hard mods,or peanuts to eventually skinheads.morrisey actually wasnt bottled off stage by neo nazi's at the madness gig,i was there.he was bottled off by some sad old wankers who didnt understand him or even care.they were just thick idiots,The press blamed it on skinheads because madness have a large following of skins but how can they be nazi skinheads when they listen to madness and ska music,which comes from dark roots.I understand where morrisey is coming from and he has always embraced the britishness,thats why he invited the cockney rejects as support for his albert hall gig.media are lazy people who love to paint bad pictures of people,label them as racist as they did with skinheads& indeed morrissey.It sells and thats all that they care about.if you want to discuss skinheads with me please do so but read my website first,it explains everything about skinheads,warts and all.dont just comment me back& shout kkk or nazi crap because that make you the stupid one.heres my site. www.skinheadawayoflife.com

Time to time Morrissey's Britishness is often discussed in here.

You can revisit earlier threads of them:

The Britishness of Southpaw Grammar
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72353

One American's view on Britishness
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=81257

;)
Hi Yes I Know,I wasnt trying to drag up old history but thats how i found you by looking for some skinhead articles on the web& i came across a few of your morrisey fans shouting out about skinheads being racist etc,i just found it interesting that some of his fans are so easy to judge skinheads as racist yet when morrissey got accussed by the media& the n.m.e. mag they were up in arms about it.He was so wrongly accused as we often are of this.He was misunderstood like so many of his songs are.you can be proud of your flag,country etc with out being racist.Iam.I just ask that next time Maybe they dont just judge a book by the cover thats all.I have seen the smiths many times and enjoy them still to this day,he is one of the best songwriters this country has produced.The new collaberation between johnny marr & morrissey for the new cd looks good,even though they didnt actually get together for it really.Shame but it aint gonna happen,marr could probably do with a reunion but not morrissey& as for the other two well thats another story.Thankyou for your info though i will have a look.all the best chris.

Last edited:
Take it from me... sometimes a shaved head is simply a shaved head.

skinheads were the last real british subculture,coming from jamacian roots in the late sixties and a mixture of the mod rude boy style they became hard mods,or peanuts to eventually skinheads.morrisey actually wasnt bottled off stage by neo nazi's at the madness gig,i was there.he was bottled off by some sad old wankers who didnt understand him or even care.they were just thick idiots,The press blamed it on skinheads because madness have a large following of skins but how can they be nazi skinheads when they listen to madness and ska music,which comes from dark roots.I understand where morrisey is coming from and he has always embraced the britishness,thats why he invited the cockney rejects as support for his albert hall gig.media are lazy people who love to paint bad pictures of people,label them as racist as they did with skinheads& indeed morrissey.It sells and thats all that they care about.if you want to discuss skinheads with me please do so but read my website first,it explains everything about skinheads,warts and all.dont just comment me back& shout kkk or nazi crap because that make you the stupid one.heres my site. www.skinheadawayoflife.com

My favourite post for a long time.

So skinheads are NOT neo-nazis? that's confusing me. I've always thought that they were nazis and don't want immigrants in their country. :confused:

So skinheads are NOT neo-nazis? that's confusing me. I've always thought that they were nazis and don't want immigrants in their country. :confused:

I highly recommend you to watch Shane Meadow's excellent film This is England.

If you watch the film you'll understand a user skinheadawayoflife's post. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom