Morrissey and Marr is DEAD

Their symbiotic synergy and energy has now been broken for over two decades. It's like a pair of intense dramatic youthful lovers, in a way, who go their separate ways and then get back much later in life with their early first love. It's never going to be the same...
That's probably it in a nutshell. :straightface:

LET IT GO FOR f***SAKE. IT'S JUST SAD.
But it's not sad, and why let it go? Who wants to see a broken world? Why not hope for reconciliation? With all the best results :)

I never want Morrissey and Marr back together, it's over.
I don't really care if Morrissey writes an autobiography but he probably needs to shut a few people up. The Journalists and musicians who crawl out of the woodwork. They may have met him once or know someone who once knew him, which somehow gives them the right to have such a great deal to say.

GET OVER IT. I mean, honestly, who truly wants it to be 1987 again? I liked the Smiths back then but wouldn't want to hear M&M (good name for any new collaboration - Eminem 2!) in their middle age do old great songs about their youth and em-bare-ass themselves. It's been 22 YEARS since they broke up. The only people who want this reunion are people who want to relive their depressed youths, or kids who never got to see them. The kids would never be able to relate to men of M&M's age onstage, though they would appreciate the musicianship, I'm sure.

And imagine...what if they came back out with stuff and it was shite? That would crush many a wistful wishful wishfuel wishfool dream I'm sure. Their symbiotic synergy and energy has now been broken for over two decades. It's like a pair of intense dramatic youthful lovers, in a way, who go their separate ways and then get back much later in life with their early first love. It's never going to be the same, because the years and other people and places and faces have left traces of themselves on something which was once quite innocent and pure, before court battles, before jobbing musicianship, before songs about blowjobs in taxis.

LET IT GO FOR f***SAKE. IT'S JUST SAD.

Brilliant way to put it.

I think it would be quite embarrassing if they were to get back together.

No matter how brilliant any new tracks M&M wrote together were, it could never live up to expectations.

I'd prefer something more "casual" where Johnny would submit some demos along with Boz and Alain (give Jesse a rest) and may the best songs win. If there were a few Marr tracks on the finished album, great. No need to have them on stage together, even. Would like to see a return to the Strangeways production sound, though.

Also wouldn't mind seeing one last magazine spread of the pair, with the headline "We're not gonna tell you again!"

Also wouldn't mind seeing one last magazine spread of the pair, with the headline "We're not gonna tell you again!"

Brilliant. The cries for Morrissey and Marr to reunite are the music fan's version of a child constantly asking "are we there yet?" on a long car ride. This would be a perfect antidote. :clap:

Cheers,
Jamie

Almost missed my cue; sorry: :D

newsflashcopyz.jpg

Wonder when Moz will reunite with himself...

As a massive Suede fan seeing The Tears on stage broke my heart - the tunes were crap and they clearly still had bitter feelings towards each other.

Really? As a huge Suede fan as well, I think a lot of The Tears first album is much better than very late Suede. The Ghost of You is one of my fave tracks Brett and Bernard have ever done.

Really? As a huge Suede fan as well, I think a lot of The Tears first album is much better than very late Suede. The Ghost of You is one of my fave tracks Brett and Bernard have ever done.
I found them really disappointing - i think it was Bretts lyrics rather than Bernards fault. I do love Bretts solo stuff though, he was fantastic on that last tour doing solo and Suede material...

I'd love all them to do a live interview on radio or TV or something. all 4 in the same room at the same time. it would still be good if moz and marr done one themselves though

that picture has me salivating ! gonna print off a copy and chuck it up on stage when i go to see mr marr on wednesday at newcastle uni !

Moz looks horrible in it though :sick:

Back
Top Bottom